Buick News: 2013 Buick Verano Turbo Drops With 250 HP

Re: Park Ave v. Deville that says more about the Deville than it does the Park Ave in that they were nearly technological equals, Northstar aside. There is a large technological difference between the XTS and Lacrosseon everything except the engine. Magnaride+air spring, Cue, haldex AWD, Capacitive touch, automatic braking both front and back, available limited slip differential in the rear.

It is more than a dressed up Lacrosse.

Unfortunately, it has the same short wheelbase that the LaCrosse has. At least the DTS had a wheelbase that made sense for a full size car.

Re: Park Ave v. Deville that says more about the Deville than it does the Park Ave in that they were nearly technological equals, Northstar aside. There is a large technological difference between the XTS and Lacrosseon everything except the engine. Magnaride+air spring, Cue, haldex AWD, Capacitive touch, automatic braking both front and back, available limited slip differential in the rear.

It is more than a dressed up Lacrosse.

Even the Park Avenue and Deville of the last generation weren't even technological equals. The Deville had a more refined and sophisticated powertrain, the availability of heated and cooled seats, massaging seats, those really crisp CRT gauges, Night Vision, Nav, etc, etc. This is largely a continuation of that reality with the XTS and the LaCrosse. It's also about 7in longer and has double the cargo capacity.

• 1 month later...

It'll burn premium. It'll come without home link, may not come with an auto dimming rear view mirror and all of that at what price for the turbo?

Hardly anthing comes with homelink anymore and I am certain it has an auto-dim mirror as even the convenience model gets one. The Turbo model is basically the 1SL Leather Model plus the 2.0L engine + 6 Speed Manual Option + Suspension Upgrades. Factor in the addition of standard Rearview Camera, Blind Zone/Cross Traffic, and I would expect the price to be somewhere between 29,000 and 30,000

ZL-1, the only thing I would change is that the Cadillac XTS should be a second generation Lucerne, not necessarily the new LaCrosse. Some people do not want to pay Cadillac prices for this kind of car. I remember reading an old copy od C&D saying that one could buy a Park Avenue (say 2004-6) for a discount over the then Cadillac Deville and not miss all that much. I would rather have the new flagship for Caddy be here now, but we have to wait.

Yeah, I know. The old product planning decisions will take some 4 or 5 years to correct; it can't be done overnight. I didn't use the name Lucerne, but I understand where you're coming from on that.

there is a chance of a Verano GS coming also.

What would the GS offer over the upcoming T? A bigger turbo, or same powerplant and just revised front and rear fascias? Unless it came with more power, I'd struggle to see the value in paying an even higher premium for the same output. GS should mean something more than simple aesthetics.

Now if they created a 2-door hatch with a 6-speed manual, and lighter weight. Perhaps that could be a GS model.

• Agree 1

You know what is sad and a bit crazy...I'm actually cross-shopping a Camaro 1LT with a Verano Turbo. Each has its pros and cons to make a case for a potential purchase for me. Pricing on the Verano T will be interesting for me, and some seat time in each will be huge.