Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

1983 Pontiac Grand Prix Dealer training promo

What is important to point out, is how this car has roadability.

I love the 110 hp V6, or 145 hp V8. I guess that 138 hp Encore I was saying is underpowered isn't looking so bad.

1983 was at least an improvement over 1981/82 for the GP and Lemans-Bonneville. The top gas engine in 1982 was a Buick 4.1 liter V6 with 125 HP and no V8 was even offered. The year before the Pontiac 4.3 liter 265 with 119 Hp was the top gas engine in the GP/Lemans unless you ordered a wagon which could be had with a 135 HP 301 4BBL. For 1983 the Chevy 305 4BBL with 150 HP(49state tune) was re-instated due to a general relaxing of oil prices and a start to a better economy. More importantly 240 ft lbs of torque were on hand at a low 2400 RPM's which gave these cars good low and mid range power. Also of note the GP gained the famous F-41 option back with larger front sway bar and rear sway bar plus the steering and shock upgrades and P205/70R14 tires were offered. In 81/82 only a heavy duty spring option was offered with 205/75 tires the top option for ride comfort over handling. Also of note- the bucket seat were the same basic units found in the TA with recliners on both sides and the seat material was a nicer less gaudy velour material.

My mom bought a new '83 GP LJ model in the spring of that year. Maroon exterior, dark red half-top vinyl, maroon interior. Bucket seats and console, Rally II rims with thin white-wall tires. I learned to drive using that car and miss it dearly to this day (mom traded it in in summer '93).