Well, That's It...

Guest YellowJacket894

Guest YellowJacket894

There's been plenty of relationship/"who did you bang last week"/"look at that ass" threads here and let me present the other side of the story. The story of the guy who feels confused and (strangely) depressed because he hasn't been in a relationship since the end of sixth grade.

I don't know how many people here are single and sick of it, but I know I am. I mean, it was fun for about maybe a year and a half, but then it got...old really quick.

"Isn't it funny that when you're single all you see are couples [and when you're part of a couple all you see are hookers]?"

Who said that? Jim Gaffigan? Well, he was right.

Ah, I'm highly aware of how pathedic it seems to be pissing and moaning about this kind of $h! on some forum. But whatever. There's more pathedic crap out there than this, especially on MySpace. (Parents obviously do not know how to parent anymore.)

I don't know. I guess it wouldn't nag at me and make things, well, suck for me (maybe an exaggeration) if I didn't constant worry about being a 65 year-old crippled bastard in a nursing home, alone and pissing himself at night. And my parents are well into their late 40s and already encountering health problems, so I wouldn't doubt if they croak in their late 50s to early 60s.

It also wouldn't nag at me if I didn't understand why I'm not attractive to anyone. I'm mean, I'm not the best looking bastard to walk a straight line, but I know I'm not as repulsive as...Mike Tyson? Or Gilbert Gottfried?

Ah, I'll just end this ranting right here. If this $h! keeps nagging at me constantly, and I don't find a way to release the pressure, I don't know how things will end up. But for those who put up with reading this, thanks for listening.

I've been there. Believe me, it can be rough, especially when its shoved in your face during all those oh-so precious high school events. But when the time comes and it is right, you'll be happy. Don't worry about that. Good people always have good things happen to them.

I don't know. I guess it wouldn't nag at me and make things, well, suck for me (maybe an exaggeration) if I didn't constant worry about being a 65 year-old crippled bastard in a nursing home, alone and pissing himself at night.

Young punk. You should be so lucky to end up like yours oh-so truly. Only I also #2. In the Maxxyboo. I use it as my loo. It is the only thing to do. Where is Joshiepoo?

Edited by wpbharry

"Isn't it funny that when you're single all you see are couples

Actually, more like ironic ... not funny.

*shrugs*

I, too, am single. It doesn't always bother me ... except for the fact that 99% of my friends are _not_ single. I don't let that stop me from getting together with them, of course, but, it does get old when I go home at the end of the evening to checking out my forums ... while all of my friends go home to that special someone.

Ah, well ... it'll happen one day for me, if it's meant to be. If not, ah, well, too....

Course, on the other hand, sure would be nice to be with someone.....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

CD Showcase, 8p-11p central, April 21 & 28, wrmn1410.com

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"Fire me up" ... Def Leopard ... 'Pour Some Sugar On Me'

as hard as it sounds, what potential mates really find attractive about others besides looks is general postivity, outgoingness, and confidence.

that, and nice well groomed appearance and semi expensive clothing too can help.

i am not saying don't be honest about the things you worry about and feel bad about, or have doubts on, or frustrations.

Its just that potential mates or girlfriends and boyfriends are usually looking to fill the void in their own lives with reassuring, positive, fun, ahppy and confident people.

So even if it all the hardships of life and the weight of the world are getting to you, still try to put on a good face to everyone you meet everyday and always try to be positive, cheerful and fun. You'll quickly find out how many can accept one's faults, because the good stuff is what they want to be around.

case in point. one of my close friends is a hot female, she's now like 37 but looks way hot, like she's 23 or something. She's so amazing to be around because she always if focused on being positive and is so outgoing and cheery. Even though many aspects of her life suck.

She is the prototypical outgoing, attractive, and fun person which would explain why she would never go more than 5 minutes without a date if she wanted. Often, back before she was married, she would be dating 2-3 guys at a time.

good looking, outgoing and fun people just serve to show us how easy it is when you have it that good. and they take it for granted. people like me who are not hot and are introverts and sometimes negative really have to work at it to be positive and fun and gorgeous, it does not come naturally or easily.

Some of us need to work at it and others don't...but if it gets you in the door as far as friends and realtionships its worth it and then over time if someone is really your friend or lover they will like you in spite of your weaknesses but at first you almost have to de-emphasize all your demons or flaws etc.

THERE IS someone for everyone, sometimes more than one, or more then twenty. For some of us, its harder to find that one, it doesn't get served up on a platter and sometimes we are forced to wait...

