Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

AUGUST 2012 CAR SPOTTERS THREAD!

ocnblu

...Aaaaaand Balthazar blasts the hell out of this thread!

Full-size cruisers RULE. Fabulous 421 LeMans, too. And on the '61 Buick, nice insertion of modern Ventiports. The '60 Bel Air is perfect, it speaks for itself with just a nudge of help from stance and wheels. '56 Pontiac is sanitized nicely. I don't usually like tube grilles, but the Ranchero's blends in sweetly with the side trim moldings, and the '61 Chrysler's just dips its toe in custom.

1963 Pontiac Tempest 2dr post ............thats a car I could bring home. Makes me wonder how a SKY/Solstice turbo driveline and rear suspension would make that car act. After all that car scales in under the KAPPA evan with it's cast iron engine,trans, and rearend. 260hp, big brakes light weight...........just the tought of hitting the two lane blacktop makes me wanna drive. See ya later boys I'm heading out on the back roads.

That 60 bel air is perfect...wow...that just made my day.

1 of none Ford express van I was telling you guys about...

Picture253.jpg

Picture254.jpg

Clean old Fox body Mustang ragtop....seems like I rarely see Fox body Mustangs around any more...

Picture255.jpg

Keep seeing this lowered S10 around town, keep thinking of OCNblu when I see it...

Picture247.jpg

Picture240.jpg

I pass this thing on a weekly basis and I get really frustrated seeing it rot away...ugh....

Edited by A Horse With No Name

Ran across this Pontiac for sale out by the Chillicothe fair grounds...went by there today and its gone..

Picture305.jpg

Here is the 454 powered Corvette I was telling you guys about....

Picture302.jpg

C4 getting ready to race at Kil Kare...

Picture281.jpg

Picture286.jpg

C6 race car at Nelson auto group....

Picture266.jpg

Picture263.jpg

Yellow 65 Goat convertible at nelson auto group, different from the yellow 65 I posted earlier at Mershons in Springfield.

Picture261.jpg

Picture260.jpg

Amazingly crappy photograph of an Amazingly well restored car...this thing was beautiful!

Another of the C6 while I am at it...

Picture265.jpg

Edited by A Horse With No Name

Picture321.jpg

Picture323.jpg

58 Cadillac south of St. Clair and 5th....

Picture294.jpg

This is a 65 Vette I think I was telling you guys about. It's been a race car since it's current owner bought it in 69 with 20K on the clock...it now has 70K on the clock, and the last 50K has been 99.7% competition....it's spent a lot of time on road courses and doing track days. Still sees local car shows and such...was originally a darker metallic green, would have been sharp as a new car back in 65, Methinks.

Was thinking about Camino's choice of Teal for the mothertruck, and the resto shop behind Jegs had this Mustang sitting out front....It's more of a teal in natural, real light than the photographs show...

Picture326.jpg

64LeMs.jpg

This is a sad case. Car has been off the road since 1973. Owner picked it up in the last 5 years for $2K, put $2.5K into bodywork- which was a scam; bondo over open rot. Entire circumference of trunk opening need to be cut out. Trunk pan is lace. Car sat outside, in primer, since the 'bodywork' was done, interior is trash, rust, and who knows how much rot is under the primer. Car needs a body-off with LOTS of welding. It's a LeMans, but it's easy enough to dress these out as GTOs, as they were uncoded options in '64.

Owner came by today and was depressed to hear that the initial breezy quote of $2K to get it running was going to be more like $6500 (I think the number is closer to $10K). In truth, the car could be a nice cruiser/local show car for $20K. Disgusted, the owner said he'll just crush it. His buddy asked me what I would pay for it & I told him $750, but I think it is going to see the hammer. Not usual vintage car guys.

A new 2013 Lexus ES350 with temp tags, cruising down the street. At first the nose made me think GS then the thinner, squarer and even plainer body. Yep, looks like an ES and doesn't stand out. Perfect for Lexus.

IMAG0758.jpg

One wheel on this thing would cost more than what my entire car is worth.

Saw it sitting in a dealership in downtown Chicago, along with some assorted RRs, Bentleys and other miscellaneous cars that I'll never even sit in, let alone own.

Saw a lot of Fiat 500s in the Bay Area..probably a dozen or more over the last 4 days... saw a sweet dark gray 11-12 Charger SRT8, first one I think I've seen. Other sights incl. a clean red Porsche 356 coupe, a clean orange Datsun 240Z, a grabber blue '13 Shelby GT500, and a very clean white '69 Impala custom coupe.

Cool car....but I'd sell it and buy a Chevrolet Cameo truck...and invest the million and a half left over./....

I'll buy it from you and drive it every day of my life...

...which if I ever got that car wouldn't be very long thereafter. But it'd be the best coffin in the world.