jlgolden

I Bought a Mercury Mariner

After purchasing my 2004 Grand Prix, I became more active on the Cheersandgears site, back in 2003. I enjoyed that car very much, putting over 88,000 miles on it in just 2 1/2 years.

-

I've worked for a Ford-Mercury dealer for YEARS, but mainly driven other brands...Toyota, Olds, Nissan, Pontiac. Hey, I'm a car nut in general...I'm a fan of every car out there! My last Ford was a 1998 Ranger I bought during my last semester at Texas A&M University.

-

I finally got back into a Ford product this week...a new Mercury Mariner Premier, basically the bling-bling up-level Ford Escape. Red metallic, black leather, Audiophile sound system. A sweet, classy little SUV that meets my needs...and really turns heads! Our employee pricing and rebates were too good to pass up this time.

-

I will miss the GP...I made alot of memories in that car, driving to Florida, Mexico, and all over Houston, Dallas, Austin, and the many highways & back roads in between. But the Mariner will serve me well too, and I'll rack-up miles quickly with it as well.

-

I'll remain involved here on this site, as I'm always intersted in product discussion, industry news, and people.

Edited by jlgolden

Congrats on the purchase! The Escape/Mariner are still among the most atractive little SUVs out there. Please do post pics when you get a chance.

Posted Image

This new Escape up's the ante of bling bling for any new Mariner in the future.... lol, very very cute... now, Mercury, out-cute that, pronto! Shouldn't be too hard, that chrome front fascia is annoying, paint it and stick on that polished alluminem bar across the front under the grill.

I'm happy you didn't buy a Fit. :AH-HA_wink:

I like the Mariner, and it sounds like you got yourself a nice one. Good luck with it!

Posted Image

This new Escape up's the ante of bling bling for any new Mariner in the future.... lol, very very cute... now, Mercury, out-cute that, pronto! Shouldn't be too hard, that chrome front fascia is annoying, paint it and stick on that polished alluminem bar across the front under the grill.

I like the revised front end. It looks a lot more masculine and less wussy than the current Escape. Of course, it would help if Ford revised the sides, too.

Congrats...even 6 years into the model line, the Escape/Mariner/Tribute triplets are among the best little ute's out there, and beat the piss out of things like the Equinox and Torrent in several ways.

Hope you enjoy it, and make it to 100k miles without a problem :AH-HA_wink:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook