Sonic Dusk Sedan @ SEMA

ocnblu

Did you guys see the new production model Sonic Dusk sedan being shown at SEMA this year? Similar in color to the Camaro Dusk, it mimics the color, wheel design and interior color of the Camaro Dusk. The interior is a really nice black and Saddle leather combo. Very nice looking little car, imo.

But, I cannot figger out how to bring the photos over to post here. At least three photos can be found elsewhere on the internet.

YES SIR, that is it. However, that interior photo is different from the one I sawr over at another site. I do prefer the interior treatment posted over at the other site, in which the seats and dash were a more saddle tan color in the butt and back areas with lateral sew lines, with black bolsters and tan stitching on the black areas. It also had an all-black steering wheel and a manual shifter boot of black leather with tan stitching and a black knob.

Edited by ocnblu

While I have no interest in cars this small, I do have to give GM kudo's for making a nice looking external and internal that people can enjoy. I like this interior much better than my light tan interior on my caddy.

That's the photo I saw originally. I prefer the color layout in the photo directly above. It is more a real saddle color, and I like the increased use of black to break up the tan. I do like the line of stitching running across the dash and into the door trim panels, though, on the orange-y shot.

Edited by ocnblu

The pics dfelt posted are from last year's SEMA show when this was a concept.

Good to know as the place I found them on did not state it was the concept or sema version. But it also is good to compare and realize that they pretty much stayed true to the design language. :)

• Agree 1

Chevrolet-Sonic-Dusk-Concept.jpg

You talking about this bad ass boy?

Sweet lookin ride!

The car at SEMA has the black&tan seats, which, I hope, means the production model will match it.

That would be sharp...

Proof you can make silk out of a sows ear.

GM could turn the segment on its ear [no pun intended] if they were to produce and price this well in the segment. This is proof a economy car does not have to look like a rental.

...although I take minor (not serious) offense at calling this car a sows ear. It easily beats everything else in it's class, Fiesta included.

It's more proof that the New version of GM is up on its game...

Edited by A Horse With No Name

Please don't take it that way.

It is proof they can take an entry level car and make it look much more than a entry level car. As it is the Sonic is already nicer than most in class.

All I mean from my comment is they have taken a base model car and made it look so much better even yet. They have made ti not look cheap in any way.

• Agree 1

Please don't take it that way.

It is proof they can take an entry level car and make it look much more than a entry level car. As it is the Sonic is already nicer than most in class.

All I mean from my comment is they have taken a base model car and made it look so much better even yet. They have made ti not look cheap in any way.

Agreed...I think GM's latgest stuff is a work of art in the best possible sense, and thiks car just blows me away for an entry level car.

This is also a great example of how wheels can effect the look of a car in a positive way or negitive way.

This was very true on my 04 GP. We had the 5 spoke option wheels in chome vs the standard 10 spoke painted wheels. My wife and I were always getting stopped and asked about the car and they ll said the wheels were the stand out feature. I never though much of the 04 styling as did most people but the wheels made it much more acceptable in their eyes. In this case it improved the car. Now in other cases I have seen a great looking car suffer from poorly styles wheels.

Also the tutone interior here makes a car look much more expensive vs a single tone. These duel tone interirors are one of the greatest improvments they could hace done to any of there cars. My Terrain in the Brick and black looks very nice and my HHR in the black and red make a world of difference in the look of a very cheap interior.

Presentation of anything is key above all things.

This is also a great example of how wheels can effect the look of a car in a positive way or negitive way.

This was very true on my 04 GP. We had the 5 spoke option wheels in chome vs the standard 10 spoke painted wheels. My wife and I were always getting stopped and asked about the car and they ll said the wheels were the stand out feature. I never though much of the 04 styling as did most people but the wheels made it much more acceptable in their eyes. In this case it improved the car. Now in other cases I have seen a great looking car suffer from poorly styles wheels.

Also the tutone interior here makes a car look much more expensive vs a single tone. These duel tone interirors are one of the greatest improvments they could hace done to any of there cars. My Terrain in the Brick and black looks very nice and my HHR in the black and red make a world of difference in the look of a very cheap interior.

Presentation of anything is key above all things.

I agree, GM is proving that the OEM's need to pay attention to the input from the After market crowd and bring them to the dealers lot in OEM trim. This will go a long way in helping to increase sales and lower cost.

Many people love to buy a car that is a bit tweaked/customized like what you find at Sema without having to go out right after purchase and spend more money to do it.

After market rim makers should tie up with the OEM's and allow a wider selection of rims or at least get the OEM out of making their own bland rims. Have two or three rims for a product line and then have a selected vendor that can allow even more options.

Except for my ESV Platinum Escalade that I love the OEM rims, very clean and simple yet make a nice statement on my 2006 model, I have not been a fan of what GM has choosen for rims.

• 2 weeks later...

1993 called, they want their paint scheme back.

:lol:

What is that the Miami Dolphins Edition?

They could call it a car with a Porpoise.

No, it's the In Living Color special edition, even comes with the Wayan's signature on the dash :lol:

They reviewed it on a episode of "Men on Cars" On In Living Color. . Antwon Maryweather gave it two snaps and a swirl. :gay:

Edited by hyperv6