G&d Dammit!!! I let the top down!!!

Guest Josh

So, I'm guessing that there are no dry towels left in your house at this point.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bob, absolutely not. I was on the phone with my bud I said "oh f@#k!!" dropped the phone got the towels threw the top up and went to work.

Now it's abck to watching the Wings Play Off hockey

I'll claim warranty.

I bet you will, until the mechanics notice the high amount of water damage. Of course, how high was the water in it? Unless the controls were just saturated and sitting in water, they should be fine. Also, don't turn it on until it has all dried out COMPLETELY. Just like a cell phone, it only gets fried when a charge is applied. May want to disconnect the battery. Little late for that, though. Really, you could be fine...though I'm assuming you didn't turn it on...RIGHT?

Just shut up Croc. Its not Hurricane season in Detroit so we dont have to worry about 4ft floods.

Lets make a pact. You dont post in my threads, I wont propose banning you.

Deal or no deal?

Bummer about the car, but if you didn't get too much standing water it should be okay if you let it dry completely. A couple of hot dry days with the top down should help- just don't leave it out in the heat with the top up- you could get mold.

Is there something I'm missing here, re you and Croc?

Woah.. let's all calm down here and stay on topic. Forum-feuds never help anyone. Weither you're serious about it or not.

That totally sucks about your solstice. If it were me, I would never leave the top down on that baby (clear or cloudy) I wouldn't want to risk anything when I have a car that looked that hot.

I guess it's another life lesson.

Edited by Cadillacfan

Is there something I'm missing here, re you and Croc?

I have no idea, to be completely honest. I was just trying to be helpful.

I would definitely take Croc's advice. It's genuinely helpful.

Thank you for seeing it my way.

Just shut up Croc. Its not Hurricane season in Detroit so we dont have to worry about 4ft floods.

Lets make a pact. You dont post in my threads, I wont propose banning you.

Deal or no deal?

No deal. You do not have the power to ban me, you have no valid reason to propose banning me, and there is nothing in this thread to even provoke the kind of response you just gave. I think you are the one who needs to "just shut up."

Considering I can still ban you, it gives me the power to ban you. Unlike most people here, I don't feel the need to argue my points, especially when you are ruining my buzz.

I've left the top down on the Jeep about 5 times too many. . . most of the water would puddle up on the floor considering my luck would have it that it would rain in the middle of night but the best part of it all was that I only needed to pull the plugs and let it all drain out.

Until Earthquake season comes.  :lol:

There isn't so much of a "season" for it. You can't really predict when an EQ is gonna occur, and they even occur in the midwest with the New Madrid fault.

In fact, the Mississippi River is the result of an old, failed rift zone (where continental crust breaks apart into separate plates).

I actually feel safer EQ-wise in SoCal than I do back in the midwest since California has some of the strictest building codes in the world as a result of having EQs...if the New Madrid fault were to become more active, I really question how well St. Louis would hold up. I know L.A. can withstand up to an 8.0 without much issue...and likely up to a 8.5. Anything above that? Who knows. But those are so rare.

so your not woried that Cal. will break off into the ocean and float away like the crazy theories out there.

Yeah i didnt now that about the mississippi river tho. a few years ago in michigan we had an earthquake. I was in a mine that day and these warnings started going off and people were running to these little rooms. but it was so weak you could hardly feel it.

No, it is impossible for California to "break off" or "sink" into the ocean. Land is land, ocean is ocean. In a million or so years, parts of LA will be up by San Francisco, and in another 5 million years or so, the Pacific ocean will be closed and it will be one land mass from North America to Asia. When it reopens in another few million years, parts of "California" might get caught on the other side of the split...but those would be the parts that were islands that have just gotten stuck on the edge of the North American plate due to the subduction of the Pacific plate.

No, it is impossible for California to "break off" or "sink" into the ocean.  Land is land, ocean is ocean.  In a million or so years, parts of LA will be up by San Francisco, and in another 5 million years or so, the Pacific ocean will be closed and it will be one land mass from North America to Asia.  When it reopens in another few million years, parts of "California" might get caught on the other side of the split...but those would be the parts that were islands that have just gotten stuck on the edge of the North American plate due to the subduction of the Pacific plate.

woo

What he said. The two plates at California push agains each other, not pull away from each other. If anything southern California will be northern California in a few million years.

Actually, they mostly slide past each other since SoCal is almost entirely composed of right-lateral strike-slip faults, with the odd thrust and blind thrust fault thrown in.

I took Geology 101 too, but all of the good points have already been made. One thing I did learn from that class, if I ever try to name all 50 states, I'll forget about New Jersey.

A couple of years ago I went out to eat with some friends and left the Sebring out with the top down. It started raining, I went out and put the top up. Live and learn, not much you can do about the weather or weather events that have already happened.

I took Geology 101 too, but all of the good points have already been made.

Yea, I took Geology 108 and now I'm in Geology 240Lxg. Easiest way to knock out the two science GE requirements...

That's because the sky owes us for all the rain it dumped on us last month.

I know!! But at least this year when the Ferrari crashed in Malibu, it wasn't because a house landed on it. Edited by Croc

Man...I'm still pissed I didn't know about that earlier...It crashed not too far from me, and had I known, I would dashed over to the scene to take pics/parts... :P

Btw, thanks for the Geology recommendations...I'll have to look into those. You think several million years is all it would take though? I was thinking it would be a longer process...like tens of hundreds of millions of years...

Edit: here's an interesting tidbit I just found...

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap001002.html

Edited by Nick

So...about flooding out cars...

ok, flooding cars......when i was in the dorm back in college, me and a buddy were walking back into the dorms (wasted) from the parking lot and saw this other guy's car we knew (SHELDON) who had his windows open a bit. It turned out that there happened to be some showers break out (golden showers that is) and the inside of his car got all 'wet'.

I'm not sure if it got 'flooded' but i would assume it was 'damaged' nonetheless.

Edited by regfootball

So...about flooding out cars...

My 2000 mc LS got flooded in early 2003.

A couple months later, I bought my current daily driver 1987 MC LS, which, unlike the '00 mc LS, has ALWAYS started...even in winter ;).

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

CD Showcase.8p-11p central.04/28/06, www.wrmn1410.com

"If you'll hand me my crayons, I'll be glad to take your name" ... John Conlee ... 'I Don't Remember Loving You'