Making a Honda go fast, made easy!

Since I know OCNBLU will open this thread...

IMG140.jpg

Makes Toyota repair simple also...

intake-1.jpg

I find it ironic that most of the cars in Formula d, that the Japanese fanbois worship...pretty much run LSx power...

DSCF0633.jpg

DSCF0635.jpg

Just goes to prove that the Asian's can build a reliable car that is non-inspiring, yet put American V8 in it and you finally have a car.

you gotta give S2000's some credit though. fun to drive, just a bit bigger than a miata, and 240hp from a tiny little 4-cyl engine. and most importantly, :rwd:

...they just have no torque.

Very True, one of the few cars I think Honda has built well, just needed to take it to the next level.

you gotta give S2000's some credit though. fun to drive, just a bit bigger than a miata, and 240hp from a tiny little 4-cyl engine. and most importantly, :rwd:

...they just have no torque.

Very True, one of the few cars I think Honda has built well, just needed to take it to the next level.

Yeah, S2K's and the NSX are the only Hondas I've ever really loved.

I hate Civics with a passion you can only imagine, and the rest I can take or leave.

I really hate the current Civic SI, they really cheapened the car and it doesn't even feel like a sports car.

S2K is fun as a track/autocross car, leaves a lot to be desired as a daily driver imho.

It's a very different driving experience...but I like the Roadmaster as well.

Now if I could get some of that sexy 1960's Buick styling with modern GM powertrain...heck yeah....

Lets take the Lower 48 Tucker car and put that sexy styling into cars today. That would be kick ass. I see no reason someone could not have this style on a car now.

Lets take the Lower 48 Tucker car and put that sexy styling into cars today. That would be kick ass. I see no reason someone could not have this style on a car now.

I agree....

Meh. A '94 Roadmaster has 260 hp from a V8.... But it also has what you really need..... 340 ft-lb of torque.

but can it handle a freeway cloverleaf at 70+mph? ;)

A Honda S2K can do it a lot faster than 70 on sticky tires....

Come to Ohio, I can demonstrate...

My friend Jim has a Miata on Street legal tires, it is a third gen car with coil overs and lowered...there is a 15 mph turn he routinely takes at 55-60 mph...and the tires don't even squeal....

With a good driver in an autocross it will outrun a mitsu evo, just because it turns so well...

We have Honda engineers in the group that I race with...that have done evil things with S2k's...

Come do a track day. Lots of fun...

Now, just to be fair, it ain't only the imprt boys having fun. In our group of guys we have a Cobalt SS TC that routinely puts down lap times equal to a newer supercharged Shelby Mustang....

And the Sky Redline and Solstice owners routinely put down times that smoke the Miatas and S2k's...and evo's...and WRX Sti's...

I haven't been on a real track in years. I think I need to do something like that.

I'd like something faster than my Slobalt though, and the Camaro isn't emissions-roadworthy anymore (and I reeeeally don't want to sell it). I'd like to convert it into a race car, but money.

Maybe rent a sporty something or other. I actually have a friend on another forum who goes to trackdays at Mid-O rather often, and that track looks like a lot of fun.

'97 and both.

the mods were never a problem, because mechanically it's basically just an SS clone with a little extra, and up until a few years ago it could still pass a smog test. but even after new cats, it won't make it. I have no idea what's wrong with it; it wasn't burning oil, the check engine light wasn't on. I think it just needs an engine overhaul, or maybe a new one altogether, but I can't really afford either. I'd like an LS-series engine but they don't fit those years.

Edited by Turbojett

Ughhhh....hate to hear it.

Here in Ohio we don't have smog and nothing is enforced....at least in central Ohio. IIRC both Cleveland and Cincy have smog....

Then again if it is paid for, it could become a dedicated track car. Lots of things can happen when it doesn't need to be street legal.

Meh. A '94 Roadmaster has 260 hp from a V8.... But it also has what you really need..... 340 ft-lb of torque.

but can it handle a freeway cloverleaf at 70+mph? ;)

My Suburban can handle Cloverleafs at 80 with no body roll or tire squeal, course I did change out the suspension for a Kodiak 2.5 ton and with all the rest of the work to the power train, this is not your fathers suburban. :P

I love it when my big o'l bad ass SUV can take the seattle cloverleaf on and off ramp better than a muttang or any other performance car for that matter. :D

I can't vouch for a '94 Roadmaster, but my '95 Caprice wagon did pretty nicely around cloverleafs... well, when it was unloaded. Our cloverleafs are generally pretty tight, rated at 25 mph... so typically doing 55~60 in the Caprice would have me leaving the sports cars behind. I look forward to the day when I put it back together... with the Hotchkiss lowered springs and new suspension parts. I had been driving on two broken springs, one was from a sedan (too thin) with numerous worn parts.

I need a ride in your passenger seat, sir!

Hope you do not scare easily as my wife says I drive way to fast, I tell her I am Aggressive Defensive driver! :D

I support making drivers ed $2500 with racing training. Driving is a privilege you earn and you should enjoy it. Have a lane for bus/carpool and for self driving cars like the POS Prius from Google.

All other drivers get to drive in American AutoBohn! Same rules as they have in Germany! :P

Edited by dfelt

Hope you do not scare easily as my wife says I drive way to fast, I tell her I am Aggressive Defensive driver! :D

I support making drivers ed $2500 with racing training. Driving is a privilege you earn and you should enjoy it. Have a lane for bus/carpool and for self driving cars like the POS Prius from Google.

All other drivers get to drive in American AutoBohn! Same rules as they have in Germany! :P

I like the way you think....I would agree.

In Finland, I think that's pretty much the way that they do it.

I like the way you think....I would agree.

In Finland, I think that's pretty much the way that they do it.

Society has to accept that not everyone is cut out to drive or handle the responsibility of driving.

Agreed.

http://www.tirerack.com/features/motorsports/street_survival.jsp

IIRC you have daughters, forget how old they are.

I suggested this street survival thing to Balthazar for his son....I am going to have my 16 year old daughter take this course at some point.