Back again...GS style this time

Info on chips, please!

This company - http://www.trifectap....com/dynos.aspx

They claim to also have put an additional 36hp and 54 lb-ft of torque at the wheels in a Cruze turbo.

Correct.

"Chips" are the wrong word, but completely new engine/transmission calibration custom done and loaded by laptop is the more common. My Buick salesperson was on his 2nd Regal lease, going from a 2011 to a 2012 Turbo, and both his and a service advisors GS are Trifecta tuned. So no concerns with warranty with them. I believe as on my G8 & Avalanche done by another company, it's a matter of a "ghost tune" so that even when plugged in and analyzed by GM, all code numbers, etc. appear factory.

I am pleased with the GS performance as it is, just a bit soft off the line then wild with the turbo. Not sure I care to change it, although I tuned both my G8 GT and the Avalanche and the results were awesome. GS with even a little stronger feel and maybe an extra mpg or so on the highway might be cool.

Front wheels will always be Brembo black dusted regardless, and are waxed now. Just nature of the pads. Buick issued a TSB for owners that complain of black dust or squeaking to replace the pads with another non high performance quieter/less dust pad, with the addendum the originals must be re-installed if the car will be used on track. Interesting. I like the bit of the Brembo set, so big deal. Wash the wheels when necessary.

Edited by caddycruiser

I wonder if XTS with Brembos has "track" pads? LOL.

Depends on which type of Track your going to run your XTS. ;):P

Wish I'd had the time to shoot a pic..saw an XTS 'senior style' today--pearl white, cream padded top, gold trim, wide whitewall tires, chrome wheels...

• Agree 1

Wish I'd had the time to shoot a pic..saw an XTS 'senior style' today--pearl white, cream padded top, gold trim, wide whitewall tires, chrome wheels...

I will never understand that fake padded top. Why destroy the looks of a great car that way. What a shame. :(

I'm going to say no. They likely use the "other" version, with Brembo equipment and a quieter, less dusty pad meant for luxury.

I will never understand that fake padded top. Why destroy the looks of a great car that way. What a shame. :(

Reminds me of when I sold a 2012 Acura RL with every accessory to a customer earlier in the year...she asked several times if they could do a canvas top like her Continental. No, so I compromised and we did large chrome Acura emblems on the C-pillars instead which actually looked great.

Cloth tops. The weirdest ones I see around Philly are Altima's and Camry's with them. I'm assuming because George & Betty went to trade in the cloth top Century and the only cars they liked were the squishy Camry, etc. So cloth top again it was.

Well, until the last of the 'boomers leave, the aftermarket will keep providing them with the crap they want :lol:

I can only imagen how that crap will affect the resell value. :(

Well, until the last of the 'boomers leave, the aftermarket will keep providing them with the crap they want :lol:

but why do they put that stuff on Lincolns and Cadillacs but (mostly) Not Benz and BMW?

Different buyers with different personal tastes of 'luxury', I would think. Some BMW and Benz buyers go for oversized blingy wheels and lo-profile tires, for example. While the older buyers of Buicks, Cadillacs and Lincolns go for the padded tops and whitewall tires..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Maybe it's a lease v. buy thing. Most high-end Euro luxury cars are leased, aren't they? Maybe that crap is prohibited, for good reason, on lease vehicles.

Sometimes, not always. Usually the people who would request or do a cloth top, Vogue tires, etc. are not leasing people. Tends to be 2 different groups.

The vinyl top, pinstripe, chrome rack, Vogue tire, etc. people are those that buy a Lincoln, drive x few miles, and 2-4 years later, trade for another one and request the same stuff. Or they have it for 10 years and then do the same.

Higher end vehicles do get leased more often, yes, but I think the buyers themselves are different along with the dealers. Even Betty & Joe with a cloth top LeSabre aren't going to go buy a 545i and ask for a topper.

That reminds me, I have a client still looking for a professional pin-striper...a rare request anymore, and that isn't seen often.

but why do they put that stuff on Lincolns and Cadillacs but (mostly) Not Benz and BMW?

I think it is partially an educational thing. Most baby boomers who graduated highschool went to work for a company and retired out seems to like the fake convertible tops and cushy floaty ride. This in comparison to the baby boomers who went to college, backpacked Europe and decided early on in comparison to the rest of the US, that they wanted a real driving machine. I say the rest of the US is finally catching up. :P

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I think it is partially an educational thing. Most baby boomers who graduated highschool went to work for a company and retired out seems to like the fake convertible tops and cushy floaty ride. This in comparison to the baby boomers who went to college, backpacked Europe and decided early on in comparison to the rest of the US, that they wanted a real driving machine. I say the rest of the US is finally catching up. :P

Excellent observation, and very true demographically.

