Guest posting

depends, are they going to be the douches that post on edmunds inside line, autoblog, and import freak sites?

I can see the reasoning though, site traffic.

We haven't allowed unregistered guest posting for as long as I can remember, so at this point it is just an experiment and have no idea what the results would be. I would only allow it in the brand forums and reviews where MudMonster does most of his posting and we do most of our promoting, not anything like Lounge.

Sounds like a good idea. I'm ready to review posts.

Let's go for it....it beats being twelve old men posting here in ten years....with 45,000 posts apiece...

'Open the window, let in some fresh air'.

I like the way you think!

^ Are we racing, Horsey? ;) ;) ;)

I think the 455 in the B-59 would crush the 1.6 Supercharged in the MINI, so....no.

I agree that moderating the posts should work fine to allow the fresh air in. :)

So far we've got one new poster that Z06 tore apart.....let's see what else comes in the door.

No, I do not want to delete them either. But if the argument is without any basis it just portrays ignorance on our website.

I want constructive discussions and arguments based on good research. We do not go and troll other websites; others coming as guests should respect who we are and we have right to unwelcome them if they do not.

• Agree 1

If someone wants to post, it doesn't take much effort to sign up. All this does is just invite lazy people with lazy, unfounded opinions to blather.

On a gaming forum I moderated, we tried this. It's a different audience but it could happen here and make C & G trollbait.

I would much rather a system where Facebook logins are used. If that cannot be done, I'd forget the idea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...