Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Summertime's arrived

Been over 100 near-continously here for 6-8 weeks... first 100 was over 2 months ago (4/21)..but AZ is in it's own little strange climate. I'm looking forward to October when the highs are back in the 90s.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

SO HOT. I had customers right at 4 this afternoon in an already hot showroom (glass box, 98 degree heat & sun, doesn't matter how good your A/C is, it's hard to keep up) who then wanted to spend hours outside and ask 72 questions. I got home drenched.

Then again, it is summer and to be expected. But holy...

101 today here in the 757. For curiosity's sake I checked the recorded high in Athens, GA. 107.

Much of the same is expected tomorrow, and what am I gonna be doing? Why, driving south through all of it, of course. :hot:

I do love summer. If only my balls weren't dragging the floor. 95 today. *basking*

Get some sunscreen, and get a Miata.....works for me....

SO HOT. I had customers right at 4 this afternoon in an already hot showroom (glass box, 98 degree heat & sun, doesn't matter how good your A/C is, it's hard to keep up) who then wanted to spend hours outside and ask 72 questions. I got home drenched.

Then again, it is summer and to be expected. But holy...

Yeah...I am in the refrigeration and A/C repair business...I've been busy....

I do not like the heat and humidity, so I've appreciated the cooler than usual temperatures throughout June in New Jersey. The few periods of heat waves we've had in the recent past, and the current one we're experiencing, cause me to hibernate in A/C places, such as the movie theater and my house :lol: I dread July & August :explode::fiery::hot:

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

I prefer fall myself.

I'm not racing tomorrow...I'm just too tired and need to spend time with my wife.

Fall FTW. Especially right when the weather begins to turn and the leaves start falling in earnest.

Here at my house, I've noticed it's cooler if I just have the windows open, no fan going, as a fan draws in hot air. If the sun is in a position to actually hit a window or sliding door, I close it, the insulating glass keeps it noticeably cooler.

At night for sleeping I turn on the fan to draw air through, not blow it in. Works well so far.

Bring on the heat (in a few ways.....!), is usually my motto, but I have to admit this recently-broken heat wave was a bit too much.

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I'm feeling more alone than I ever have before" __ Ben Folds 5 __ 'Brick'

I hate summer here in the desert hellhole...supposed to be 113 today, but cooling to 107 later in the week.

But do your joints ache????? They say that dry desert heat is good for the joints and sole! ;)

Mostly cloudy and cooler today, so they've ascended a bit. Need rain!

About the same here today. Those clouds need to weep.

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Take your time, hurry up" __ Nirvana __ 'Come As You Are'

Catching up...

It's been mid- to high 80s the past few days, which is a huge relief from the high 90s to high 100s we had been seeing.

Only drawback is that now there are thunderstorms every night. Which I myself don't mind, but they wake up the little girl.

Had spotty showers in the area yesterday (Saturday). Some areas got inches of rain, others, nothing. Not good.

Heat is returning ... lower 90s today, upper 90s Monday and Tuesday, then dropping to the 80s Wednesday.

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | "only child" 1979 Caprice Classic

"This is not where you belong" __ Trapt __ 'Head Strong'