Car pics that make you go OMG...

IMG_0478.jpg

Clearly that guy is a fan of Saints Row 3.

I actually like that fascia design.

Out of all the cars here, this one is actually done well and is not that bad.

Would like to understand the very first picture. What does the hand symbol mean? Never seen it before.

Also the caprice, is just crazy. WHY WHY WHY I will never understand what people find to appealing about a car done that way.

Also, why would you want some big ass horns on a beautiful Rolls Royce. I never have understood that mentality either. Course, then it is a Texas thing.

Course I do find it funny all those computer fans being used for auto cooling. :P

• Agree 1

Would like to understand the very first picture. What does the hand symbol mean? Never seen it before.

Look up 'The Shocker' in the urban dictionary (It's a rather NSFW gesture). Was used on a '70s Datsun race car, BTW...2nd time I've seen a refererence to this symbol in the last couple days.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Look up 'The Shocker' in the urban dictionary (It's a rather NSFW gesture). Was used on a '70s Datsun race car, BTW...2nd time I've seen a refererence to this symbol in the last couple days.

OK, Now I know, too funny, found a photo of the Bush family with his daughters and one of them is doing this hand sign. LOL

apparently, there's some sort of motorsports/streetracing club that uses this symbol. I've seen it on a Genesis coupe that (used to) live in my neighborhood.

..oh yes, and here's my favorite...

000139-02.jpg

000139-01.jpg

No, it's not really my favorite; it makes my eyes bleed.

Bummer, guess the hot link is no longer working.

This car made me say OMG Saturday at the Pontiac Nationals. See if you can figure out what is wrong here. Yes it is a late model Pontiac but it is not Holden based.

photo010ibk.jpg

pontiacsunfiregto69b.jpg

dscf0130iq.jpg

dscf0127ob.jpg

I was walking the show field and had just got done looking at a friends 64 GTO from Colorado with a 06 GTO drive line and interior. It was even the same orange I then came across this car.

At first I thought oh a 69 with a new GTO LS driveline but then I really looked at it and notices something was very wrong here. I will give some hints to see if anyone can guess what this really is. I will tell you what it's not.

It's not a 69 GTO

It's not a new version GTO

It's not a Camaro or Trans Am.

It is based on a Pontiac from the 90's.

The car is all steel and does use real 69 GTO sheetmetal. There is over a 1,000 hours of metal work.

The work on this car was OMG and even the trunk was detailed down to the correct placment of a GTO spare with the correct speckel paint. The car is tubed a little in the rear. This car drew a crowd all weekend and really drew attentiona and made everyone take note as it was just so different from a nearly identical real GTO judge one car away but smaller and a modern drivetrain.

Ok you give up?

It is not a RWD car originally. Ok are you ready this is a Pontiac Sunfire. The owner took a Sunfire and grafted metal bits from a real GTO [no it was not restorable] convert the Sunfire into this creation. It was turned into RWD with small tubs. The car comes out as a 3/4 GTO Judge.

The car is nearly 8 inches more narrow as he removed 4 inches on each side of the bumpers hood and deck lid. The rear wing also was cut down. The Front fender, quarters and rear back light are all 69 GTO too.

The only thing odd it the quarter window is a little larger than I would like but he kept the stock glass to keep it simple. It is amazing car and fast.

The Pontiac Nationals again was a blast. It is still the largest Pontiac show in the world [1000+ show and race Pontiac cars] with a car show and racing all weekend. I was pleased for the second time in 2 years to claim one of the best in show awards from Ames Performance. Just try to get a 5 foot trophy home in a Fiero. It is good to have a buddy with a stock 64 GTO to haul it home for you LOL!

Anyways OMG can also mean good things in a car. I have nearly seen it all and this one even made me go OMG. Life is to short to waste time and web space on ugly cars.

dscn2896j.jpg

dscn2889fo.jpg

Edited by hyperv6

Not really!

Leave the copying to the aftermarket and Chinese.

It is time to build modern new classics. You can't live in the past forever or you will never have a future.

But the Future should look to inspiration from the past. I think we can have some amazing cars if we only realized what has been lost in the Style department and this kind of car does inspire me to build a modern judge GTO that would be so much better.

Not really!

It is time to build modern new clasics. You can't live in the past forever or you will never have a future.

Not really!

It is time to build modern new clasics. You can't live in the past forever or you will never have a future.

Agree on building some new classics....

I'm actually really liking the 94-2004 Mustangs more than the current ones in some ways, just because they are a modern, moving forward style...

Not really!

It is time to build modern new classics. You can't live in the past forever or you will never have a future.

But the Future should look to inspiration from the past. I think we can have some amazing cars if we only realized what has been lost in the Style department and this kind of car does inspire me to build a modern judge GTO that would be so much better.

A little retro is ok but to over do it iis just a sign of a poor stying staff.

Did you ever see Harley Earl or Bill Mitchell take from past cars? No they looked to nature and other things frome P38 fighters to Mako Sharks to inspire new original designs. If they took from other cars often it was from cars like Rolls and Ferrari to inspire parts of their cars not whole cars.

I think they did right on the new Camaro with some old but a lot of new hard edges on the car. I hope they keep some traits in the new Alpha that makes you know it is a Camaro but I want to see some new original ideas. The Camaro is more than an old muscle car or pony car as pointed out by the super car like lap times of the ZR1.

Also while there are pockets of American car fans around the world full on American Retro does not play well in the global market. The HHR and SSR were popular here but they are lost on Europe. The Camaro styling is not hated but they wonder why anyone would want a car you can't see an Apex looking out.

As for many young drivers today they also have a different take on things. While some like the old cars many could care less for many of them. They would rather have cars we would never consider like a WRX or some other sport sedan. Hell many would pass up a V6 Camaro for of all things a Soul. Yes it is crazy to me too but you must adapt to the market to reach the most buyers not just some of the buyers.

• Agree 1

Besides before I would spend $40,000 on a new Camaro or GTO as I would have a hard time taking that money and just buy the real thing. At least it would be worth more in 5-10 years as vs a old 2012 Camaro.

Edited by hyperv6

Agree on building some new classics....

I'm actually really liking the 94-2004 Mustangs more than the current ones in some ways, just because they are a modern, moving forward style...

To me, those look really dated now, like the 4th gen Camaros do...

are you SERIOUS?

That's Antonio Garay, NFL Defensive Tackle for the San Diego Chargers. 6'4", 320lbs. (You know, a little guy) I told you guys the Smarts can fit some big guys... even if his passenger can only be 180lb, otherwise, he'd be over the weight capacity. LOL.

antonio_garay_the_nose_tackle_who_drives_a_hello_kitty_smart_car.jpg

Big guys in little cars is just WRONG! in my book. I will never understand it.

Yes - I agree 100%!! Here's another one to prove this point:

0.jpg

That looks like the Buick, but no one can sit behind this guy I can promise you that.

Yeah dfelt, those are the new Buick LaCrosse commericals featuring Shaq. I think they're hilarious in the fact that he looks very uncomfortable in there (at least to me). He just doesn't "fit" in there, unlike what the commerical is trying to sell you on (how big of a car it is).

• Agree 2

Does Shaq fit in any modern car?

I am sure he would fit in a CTS or XTS far better than that Buick.

Course non of us Shreks really fit into any car, just keep us in our Full Size SUV's. :P

Does Shaq fit in any modern car?

I am sure he would fit in a CTS or XTS far better than that Buick.

Course non of us Shreks really fit into any car, just keep us in our Full Size SUV's. :P

XTS wouldn't be any better..it's just as tiny as the LaCrosse...short wheelbase, narrow.

• Agree 2

Big guys in little cars is just WRONG! in my book. I will never understand it.

I agree with you... except if you're parking in NYC (or another VERY tight metro), the dumb Smart seats a big guy better than a Cruze or Malibu and parks anywhere at a fraction of the hassle... and suddenly makes sense.