Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

1992 GMC Sierra SLE - $2500 (Lansdale, PA)

Link: craigslist

1992 GMC Sierra SLE

V8, Automatic, 4x4, 191K Miles

PA Inspected until May 2013

Power Windows, Locks, Cruise control, Bed cover, and Alloy Wheels

Runs and drives very well. Very clean also.

Good priced 4x4 ready for the winter.

Call 215-694-95-93

3G43K73Fe5L25Ga5K9canbcf0e865d1c8108a.jpg

Very, very tempting - that's one of my top two-tone color combinations, and the fact it has the blue cloth interior tops it off. The mileage though... 191k. Any info about the durability of this year's engine and trans?

Camino... the service parts label (with RPO codes), where can that be found? I assumed the glovebox door, but the seller emailed me back this morning and said no such sticker in that location. By the way, I Googled the phone # yesterday and found that this is a used car dealer in Lansdale. I was hoping to go see it on Sunday, but knowing they'll be closed killed that plan. I'm thinking that Lansdale is not that far from where you live, correct? You available Saturday to check this out for me? I'm seriously considering this one.

Link: craigslist

1992 GMC Sierra SLE

V8, Automatic, 4x4, 191K Miles

PA Inspected until May 2013

Power Windows, Locks, Cruise control, Bed cover, and Alloy Wheels

Runs and drives very well. Very clean also.

Good priced 4x4 ready for the winter.

Call 215-694-95-93

3G43K73Fe5L25Ga5K9canbcf0e865d1c8108a.jpg

Very, very tempting - that's one of my top two-tone color combinations, and the fact it has the blue cloth interior tops it off. The mileage though... 191k. Any info about the durability of this year's engine and trans?

Rock On:metal: The engine trans is really solid, I have it in my old suburban before I decided to rebuild and go performance I got over 300K and probably could have gone another 300K but was wanting to have some fun with customizing.

Label is on bottom of glove box, not on the glovebox door.

Correct, my label is there on the bottom of the glove box, just have to remove what ever is in there to see it.

Camino - thanks, understood, and PM sent.

ocnblu and dfelt - thanks for the info too.

I've always been a big fan of the '92-'93 Sierras (I was 17-18 y-o at the time these were "new" and desparately wanted one). When I lived in Bordentown (NJ) 8 years ago, there was a nearby house with a two-tone Dark Blue and Light Blue '91-'93 regular cab long bed Sierra SLE 1500 4WD that I kept my eyes on for a "sale" sign - no dice (and it apparently was sold about 2 years after I moved, as a Dodge Dakota took it's spot).

This one appears to be in very nice condition from the pictures. I see that a lot of the badging has been removed, I'm wondering if it was ever repainted? I emailed the seller back telling him where to look for the RPO label and asked if he had any history on this truck to pass along.

Right now I'm trying to figure out cash arrangements and rearranging my schedule in the AM to go see this truck (the rainy weather now being forecasted for the day may allow me to alter my previously made plans).

Camino - thanks, understood, and PM sent.

ocnblu and dfelt - thanks for the info too.

I've always been a big fan of the '92-'93 Sierras (I was 17-18 y-o at the time these were "new" and desparately wanted one). When I lived in Bordentown (NJ) 8 years ago, there was a nearby house with a two-tone Dark Blue and Light Blue '91-'93 regular cab long bed Sierra SLE 1500 4WD that I kept my eyes on for a "sale" sign - no dice (and it apparently was sold about 2 years after I moved, as a Dodge Dakota took it's spot).

This one appears to be in very nice condition from the pictures. I see that a lot of the badging has been removed, I'm wondering if it was ever repainted? I emailed the seller back telling him where to look for the RPO label and asked if he had any history on this truck to pass along.

Right now I'm trying to figure out cash arrangements and rearranging my schedule in the AM to go see this truck (the rainy weather now being forecasted for the day may allow me to alter my previously made plans).

I would have to say in looking again at the photo's that I do not think this truck has been repainted and all the badges are in place. The 2500 is on the rubber bumper strip at the front of the door and the SLE badge is in place Lower Right Corner of the rear window as well as from what I can see. The interior matches what I have on my 94 bought in 93 Suburban SLE. Very roomy, comfy ride.

Look forward to hearing about it and what the condition of the engine bay is and underneath knowing that the road salts can rust an auto out, yet this looks very clean.

This picture appears to show the door handle in silver; I know that these were matte black from the factory (could have been an owner modification):

3Ke3Md3Jb5I95Ea5H3can7232802a4f79166d.jpg

This picture shows me a few things - (1) missing 4x4 or Z71 decal on rear quarter, (2) missing badging on tailgate, (3) silver painted door and tailgate handles:

3Kc3J53H55Ne5Gf5M4can615e7e63338d1b22.jpg

All in all it's not a deal breaker though. I'm still excited to go see this in person and see where the road goes from there [pun intended :lol: ].

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

This picture appears to show the door handle in silver; I know that these were matte black from the factory (could have been an owner modification):

3Ke3Md3Jb5I95Ea5H3can7232802a4f79166d.jpg

This picture shows me a few things - (1) missing 4x4 or Z71 decal on rear quarter, (2) missing badging on tailgate, (3) silver painted door and tailgate handles:

3Kc3J53H55Ne5Gf5M4can615e7e63338d1b22.jpg

All in all it's not a deal breaker though. I'm still excited to go see this in person and see where the road goes from there [pun intended :lol: ].

In searching around Seattle here and I admit I could have overlooked it or just not Binging it or googling it right, but was a two tone like this OEM? I am wondering if the owner had the strip painted on.

Wheels are later than '92 - but most have been updated to this style.

Probably a repaint, but that's not a bad thing as the factory clearcoat tends to peel. As for the stickers, I've peeled them from every new GM truck I've ever had within hours of purchase - they look so cheap.

Wheels are later than '92 - but most have been updated to this style.

Probably a repaint, but that's not a bad thing as the factory clearcoat tends to peel. As for the stickers, I've peeled them from every new GM truck I've ever had within hours of purchase - they look so cheap.

Do you know if the Two Tone was an OEM paint option?

Definitely a repaint that did not include removing the door handles. From here it looks as though the vinyl paint break stripes were not reinstalled, but the photos are not close-up. Blue and silver were prone to peeling back then, a paint manufacturer issue that went across the industry.

I'm sure the rims are factory upgraded rims for '92 - here's a picture from the '92 Sierra brochure:

1992-gmc-sierra-1500-2-dr-c1500-sle-standard-cab-lb-pic-41022.jpeg

I know that at some point, maybe '95, the center caps were changed to cover the lug nuts (rather than exposing them).

Depending on the weather, I may or may not get out to Lansdale to check this out. There are several other family plans in place for tomorrow, some of them dependent on it being nice weather. Dealer is open 9a-12p, so if I'm going it will have to be early (and I'm probably 45-60 minutes away from there).

I'm sure the rims are factory upgraded rims for '92 - here's a picture from the '92 Sierra brochure:

1992-gmc-sierra-1500-2-dr-c1500-sle-standard-cab-lb-pic-41022.jpeg

I know that at some point, maybe '95, the center caps were changed to cover the lug nuts (rather than exposing them).

Depending on the weather, I may or may not get out to Lansdale to check this out. There are several other family plans in place for tomorrow, some of them dependent on it being nice weather. Dealer is open 9a-12p, so if I'm going it will have to be early (and I'm probably 45-60 minutes away from there).

That truck is just freakin hot! :D Another reason why I hold onto my Suburban. It just rocks.

Here's another Sierra with that factory two-tone option:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/332523/1992-gmc-sierra-1500-regular-cab#3325230001

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/332523/1992-gmc-sierra-1500-regular-cab#3325230002

I really love this color combination.

I'm worried that the bottom (underneath) of the '92 I'm going to see is rusted.

Becoming a little apprehensive about this '92 GMC. I've twice emailed the seller asking for a picture of the RPO Codes label and history on the truck, including if it was repainted. He has inored the history questions in his reply, states that the truck (mind you, it's almost 21 years old) has "no rust", won't respond if it was repainted, and finally stated that there is no RPO Codes sticker in the glovebox. The name of the dealership is Saldutti Vehicle Remarketing... the "remarketing" part has me concerned. Trying to decide if I want to make the hour long trip (toll roads needed, plus gas) since I'm second-guessing this truck.

I have been keeping an eye on these two other GMCs on Craigslist, as they have piqued my interest too:

1986 GMC Jimmy (full-size):

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/3321707843.html

5Nd5Fe5J93L83M73F6ca6d2432ae9324b1d20.jpg

1979 GMC Sierra Grande C-15:

http://reading.craigslist.org/cto/3365927513.html

3E73Fa3M75I55Ef5J4caqf2aaf5ce075316f7.jpg

While I like both neither are compelling me to "act now". I'm being patient as I want to make sure I find the "right" one :smilewide:

This is a really nice '97 Yukon GT, last of the two-door Yukons. Too bad it's way out of my price range:

http://philadelphia....3366190372.html

3Gc3M63Fe5Ib5Ka5M1caq2c296b02c3651281.jpg

Same with this '97 GMC Sierra, perfect but WAY out of my price range:

http://cnj.craigslis...3242800543.html

5If5X15Ja3L53Fc3ofc8v134317ac40ac1cb4.jpg

Of course this one is about $1,500 out of my price range but I'd love something like this:

http://delaware.crai...3309305916.html

5439_1.jpg

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

• 5 months later...