Edited by regfootball

I can easily get with girls, but I'm way too picky to settle down with a girl until I can really "feel" something with her, and I haven't "felt" anything in almost 2 years now. I've had small things here and there, but everytime I like a girl that damn much, she ends up saying she thought we were gonna be friends or something. WTF! So I'm just holding out to see if I can find a nice girl in college..

Ever considered a match-making web site or a personals column?

I met my G/F of almost 5 years through Matchmaker.com At least consider it. :)

YJ, what you describe is exactly what I go through. Being the third, or fifth, or seventh wheel in a group of friends has worn thin with me. I avoid dealing with the issue by trying to keep myself occupied with some kind of physical or mental activity, but even that can't always hide the fact that constant, unconditional love from a woman is something absent from my life.

YJ, what you describe is exactly what I go through. Being the third, or fifth, or seventh wheel in a group of friends has worn thin with me. I avoid dealing with the issue by trying to keep myself occupied with some kind of physical or mental activity, but even that can't always hide the fact that constant, unconditional love from a woman is something absent from my life.

:withstupid:

Parents obviously do not know how to parent anymore.

So true, so true. Society has gone downhill so quickly.

I was with my girlfriend for 3 1/2 years in high school and I have been single for about a year now and I am loving it, for the most part. Of course, I would love to have someone there to talk to and go out with, etc. but I am not ready for a full-time relationship just yet.

Keep looking, no worries. Try a dating site like some have suggested and just keep your eyes open. I have heard the food store is a good place for singles. Serious!

what's this feeling i'm getting. becoming aware of missing couple lifestyle; realizing single status is really a status and couple status really is a status. yes, it is about time i get a girlfriend again. i really am tired of this single crap. wow, that was like a warp. been alone too long now, though there have been potentials, nothing i could really sink my teeth in, and had the resources too. i know what i'm spewing.

I think that "one girl" is something that comes suddenly and unexpectedly. Someone gave me some advice a while back that you shouldn't go around looking for someone, because most of the time you will just end up wasting time. Many people find that special someone randomly and at the time they were least expecting it. The girl that I've been hanging out with recently was just someone I randomly happened to meet at a party. I wasn't looking for anyone at the time...she just happened to be there, and everything has been falling into place since then.

One thing is to keep a positive outlook. I've been single for a few years now because I tend to be picky toward girls and really haven't had the time for a relationship, even though I've wanted one for a while now. Just be yourself. The saying that nice guys finish last isn't true later in life...it seems like girls want the daring, outgoing guys in high school and through college, but later on they want a nice guy they can settle down with...at least that's what I've heard.

what's this feeling i'm getting. becoming aware of missing couple lifestyle; realizing single status is really a status and couple status really is a status. yes, it is about time i get a girlfriend again. i really am tired of this single crap. wow, that was like a warp. been alone too long now, though there have been potentials, nothing i could really sink my teeth in, and had the resources too. i know what i'm spewing.

There are so many things I could say but I won't embarrass you.

Guest YellowJacket894

Thanks, everyone, for the positive comments and advice. It really helps just to, well, get stuff like this off your mind.

It also helped me realize maybe what I'm currently lacking when it comes to personality, and so forth. (Need a good hairstyle and a boost of confidence, mainly.) Some things will take time to fix, but others will be...shorter.

I'm just glad not to be feeling the way I did yesterday.

Thanks. A bunch. :)

You are not alone in your sick of being single attitude!

This was in my local paper Wednesday:

"Tall, lean Southern raised gentleman, very young, middle aged, dark complexion, full head of hair and all my own teeth would truly love to meet a lady hopefully for a lasting relationship, I am 100 proof single and carry no historic baggage on my back or in my mind. I love to dance, gardening, and having nice things including people around me. I am very comfortable in my skin. If a lady so desires to write me I will honour this highly and with total confidentiality. My first name is Blue. Box XX, Town, Province, Postal Code"

Now, I am in no way shape or form looking for a cowboy with all his own teeth, but something about this ad intrigues me! I sorta want to write him just to see how he makes out with his search!

Stace, that was me!

Just joking but ummm being single has its advantages. At this point in my life I do not see myself getting married anytime soon, or later. It's not for everybody.

We all can't be swingers like you, Josh. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I aint no swinger. I do only the finest of women. Plus, since i'm not married and if I "bounced" back and forth that would make me bi not a swinger and no. No dice.

I LOVE women.