Sign in to follow this  

Cheers and Gears Weekly Update 10/05/2012

Latest Articles

Alternative Energy, what is the logical next step for America Part III.

Uploaded by dfelt on 03 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

G. David Felt

Staff Writer Alternative Energy - CheersandGears.com

September 25, 2012

Alternative Energy, what is the logical next step for America Part III?

Join me as I write about the various forms of alternative energy and how I see them stacking up in today’s market place.

Hydro, Geothermal and Wind

While excellent in being renewable energy for use by homes and businesses, Hydro, Geothermal and Wind lack the ability to drive an auto by itself. When combined with alternative forms of creating energy, these three renewable forms of energy can truly make a difference.

Hydropower...

Rumorpile: Did Audi Kill The quattro Concept For A Crossover?

Uploaded by mudmonster on 03 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

William Maley

Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

October 4, 2012

A new report from British automotive magazine, Car says that Audi has killed off a program to bring a production model of the quattro concept shown at the 2010 Paris Motor Show. Instead, sources tell the magazine that company is taking the idea of the quattro concept and implementing it into a crossover.

This crossover will be following in the footsteps of the Range Rover Evoque or Audi's Stepenwolf concept, having a rakish and sporting look. There is also talk of the vehicle having the same short wheelbase and wide wheel fen...

Volkswagen Announces Pricing For 2013 Jetta Hybrid and Shows The New Beetle Convertible

Uploaded by mudmonster on 03 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

William Maley

October 3, 2012

Volkswagen made some big announcements today concerning a new model that will be premiering at the 2012 Los Angeles Auto Show and pricing for another model.

We'll start with the new model first.

Volkswagen revealed the new Beetle convertible a month ahead of its official unveiling at the L.A. Auto Show. The soft-top has a similar roofline to the normal Beetle when its up. Want to put the top down, it will only take about ten seconds. Also, Volkswagen engineered a system that will pop two computer-actuated bars behind the re...

2012 Nissan cube 1.8S Indigo Special Edition

Uploaded by mudmonster on 03 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

William Maley

October 4, 2012

“And Now For Something Completely Different.”

Besides being the title for Monty Python’s first film, it was my first thought as a 2012 Nissan cube rolled up into my driveway. Unlike most of the vehicles I had in for testing, the cube was very different. It looked like it had made the leap from an anime cartoon into the real world. As I was signing the form and getting the key to the cube, I wondered if such a clearly Japanese market focused car belongs in North America, the land of V8s and where every other...

Toyota Revises Their Powertrain Plans

Uploaded by mudmonster on 02 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

William Maley

October 3, 2012

Besides hybrid powertrains, Toyota's powertrain line has been lacking some key features that competitors are now offering. Those features include direct-injection, Continuously Variable Transmissions (CVT), and turbochargers to balance performance and fuel economy.

According to Autoweek, Toyota will be adding those features to their lineup over the next few weeks. At the moment, Toyota employs direct-injection in the Scion FR-S, Lexus GS, and LS: But in the next two years, Toyota will introduce two new engines,2.5L Atkinson c...

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook