NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

1984 Cadillac Full Line Promo video

I'd be happy w/ the Eldorado convertible, Coupe de Ville and Fleetwood Brougham sedan.

Eldorado Biarritz coupe is the one to have. They were reaching with the Cimarron. They were also trying a little too hard with the white lettered tires on the Eldorado Touring Coupe.

I love it all, it is Caddy History, while not their best, it would still be fun to have them. :P

I do like that Eldorado Touring Coupe, but I'd want it with meaty blackwalls and a 368/425/472/500 cid Cadillac V8.

I do like that Eldorado Touring Coupe, but I'd want it with meaty blackwalls and a 368/425/472/500 cid Cadillac V8.

That generation of Eldorado already had balance issues (as does my Toronado) and you want to put a 500 CID V8 under the hood?!

Yup. Those FWD E-Bodies were nose-heavy cars from the git-go back in '66, with the engine sitting out in front of the transaxle.

Edited by ocnblu

This time period 82-85 always pained me growing up as a kid that was fascinated in cars. It was always puzzling why a more expensive, larger Cadillac Deville/Fleetwood had a smaller less powerful V8 engine than all the other full sizers such as the Caprice, Delta/98, LeSabre/park Ave etc. Why Cadillac didn't just use the Olds 307 but with it's DFI system in place of the carburetor like they did in the 75-79 Seville with the Olds 350. That change alone on the full size C-body and E-body cars for this time period would have drastically changed Cadillac's reputation compared to the terrible under powered HT4100 mess.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook