ocnblu

"My" 2013 Fusion

$25,745

SE Sport Appearance

1.6L Ecoboost

6-speed manual transmission

Deep Impact Blue

Black Sport Cloth interior...

If you have the inclination and a few minoots, post "your" version here too.

$26,795 (SE)

1.6 EcoBoost, 6spd manual

Luxury Package

Bourdeaux Red (very dark maroon)

'Dune' leather interior

Moonroof

18 inch premium wheels (20 spoke design)

Neat....

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I would do the same as Cubitar, only black on black....that I think would be sweet.fusion is without a doubt the best midsized car built, IMHO.

i'd like a 2.0 turbo manual......

certainly both of your spec's are quite nice....

ain't gonna lie, i'd do a fusion hybrid also.

$27,540

SE Sport Appearance

2.0 L Ecoboost

My-Ford touch and voice nav

Deep Impact Blue

Black Sport Cloth interior

Fusion SE with sport appearance package

Moonroof

Reverse sensing system (would have to drive it, I might be able to do without this, but it is a must have feature on my 12 Fusion, as the deck lid is SOOOOOOOO high!)

Ford does not allow the sport appearance package and the start/stop feature. I'd like to know how Ford does the star/stop, it's something I'd be interested in seeing in action!

Deep impact blue with black cloth interior

$27,540

SE Sport Appearance

2.0 L Ecoboost

My-Ford touch and voice nav

Deep Impact Blue

Black Sport Cloth interior

+1

$25,745

SE Sport Appearance

1.6L Ecoboost

6-speed manual transmission

Deep Impact Blue

Black Sport Cloth interior...

If you have the inclination and a few minoots, post "your" version here too.

I'd probably just change the interior colour... For me, lighter sand/tan colours work best with blue cars.

Yup, that's cool, and I generally agree. The Sport Appearance package only comes with black cloth with red stitching, though, and I really like the exterior parts of the package. I am not a fan of spoilers, but at least it's flush mounted.

Just built an SE Hybrid with Luxury Package (leather, dual power seats, etc.), 18" wheels, and parking sensors for $30,785. Not bad at all. I like how MyFordTouch isn't a requirement with the hybrid, and the base controls are actually nicely laid out and attractive.

An otherwise identical SE 1.6T $27,585. Hybrid works out to use $800/year less in fuel over the 1.6T (assuming $4/gal, 15K mi/yr, 29 mpg combined vs. 47 mpg combined), meaning you'll start saving money after ~4 years.

Now I want to see a no-holds-barred, knock-out, drag-down drag race, and road racing track torture test between the '13 Malibu LTZ 2.0T and the Fusion Titanium 2.0 Ecoboost. Old-fashioned American automotive entertainment!

Which car behaves best at its absolute limits and beyond? Which car is quicker in acceleration, which has the higher top speed, which can run the fastest lap on a road course, and which has greater stamina? Which car is engineered stronger?

Edited by ocnblu

i saw a new 13 malibu driving around just now today and i have to say it really does have a nice presence when in motion. rakish, almost.

i am glad we are back to the ford vs. chevy knockdown days.

fiesta vs. sonic

focus vs. cruze

fusion vs. malibu

taurus vs. impaler

mustang vs. camaro

i saw a new 13 malibu driving around just now today and i have to say it really does have a nice presence when in motion. rakish, almost.

i am glad we are back to the ford vs. chevy knockdown days.

fiesta vs. sonic

focus vs. cruze

fusion vs. malibu

taurus vs. impaler

mustang vs. camaro

yep..

SHO vs. SS (sort of)

Police Interceptor vs. Caprice PPV

F150 vs. Silverado

Super Duty vs. Silverado HD

E-series vs. Express

Excursion vs. Tahoe

Excursion XL vs. Suburban

Escape/Edge/Explorer vs. Equinox

Flex vs. Transverse

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I think Ford is winning the battle vs Chevy. The Impala may turn out better than the Taurus, but the Fiesta/Focus/Fusion are better than the Sonic/Cruze/Malibu. This new Fusion is impressive.

WHOA nelly, by all reports, the Sonic is clearly the best car in its class re: more horsepower, comparable mileage, 6 speed transmissions, more features, more room, quieter ride. The Cruze/Focus matchup is more open for interpretation and might come down to an individual thing. If one can SEE OUT of the Impala it will be a more pleasant car than Taurus in daily operation.

The Malibu/Fusion is the matchup that is most problematic for Chevy, imo. Chevy is already discounting a brand new car, so Ford will find they need to counter that. If they don't counter that to a degree, the less expensive domestic midsize might win the sales war. Too early to tell if the public at large will love this new Fusion enough to pay more for it.

The Focus wins ever comparison against the Cruze, and the Focus has the 247 hp ST model to enthusiasts, where as the Cruze has 138 hp to appeal to the typical Corolla buyer.

The Fusion hybrid beats the Malibu Eco by 21 mpg city, it is no contest. People will pay for the Fusion and on MSRP the Fusion actually beats the Malibu. GM for 20 years had a discounted mid-sizer and people paid more for a Camry or Accord because it was better. Same will happen here. The Malibu is probably the 8th best car in the class, behind the Accord, Altima, Camry, Fusion, Passat, Optima and Sonata.

GM's edge (no pun intended) over Ford is with Buick and Cadillac to cover premium and luxury, where as Ford only has a dying Lincoln to cover entry-lux. But I think Ford has it won in the lower ranges, which is important as GM Europe is struggling big time, Ford on a global scale has a better product line.

Chevy does seem to have a problem on its hands with the new Malibu. It's just now rolling out its most valuable configuration (in terms of sales percentage) to the general public and it already seems to be outclassed. Granted, that sort of thing will happen when it takes nearly a year and half from its introduction to hit dealership lots. Since its introduction, the Camry, Fusion, Altima, and Accord were introduced and most hit dealership lots before the full Malibu line-up. At this rate, the Fusion and its various configuration will probably hit lots before the Malibu Turbo.

I noticed the Turbo is standard Equipment on the Canadian-spec LTZ models, perhaps to compete with the Fusion Titanium...

Here's how I see Chevy vs. Ford currently

Sonic vs. Fiesta - Currently the Sonic would edge out the Fiesta but the Fiesta's refresh is less than a year away with 1.0 and 1.6 ecoboosts so this is likely to change. Projecting ahead I'm giving this to Ford based on the new powertrains coming within a year.

Cruze vs. Focus - Focus in ever way except for rear seat room. Focus Electric and ST have no competition.

Malibu vs. Fusion - Fusion all the way. Premium content, looks and more. The only thing I hope to see added to the Fusion is an ST or SHO

Impala / SS vs. Tarus - Chevy hits hard here but only if you compare the Tarus to the 2 sedans in this class that are in the near future (I'm giving this to chevy based on projections where as I gave the sub-compact class to Ford based on near term projections.) You either have the handsome new Impala which asthetically and performance wise is better then the non SHO Tarus or you have the purpose built SS sedan.

Camaro vs. Mustang - I'm going to call this one a draw for diplomacy's sake. I think that the 3.7 v6 and 5.0 GT beat their counter parts but the ZL1 beats the GT 500 personally. I haven't seen any head to head Boss 302 to 1LE comparions yet.

the internet furor of the 13 Malibu is way overdone.

wait till you see a few on the road, it's a sexy car, and the people will take notice. Chevy will advertise the piss out of this car.

the only fatal flaw the BU has going for it is the tight rear seat. that is why they are planning for many Impala sales.

overall as a product line, the Malibu will be noticeably cheaper than the new rockstar, the Fusion.

Malibu will have fleet sales, a needed segment to ensure factory capacity.

Eco was introduced on the Malibu for a couple reasons. One, to amortize the eAssist system and therefore test produce the whole new car. Gave em 6 months to guinea pig some customers until the volume model came out, and the money spent by those early adopters helped pay for the eAssist program and the 13 refresh program. This allows them to sell the garden variety models at lower prices....and be competitive.

In pictures and in person (I've seen it) there is some equal cheapness in the new Fusion. The small turbos may be a turn off for many buyers also (the 1.6). The turbo malibu is niche. At least half the new Fusions will be turbos.

Edited by regfootball

I don't know, I saw a non-Eco Malibu recently with the smaller wheels and black mirrors, and it was pretty gross.

Well then, for a small extra amount in your muntly payment, you can drive an LTZ!

and the grille on the Fusion S is flat black and doesn't have the little chrome stripes.

Edited by regfootball

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook