lucerne spoiler

I love the terrible angle that shows nothing of what the spoiler looks like on the car. Way to sell cars, GM!

Oh, c'mon. Most manufacturer's websites show horrible photogrpahy of optional equipment like that, such as Nissan showing a foglamp housing, Dodge showing a spoiler by itself as if it came fresh from a box, or Toyota pricing a 'Lower Rocker Flare' with an unvailable picture.

You know what I liked about the Honda site? When you did "build a car", whatever options you chose, changed the actual image of your car above... if you added foglights, they appeard, if you added the gold appearance package, it appeard, etc. When I do GM websites' build a car, they usually give you one trim, and that's what you get. Something little, but I like it.

You know what I liked about the Honda site?  When you did "build a car", whatever options you chose, changed the actual image of your car above... if you added foglights, they appeard, if you added the gold appearance package, it appeard, etc.  When I do GM websites' build a car, they usually give you one trim, and that's what you get.  Something little, but I like it.

I KNOW!!! I've been playing around on car maker's sites since I was like 7, and it was always clear who had the best and who had the worst.

GM does have one of the better dealer inventory things going for it, but it has about the worst "Build Your Own" sections. I always loved how you could build a Honda/Acura and not just see a crappy blurred image of the car in a semi-correct color, but see clear front and rear angled views, and also see every little option/accessory appear on the car digitally. Very cool, and very informative.

found this on buick.com

Posted Image

You've GOT to be EFFING kidding me......

:banghead:

This company really is CLUELESS......it makes me sometimes want to just totally give up on GM....instead of causing myself any more grief....

Anyone that thinks that GM's "American Lexus" needs a tacky, cheesy, add-on spoiler on the rear of their upscale $30-40K sedan needs an brain-enema....

:hissyfit:

You know what I liked about the Honda site?  When you did "build a car", whatever options you chose, changed the actual image of your car above... if you added foglights, they appeard, if you added the gold appearance package, it appeard, etc.  When I do GM websites' build a car, they usually give you one trim, and that's what you get.  Something little, but I like it.

.....and its always like a picture of a Lucerne CX or Impala LS when you are really building a CXS or SS....

BMW's car configutor is also one of the best out there....by changing the wheels, interior colors, wood trims, even adding "blackout trim" around the windows to replace the chrome when you pick the "sport package."

remember the spoiler that ford added to the last generation taurus and sable? it really helped the lines and the visual appeal. this may help the tail end of the lucerne. there is something missing back there and i'd like to see what the car would look like with it on. my minds eye is a little fuzzy this morning. the factory spoiler option really helped the looks of my '03 bonne. it helps the looks of the new charger.

lucerne with wood, surround, nav, larger chrome wheels and now, a spoiler.

Wow, dude...wow.

I've seen ESs with spoilers. Not the raised deck ones like the above either; off-deck Camry-like spoilers.

When?

I haven't seen ONE Lexus with a tacky add-on rear spoiler.....maybe I've seen an (old) IS model with one, I don't remember, but CERTAINLY no ES, GS, or LS....

And if there HAS been one....I'm (almost) positive it was some dealer add-on....certainly not offered from the factory.

In ANY event....it most certainly doesn't fit Buick's image....

When?

I haven't seen ONE Lexus with a tacky add-on rear spoiler.....maybe I've seen an (old) IS model with one, I don't remember, but CERTAINLY no ES, GS, or LS....

And if there HAS been one....I'm (almost) positive it was some dealer add-on....certainly not offered from the factory.

I've seen several ES330s with spoilers and they seem factory-quality.

I'd really wait to see the car with one before chastising it so, so much.

The thing is that some cars look better with spoilers. The Neon does, the Taurus does, Shadows absolutely need them, the Charger SRT-8 does. I mean, a spoiler that is added to a car can make a car look good or even better, so long as it's done taseffully and not tacked on. Some cars, like the EVO, WRX, and Cobalt SS look great with the larger spoilers, while others, like the 300 SRT-8 look better with small ones. Some cars, like the Corvette, look best without them. Anyway, if Caddy can put spoilers on their cars what's wrong with Buick doing it? So long as it's not the size of a Cobalt SS's :P

Wait to see the whole car before making judgement.

When?

Almost every old-gen GS400/430 had a spoiler, though I haven't seen any ESs or LSs when them.

This one isn't so bad, and it'll keep the hip, sophisticated, accessorizing, 97-year-old Floridians happy.

GM has a bad habit of thinking the base model can have a spoiler optional, the next trim needs it standard. Alero and Intrigue were like that. I hated the way I was forced to take the spoiler on my G6, and I've heard a lot of GTP owners say they don't like it either.

I hope it isn't the case here.

Why the f*ck would a spoiler be offered in a Buick?

Wasn't there a spoiler offered on the last gen Regal?

Posted Image

That's obviously not a GM picture, but I'm fairly certain I remember it being an option as an add-on under "accessories".

Edited by Paolino

Wasn't there a spoiler offered on the last gen Regal?

This is my Regal Paulie, it has a Spoiler.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Before any of you complain anymore that spoilers don't belong on Buicks get your priorities straight. Spoilers only belong on RWD FAST vehicles to be functional and even then it needs to be a really fast car to be even that useful.

Every other kind of car the spoiler is simply for cosmetics. So I'm not sure what brands spoilers are "acceptable" for but they do add something to any car considering it's only cosmetic. The Regal has a sporty history and was just as fast as the Grand Prix with the GS. Buick's have had a very sporty history sporting one of the most powerful and quickest muscle cars of the muscle car era and of course the Grand National is still revered. Even the Regal GS can go very fast, ask Dean on this forum, he owns one.

But even a spoiler on fullsize car like the Lucerne is good because it's simply another cosmetic piece, like on all vehicles. It's not a "functional" spoiler, but chances are neither is the spoiler on 95% of all cars.

I like mine on the Regal because there is no question what it is when looking at it from the back. You can't even mistake it for a Century which is important since they share similar styles. I've always felt the spoiler has done a lot for appearance on my Regal and it deserves to be there as much as the Grand Prix or any other vehicle that has similar HP. Buick is NOT for old people. Buick is a respectable brand and makes respectable cars, that doesn't mean they have to be boring.

Guest flowmotion

The rear-end of the Lucerne is really sparse and not particularly contemporary looking. I hate to say it but a well-designed spoiler might be the best short-term fix.

This company really is CLUELESS......it makes me sometimes want to just totally give up on GM....instead of causing myself any more grief....

Anyone that thinks that GM's "American Lexus" needs a tacky, cheesy, add-on spoiler on the rear of their upscale $30-40K sedan needs an brain-enema....

And to add insult to injury, the 95% of GM 07 models are equally hopeless just like the 06's, 05's etc. The only cars to get any changes worth while were the G6 and the 3 new Saturns. UNBELEIVABLE :rolleyes:

The thing is that some cars look better with spoilers. The Neon does, the Taurus does, Shadows absolutely need them, the Charger SRT-8 does. I mean, a spoiler that is added to a car can make a car look good or even better, so long as it's done taseffully and not tacked on. Some cars, like the EVO, WRX, and Cobalt SS look great with the larger spoilers, while others, like the 300 SRT-8 look better with small ones. Some cars, like the Corvette, look best without them. Anyway, if Caddy can put spoilers on their cars what's wrong with Buick doing it? So long as it's not the size of a Cobalt SS's :P

Wait to see the whole car before making judgement.

Exactly. Same with 5th gen Grand Ams.

Although... I'm not sure a spoiler belongs on Buick unless it's on an 80's T-Type and subtle.

GM has a bad habit of thinking the base model can have a spoiler optional, the next trim needs it standard. Alero and Intrigue were like that. I hated the way I was forced to take the spoiler on my G6, and I've heard a lot of GTP owners say they don't like it either.

Like the GA, G6's look terrible without spoilers. So... I wish it was standard across all trims. Atleast one makes it less bland than it already greatly is....

There are very instances in my eyes where a spoiler enhances the look of a car compared to not having one. The 1997-03 Grand Prix and 2000+ Bonneville are two that instantly come to mind as needing spoilers.

Don't forget GAs. :P Edited by blackviper8891

We all know the 'function' of the grand majority of spoilers on consumer automobiles is purely for looks.  Some do need them, for certain, and have been named.  I would have to agree with the choices.

Isn't it purely opinion then?

There isn't a fact list of what vehicles look best with spoilers.

Spoilers come in all sorts of shapes and sizes and the Lucerne one is nothing crazy looking, it's just to give a little bit more flavor to the rear. It doesn't jut out a foot over the trunk or anything. It's a very sophisticated and proper spoiler for the vehicle it's on.

i e mailed buick and told them if they expected to sell any of these they should include a full body shot of the car, with the spoiler installed, on their site. instead of just a picture of a spoiler, leaving us to imagine how it would look.

a buick rep called me today to apologize and said that they didn't have an answer to my question. she asked if i had any other questions that needed answering. how surreal.

i e mailed buick and told them if they expected to sell any of these they should include a full body shot of the car, with the spoiler installed, on their site. instead of just a picture of a spoiler, leaving us to imagine how it would look.

a buick rep called me today to apologize and said that they didn't have an answer to my question. she asked if i had any other questions that needed answering. how surreal.

Did you even ask them a question? By the sounds of it you were telling them to put a picture on their site, and rightly so, it only makes sense.

What question couldn't she answer? How to obtain a picture of Lucerne with a spoiler? That sounds pretty basic for any car company to do. That's disappointing.

I'm slightly amused right now. I'm a bigtime I Love Lucy fan... I needed a laugh before I went to bed tonight, so I popped in a DVD. They're in Switzerland and Ricky is on the phone saying "Get the band over to Lucerne." Never paid any attention to the name until the past two years.

Did you even ask them a question? By the sounds of it you were telling them to put a picture on their site, and rightly so, it only makes sense.

What question couldn't she answer? How to obtain a picture of Lucerne with a spoiler? That sounds pretty basic for any car company to do. That's disappointing.

i was "suggesting" that they put a full shot of the car on the site. the answer to my question as to why the photo wasn't on the site was not in her area of expertise. she said that she would pass it on to "?(cannot remember the name)". maybe the dealer has a photo or, better yet, a car with the much anticipated spoiler. its probably the same one from the bonne, twisted around to fit the buick. there is a little problem with the visual cue on the back side of the car that a spoiler just may fix. anyway, she was there to answer basic questions on gm vehicles including where the local dealer is located so i can go in and part with some money.

Hmmm..... imagine that... :lol: An official Lexus spoiler to accessorize their upscale $40k sedan.

OHHHH! Check out their official Lexus faux wire wheels for that $40k sedan also! :lol:

:yes:

And I have YET to see a single ES with that "accessory" spoiler attached.....

And as I'm sure you've noticed with this thread even BUICK is having a hard time finding a Lucerne with the "accessory" spoiler attached too... so what exactly is your point? Don't be a hater.