That said, regarding my Regal, I was in Delaware twice today and the second time to register it. Oogling eyes both in the inspection lane from the tech calling another over to see it, camera phone shots on the highway from a guy in a Jeep Patriot, and more later from 2 guys in a new 2013 MB GL550 suv.

I drove mostly in GS mode today, and enjoying more and more. 1450 miles so far, 750 of which are mine.

The attention this car gets at times due to the styling, GS touches and color are fun :thumbsup:

You know what? I never have seen a new Regal with a cloth top or other Vogue style mods. Ever. I'm glad, because I already have seen a decked out XTS, actually 2 different ones with stuff on them.

Edited by caddycruiser
  • Agree 1

"You know what? I never have seen a new Regal with a cloth top or other Vogue style mods. Ever. I'm glad, because I already have seen a decked out XTS, actually 2 different ones with stuff on them."

Well, ya know, you can be the first... :smilewide:

Edited by ocnblu

"You know what? I never have seen a new Regal with a cloth top or other Vogue style mods. Ever. I'm glad, because I already have seen a decked out XTS, actually 2 different ones with stuff on them."

You know I have it scheduled tomorrow.

Vogue 19" tires. Chrome stick on trim and trunk luggage rack.

NOT.

• Agree 2

You know I have it scheduled tomorrow.

Vogue 19" tires. Chrome stick on trim and trunk luggage rack.

NOT.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• 1 month later...

Santa's GS sleigh headed back again to southern Delaware for Christmas. I haven't had it washed or cleaned in well over a month, and between the rain and Brembo brown & black thick dust caked on wheels, it needed it badly.

Washed and headed back north again last night. GS remains comfy, quick, drum solid and a pleasure to drive. I like the turbo more and more, and its sound/surge of power. For a sport suspension, 19" wheel'd car, it rides better than some soft luxury cars I've been in but handles incredibly. Good work, Opel.

Nearing 3 months in a few days, and just crossed 2500 miles. Guess I should be okay for the 10k yearly lease, as for now I still only drive it on weekends and trips home.

Filling up in the cold dark last night:

IMG_6590.jpg

IMG_1784.jpg

Finally saw another on the road Monday night as well, a black GS with the 20's. Cool.

Edited by caddycruiser

• 2 months later...

The GS lives on, I think now almost 6 months.

Well, 6 months and only about 3100 miles. I scraped underneath the front bumper lip again on a curb gently, otherwise fine.

Next to it's some days Dart neighbor:

IMG_7810_zpse0787b25.jpg

IMG_2152_zps30dd2005.jpg

IMG_9356_zps77932f31.jpg

Out & about:

IMG_5354_zpsb8969429.jpg

IMG_1371_zps858d8060.jpg

IMG_7104_zps4a190d3f.jpg

IMG_4895_zps7b6f8a2a.jpg

Oil life still 80%. I usually have one done earlier, and it has been almost 6 months, but thinking just go to 5,000 as directed and then do so instead of waste. I tell my Acura customers everyday just to use the Oil Life Indicator anyway.

And peel the dealer sticker off the back, just has a few too many things back there the more I look at it.

Only wish it had Intellilink/voice control mixed with the Nav (very nice in mom's new Terrain) and that the Brembo's that are beasts didn't spew so much brown & black thick dust after even a short drive.

Otherwise...vroom...more people need to buy these. I hate the reviews not understanding the GS, GS price or otherwise vs. apparent competitors.

30000 more miles to use. Where to go, where to go... :scratchchin:

At your rate of driving, I think you need to do a major road trip, the whole east coast, then from Alantic to Pacific on the southern route then up the Pacific Coast and back across I90 or Canada Highway 1. That should be a nice trip. :D

At your rate of driving, I think you need to do a major road trip, the whole east coast, then from Alantic to Pacific on the southern route then up the Pacific Coast and back across I90 or Canada Highway 1. That should be a nice trip. :D

Beauty of a company car, that will be replaced again tomorrow. When you don't have daily use commute miles, they don't add up quickly.

Soon, thinking some kind of a road trip, and absolutely in the GS.

The Regal is one of my favorite cars, GM or otherwise. I've always done the first oil change at 1,000 to 2,000 miles for the break-in period in case there's any crud in there from the manufacturing process, but some people say that's not necessary anymore.

• 2 months later...

Over 9 months in now...and just crossed 4,000 miles last weekend. I didn't realize how much I wasn't driving until looking at the odometer.

Started to wonder if I should change the oil based on age and not miles, as the car was built a year ago, I got it October 1st and at 4k miles, the Oil Life still says 72%. Dealer told me 5,000 miles is what they do when I got it, so may stick to that.

Otherwise, all good. Perfect. Nothing new, nothing wrong, no issues. Drives like a beast. Took it on a late night cruise last night and still just like day one. Except when I let it sit for weeks on end, the Goodyear Eagle's flat spot a bit and you feel it a little. I don't get the best mileage, but with the power the turbo has and the fun of the turbo surge being so smooth, big deal.

Washed last week:

Image00001_zpsd5c59d1d.jpg

Image00002_zpsc7ccd620.jpg

Image00003_zps52f95cab.jpg

And downtown Philly in a dirt lot:

Image00004_zpsce8ee243.jpg

Only complaints remain those Brembo brakes that blow thick brown goo after even a couple light stops, and that it doesn't have Intellilink to give me voice control over the Infotainment like a 2013. Oh well. If the brakes annoy, I can always get them swapped, but they stop so well why bother.

Vroom.

• Agree 1

Agree with Drew, Synthetic does not have the issues like traditional oil. So no need to change it when you have not used the life of it yet.

In regards to the Brembo Brakes, I know what you mean as my Trailblazer SS with the brembo's spit out tones of Brown goo dust to cover the rims till I changed out the pads on my first brake job. Went with a Hybrid pad from Napa and wow, quite, fast stopping and very little dust. I am so much happier.

Find out what other pads are available as you can probably get one that does not dirty up the rims.

Yes, apparently as mentioned before Buick/GM offer a replacement pad for the Brembo's as a TSB for complaints of noise and dust, but I still debated. Will see what the dealer thinks at first oil swap.

My only concern with oil was based on yearly age, and the fact I don't drive it often at all. I.E., was there a time limit too.

• 4 months later...

It's been over a year, actually since October 1st to be exact since the Buick has been around.

I paid to have it detailed for the winter yesterday while I was at work. Looking good and shiny again, thankfully.

6,190 miles as of today. I had the oil changed and tires rotated at 4,990 miles while I was in Delaware back in August.

Only issue to report is a vibration in the steering wheel. I've had the tires balances twice now, the 2nd time most recently actually did make the car ride smoother but the steering column/wheel still vibrates on the highway...sort of. It's weird. I think because the car is not driven more than once a week, it's making flat spots...or something...on the Goodyears.

Oh well. It's still fun. And the turbo is a BEAST. I drove a 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0T AWD to see what I'd think and I love the Cadillac interior in that car, plus the lightweight RWD feel, but my GS 2.0T still sounds and feels more beastly. It's a fun car.

Fall shots.

IMG_8126_zps1abeb6f3.jpg

IMG_2281_zps1f0f80ba.jpg

IMG_1889_zps9417435b.jpg

IMG_1791_zpsb3b2c841.jpg

IMG_6683_zps4369dc31.jpg

IMG_2808_zps382150af.jpg

Brrr. It's getting cold out again...

• Agree 1

• 8 months later...

And then...

It was no more. I already miss driving and looking at this car, but life happens (as usual) and in March after buying a house in Philadelphia, I started to realize I had too many things going on and logistics and expenses of 2 cars, one of which I ended up renting an extra parking space for and was paying monthly for a car that in almost 2 years had 8k miles.

The GS is missed, and thanks to Carmax got a new home. I sold it in mid to late June to them to payoff the lease, and they listed it a week or so ago, looks like it's in Lancaster now.

http://www.carmax.com/enus/view-car/default.html?id=10691787&AVi=0&No=0&Rp=R&D=90&zip=19406&N=4294962807+4294962692+4294961214&Q=69d581b0-cafe-40fc-8369-a84992e88cb2&Ep=search:results:results%20page

Back to random daily demo's of Acura's and other cars we have to drive...never the same car daily, which is okay for me, and no cost other than gas.

Sorry to see such a beauty go, but I do understand the reasoning. Good-luck, we look forward to what ends up in your coral in the future.

Sorry to see such a beauty go, but I do understand the reasoning. Good-luck, we look forward to what ends up in your coral in the future.

And I do not mean to sound like a jerk but...I hope you own something other than an Acura.  The Acuras really do not impress me.  Fine cars, just not my personal preference.

Boo... do not like.

Pretty much this!

• 1 month later...

And I do not mean to sound like a jerk but...I hope you own something other than an Acura.  The Acuras really do not impress me.  Fine cars, just not my personal preference.

Boo... do not like.

Pretty much this!

No worries, I appreciate great cars...and whether that be Acura, or otherwise, there are great cars and questionable ones.

I have zero need to own any vehicle or the expense given my job...though the Regal was nice enough to make me edit that and get one anyway. 8500 miles 18 months later, it showed and started to become a logistics issue I had no reason paying for. Too bad the resale didn't help me much, but halfway through a lease is always tough.

Would buy another, for sure. In the meantime...highly enjoying my rev happy and comfortable Acura's. Next up, a TLX perchance...lots of different things at the moment, none of which I have to insure, buy extra parking for, etc :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Methinks some day I need to road trip and drop in for a random test drive...

You definitely should...it has happened before. ocnblu visited me at my previous non-sales-non-cars job and drove my G8 GT :thumbsup: