Sign in to follow this  
04monteintimidator

Plymouth Fury

well with the recent large amount of "what if" posts... i figured id give the mopar fans something to be sad about as well... :P

Posted Image

EDIT: added details... wheels door handles

Posted Image

Christine:

Posted Image

complete with grill "V" :P

yes its an LX body...

Edited by 04monteintimidator

well i did use the roofline from a charger... and it has the general dimensions of one since i used a pic of a charger as general reference for proportions...

it is lower and the greenhouse is shorter than a chargers... but i see what your saying...

I would be scared stiff if one of those loomed in my rear view mirror with red and blue flashing lights on top.

Looks a lot like a 1961 Plymouth! :D:yes:

eh... no offense to plymouth fans but if DCX was to bring an extinct brand back... id want to see AMC make a comeback... they could build a AMX on the Viper platform but price it closer to the vette seeing as the AMX was designed to compete with the vette... make a javelin body mates with the challenger... then a rambler on the 4 door LX platform with the 300 and Charger, and if we MUST have a hatchback i guess they can make a pacer... but id sleep better without one...

obviously it wouldnt be full line... but with the AMX as a halo and the Javelin and Rambler as mainstream cars it could be profitable...

pretty cool...I'd like to see it finished with wheels and minor details...like door handles etc...also maybe base it on a 1958 Plymouth as a new Christine 8)

nice sketch, all of you all are so good at skecthin.

alright ill get one up with wheels and door handles and the like sometime tomorrow...

the '58 maybe tuesday? i dunno no gaurantees but ill work on it

EDIT: also... due to some recent inspiration... look for the "rebirth" of a car company in a thread sometime in the near future... ive been so bored and uninspired for a while... ill be playing with mopar for quite a bit... haha

Edited by 04monteintimidator

perhaps you could infuse the '58's tailfins into the design but obviously not as big....using the Chargers rear up kick as the basis for a subtle tailfin.....that could make or break the design, but it is a fine line to walk....I'm curious to see what you come up with

added wheels and doorhandles... update in first post

wow....I like it....I would fear that thing if I saw one in my rear view mirror with a light bar on top....

I'm excited to see what you can do with one based on a 58....and don't forget the grille "V" :P

well i had less to do for school than i thought.... so christine is done... check the first post

bravo!!!!

dude that is sweet...I wasn;t expecting to see the sportone trim on the sides and the kick up in the rear with "Fury" on it....excellent job and a great interpitation of a classic....just one thought, maybe have the headlights recessed a bit under a "eyebrow"

other than that I can't find anything I don't like about it.....would make for a great comeback car for Plymouth....stuff the 6.1 liter in there and call it a day 8)

Oh, I hope you don't mind if I take Christine and color her in? I'm just using paint, so it won't be anything special

a few things... first... headlights recessed as per delta's request:

Posted Image

second Christine was a Fury, go read the book, when asked later why there are so many inconsistencies with an actual 1958 Fury (the color, amount of doors etc) King said that he had written the middle part of the book first, then the beginning and end... he liked the name Plymouth Fury because of the word Fury...

also... delta yes go right ahead and color her if you wish... and amrev... sure you can take a shot at a fury

Christine was a "special order"

but for the film, Belvederes were used as they were more plentiful.....a true Fury will have gold sportone and gold grill with a silver V.....Belvedere's were the other way around....

Fury's only came in Buckskin Beige

04: I am coloring her as Christine, and the only thing I may edit is taking the name Fury off the sportone trim as per the movie....I am however touching up some lines that are either uneven or blurred...I should have the finished paiting up sometime tonight or tomorrow, and I already began on the first christine you post, however I do like the changes you made

I would buy one

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook