GMC Terrain

Traction control is a hindrance in a lot of situations.

Now you can shut this deal down when you need it off that is not an issue.

Also there is a button on the side of the shifter to choose what ever gear I want in a manual mode. It is not there for performance driving.

Note they just built the1 millionth Nox/Terrain 2010. I feel many do not really understand how well this vehicle is selling.

Also there is a button on the side of the shifter to choose what ever gear I want in a manual mode. It is not there for performance driving.

Note they just built the1 millionth Nox/Terrain 2010. I feel many do not really understand how well this vehicle is selling.

Very Cool to hear they built the millionth unit. I assume you meant 2012?

No as they are counting from the model year they started this design.

Hell they don't even make a million Camrys a year. The only thing sold in those numbers are trucks and they have to count all sizes and shapes to make that.

Either way that is a good number for any car in 3 years and a very good number in this segment. I know it is greater than GM ever expected. THis only puts more presusre on the new Delta II based model that is coming.

Edited by hyperv6

No as they are counting from the model year they started this design.

Hell they don't even make a million Camrys a year. The only thing sold in those numbers are trucks and they have to count all sizes and shapes to make that.

Either way that is a good number for any car in 3 years and a very good number in this segment. I know it is greater than GM ever expected. THis only puts more presusre on the new Delta II based model that is coming.

Cool Got it, I was thinking starting from the begining to current 2012, but I now understand you meant starting from the 2010 to current. Very cool that in 3 years they have built that many. Very Cool Indeed! :D

I was just shocked they sold 90,000 Terrains last year. That is a hell of a lot of GMC's for not being a pick up truck.

I was just shocked they sold 90,000 Terrains last year. That is a hell of a lot of GMC's for not being a pick up truck.

When you compare all you get for the money, GMC is smart in putting together a pretty much complete base package for a competative price.

The Body Style is a Hate it / LOVE IT! :P Relationship and I think it does click with many people. It tends to stand out more than the run of the mill CUV Jelly Beans on the roads today.

Put all competative CUV's in this catagory side by side and the Terrain will stand out loud and proud! :D

So maybe we should post the photo's so everyone can compare and decide themselves.

Terrain

Equinox

Encore

CRV

RAV4

Compass

Escape

Journey

CX5

Sportage

Tucson

Without adding European or other country models, did I miss anyone in this egg shape / Jelly Bean Shape CUV entry level group?

I'm not sure what we are defining as "entry level". At $23.7k for a base base base Equinox and over $40k for a loaded Terrain, a lot of things start to fall into that range.

Rogue/Murano

Escape is a bit on the small side now, but you might also include Edge as it is also in the price range

Sorento

Santa Fe

Pilot

Highlander

Patriot/Liberty/Grand Cherokee

Having driven nearly all of these and knowing what the Terrain/'Nox price for the way I'd want them equipped, I'd head straight for the Jeep dealer and order a Grand Cherokee without looking back.

I'm not sure what we are defining as "entry level". At $23.7k for a base base base Equinox and over $40k for a loaded Terrain, a lot of things start to fall into that range.

Rogue/Murano

Escape is a bit on the small side now, but you might also include Edge as it is also in the price range

Sorento

Santa Fe

Pilot

Highlander

Having driven nearly all of these and knowing what the Terrain/'Nox price for the way I'd want them equipped, I'd head straight for the Jeep dealer and order a Grand Cherokee without looking back.

But when you look at the Base Terrain, FWD, Backup Camera, etc. I think they give you a much better starting point than most, or did I totally miss something?

Rogue/Murano

Sorento

Santa Fe

Pilot

Highlander

But when you look at the Base Terrain, FWD, Backup Camera, etc. I think they give you a much better starting point than most, or did I totally miss something?

Base Terrain is $25.8k

Rogue/Murano

Sorento

Santa Fe

Pilot

Highlander

Base Terrain is $25.8k

OK, so my own vision is off as I consider that a base level vehicle compared to buying a 50K car or 75K car. :P

Nice to see that we made the top ten.

I know to this point Zero defects or issues. What more could you ask for. Note I am picky and will even visit if there is a TSB on my system at work. Often I am the one that lets the dealer know there is a TSB.

http://news.consumerreports.org/cars/2012/11/top-10-most-reliable-american-cars.html