Sign in to follow this  

Cheers and Gears Weekly Update 09/21/2012

Latest Articles

$24,950 For A 2013 Buick Encore

Uploaded by mudmonster on Yesterday, 07:49 PM

William Maley

Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

September 18, 2012

Buick has announced pricing for their new 2013 Encore crossover. When the Encore arrives at your local Buick dealership early next year, it will carry a base price of $24,950 (includes $750 destination charge).Standard equipment will include 18-inch wheels, a seven-inch color touch screen with Buick’s IntelliLink system, backup camera, and power driver’s seat.

Buick will offer three different packages for the Encore. Those packages will include,Convenience Group ($25,760): dual-zone automatic climate control,...

Buick and GMC Announce Nine New Models For The Next 12 Months

Uploaded by mudmonster on Yesterday, 12:25 PM

William Maley

September 18, 2012

Buick and GMC have announced to their dealers today that the two brands will collectively launch nine new or revised products over the next 12 months.

Some of the products have already been shown. Those products include,Buick EnclaveBuick EncoreGMC Acadia

Others have either been talked about and/or been caught in spy shots. Those vehicles are,2014 Buick LaCrosse2014 Buick Regal2014 GMC Sierra2014 GMC Sierra HD2014 GMC Yukon2014 GMC Yukon XL

Dealers were also told that GMC Canyon would be returning. When the Canyon would be...

CEO Alan Mulally Says He Has No Plans To Retire

Uploaded by mudmonster on 19 September 2012 - 09:09 PM

William Maley

September 20, 2012

“Please don’t write me off yet. I mean, I love it here.”

Those words were uttered by Ford CEO Alan Mulally to reporters this week at the launch of the new Fusion.

“My plan is to continue to serve as the CEO of Ford. I’m really clarifying that now. If I had any plans to do anything differently, I’d share it with everybody,” Mulally said.

Mulally comments come a week after news surfaced that Mark Fields would become Ford's new COO, which led to speculation that Ford was setting up...

Leaked: Is This The New Jaguar F-Type?

Uploaded by mudmonster on 19 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

William Maley

September 19, 2012

Auto show season is upon us and it means two things; new cars and leaks.

Case in point, a picture of the new Jaguar F-Type roadster was leaked earlier this afternoon by spy photographer and friend of C&G, Chris Doane.

"Something interesting just popped up in my inbox..." Doane wrote as the caption on the picture on his Facebook fan page.

The new F-Type looks to be almost a dead ringer for the C-X16 coupe concept shown at the Frankfurt Motor Show last year, minus the roof. Powertrains will include two supercharged V6s and...

Rumorpile: Is Land Rover Considering A Subcompact SUV?

Uploaded by mudmonster on 19 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

William Maley

September 19, 2012

Land Rover is having great success with the new Range Rover Evoque and is considering whether to do a subcompact SUV.

"Certainly, I think we can go smaller. In a world focusing on sustainability you could argue that smaller and lighter is the way to go," Land Rover's design director Gerry McGovern.

Land Rover isn't the only brand considering this. Audi is reportedly working on a Q1 SUV and Mercedes-Benz is working on one based on the new A-Class.

Source: Automotive News Europe (Subscription Required)

William Maley is a...

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook