Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Industry News: Tesla Model S Gets Its EPA Rating

jeez... morons

Jeez, grade-schoolers. :rolleyes:

Sounds Like a Double Jeez Please! :P

So yes as Ocnblu has stated my son has an awesome black Jeep Patriot that is in the shop after some moron side swiped it over the weekend in a parking lot and did not leave a note.

Yes this car is cool on this thread, but currently for the Rich only, not the rest of humanity. The Electric cars that the rest of humanity can afford are sadly stuck to 40-80 miles on a charge and long recharge times. Will the Telsa technology get licensed to other Auto makers so they can add it to their version of electric cars? No one knows.

In regards to CNG, I stand by my long range vision that Gas -> CNG -> Electric.

If we are to reduce our carbon footprint, then we need to take logical steps for the mass of humanity while the few spend on the R&D to get us to electric.

Cheers from Rainy Seattle, Another Liquid Sun Shine Day!!! :ohyeah:

I can't wait to see Fullmoon97 try to drive 700 or 800 miles with that 260 mile range EV... In a gas (or CNG) vehicle, this is a 10~11 hour trip... in a EV, recharge times are going to turn this into a 2 day adventure. But that's what one can expect when people think that highly reactive lithium is just sitting on the surface of the earth, ready made to be poured into a battery box.

As far as the Gas->CNG->Electric thing goes... I honestly do not feel EVs will be anything beyond short distance commuter vehicles... unless the market agrees on some way to swap out batteries at refueling stations.

There are PLENTY of drawbacks to pure electrics, son.

Plenty of advantages as well:

Lower center of gravity

Battery provides for additional structural rigidity

More space for passengers and cargo (no exhaust, driveshaft, bulky engine and transmission, etc.)

Instant torque

Lower NVH

Zero tailpipe emissions

Greater efficiency

Less maintenance

Exactly.

It's a moot point arguing with some people...some people will never embrace new and different ideas let alone understand them. They fear change.

Some do, but I think Dfelt is right, gas then CNG then electric.

I love the idea of an electric car, low end torque, from the very get go...