Ever feel bad for a car?

What I'm interested in is taking pics of old trucks, mainly GM but any other makes that interest me too.  Plus if I find some trim parts (emblems, hubcaps, etc) it wouldn't hurt.  TIA!

I know where there's a '35 Chevy truck and a Hudson pickup are sitting.

You're welcome to come over & take pics of my '40 Ford COE, too.

There is a junkyard near my house with a Forest Green 1970 Chevelle SS 454. It is missing the 454 but the paint inc. the white rally stripes and body are good. It has a little amount of rust and it is also missing the radio (there is a new one to be put in) and the A/C doesn't work. It also needs a transmission. It still has a vinyl top with one rip in it but it is minor. It even has the original rims. No rips in the seats, new exhaust, and many new parts. They weren't installed but they were there. It was in good shape because the guy was in the process of restoring it to original spec but he died and had no family to give it to. The owner of the junkyard said he might finish restoring it, but he may leave it to someone else. He is a blueoval guy so he goes after the Mustangs.

Is this car for sale?

I love wandering around junkyards. I could spend a whole spring Saturday wandering around, becoming transfixed by all the memories invented on the spot as each new car is encountered.

I love wandering around junkyards.  I could spend a whole spring Saturday wandering around, becoming transfixed by all the memories invented on the spot as each new car is encountered.

I know what you mean! The only downside is when you find a car that shouldn't be there, that looks like it should have a home in someone's garage, not cast aside and left for scrap :(

Camino LS6- This car might be put up for sale. It is in Canada, though. It has to be inspected first. The owner of the junkyard felt there was something really wrong with the frame. The guy before got it from a junkyard and it was never inspected. He says if the car goes up for sale, it will be about $8000 obo in Canadian dollars. The car was getting inspected today and I am going to see what happens. Sadly if the frame is damaged the car may be crushed. Parts will be scrapped first if it does. It looked like there was a porblem with the floorpan or support beams or something. I will get back to you on that tomorrow.

Camino LS6- This car might be put up for sale. It is in Canada, though. It has to be inspected first. The owner of the junkyard felt there was something really wrong with the frame. The guy before got it from a junkyard and it was never inspected. He says if the car goes up for sale, it will be about $8000 obo in Canadian dollars. The car was getting inspected today and I am going to see what happens. Sadly if the frame is damaged the car may be crushed. Parts will be scrapped first if it does. It looked like there was a porblem with the floorpan or support beams or something. I will get back to you on that tomorrow.

I hope not... :(

Thanks, I'd really like to know. C&G project car anyone? 8)

If I had more money and knew more about cars (I know some stuff, but not enough for this), I'd work on our 1970 Plymouth `Cuda. As you guys all knows, those cars are very rare.

'Cuda?!

You have a '70 'Cuda?

Woohoo! Another C&G project car! :CG_all:

Free beer?

Ill grab my tool box Frame bender and some penthouse and be there by tomarrow. Is my old B-Bod welcome WMJ? And should i bring my torches and buy a MIG and TIG welder?

'Cuda?!

You have a '70 'Cuda?

Woohoo! Another C&G project car! :CG_all:

Yep, it's got a 340 I think. At one point it had a hemi, but it was removed. Last year it fired up I think...it's kinda hard to remember lol. We have a 1969 Barracuda (with factory A/C). I think it has a 340 as well. It runs, it needs a paint job...but other than that there's no problems with it.

Personally, I've always liked the `70 better. Someday I wanna get it running and on the road again. I know it needs a lotta work though.

Yep, it's got a 340 I think. At one point it had a hemi, but it was removed. Last year it fired up I think...it's kinda hard to remember lol. We have a 1969 Barracuda (with factory A/C). I think it has a 340 as well. It runs, it needs a paint job...but other than that there's no problems with it.

Personally, I've always liked the `70 better. Someday I wanna get it running and on the road again. I know it needs a lotta work though.

Got pics?

Got pics?

I could take some tomorrow if it's not too rainy. The `Cuda has a bunch of stuff in/on it. It needs to be cleared off lol. I'm a bit limited with angles, since I can't pull them out of the garage and all, but I'll see what I can do. I can get a few interior pics though too if ya want.

I could take some tomorrow if it's not too rainy. The `Cuda has a bunch of stuff in/on it. It needs to be cleared off lol. I'm a bit limited with angles, since I can't pull them out of the garage and all, but I'll see what I can do. I can get a few interior pics though too if ya want.

Yes, please.

Any RWD V8 is welcome in my driveway. You bring the MIG and TIG welders and I'll bring the oxy-acetelyne, stick, and flux-core welders just in case we need five different welders. I already have two different junkyards on speed dial and an empty shed in case we have extra parts and can build a second car.

Looks like I had better get that trailer inspected. :lol:

Floorpans are available for it, so that's not a huge issue. As long as the frame is repairable, that car should be restored.

Whaaa? Toss another frame under it!!; GM A-Bodies used near identical frames- there are millions to choose from across the country. 'Bad frame' should never mean 'scrap it'.

Floorpans are available for it, so that's not a huge issue. As long as the frame is repairable, that car should be restored.

Whaaa? Toss another frame under it!!; GM A-Bodies used near identical frames- there are millions to choose from across the country. 'Bad frame' should never mean 'scrap it'.

True.

I found out today that the car was taken away. It won't be crushed but it is impounded for now. The guy who was restoring it bought it from another junkyard/garage, and the people there originally stole it. Stripped some parts, took the motor, but they forgot to get rid of any signs of a VIN number. The history report showed it had no accidents but it reported missing from an original owner in Manitoba 3 years before. They gave up looking for the car but now they found it. They have impounded it and are going to find the owners' of the garage the old guy bought it from. The car will be returned to its rightful owner who was also in the process of restoring it. He had to fix the rust and the vinyl top and A/C. Sorry guys. No project car. Would've been nice.

Well I went to the junkyard again today with my dad. Saw the shadow...poor thing. An intrepid was stacked on top of it, the hood was gone, and saw was the fron t grill and bumper. No hope left for it. So we took the hatch off it for my dad's car. I took out the center console, cuz it has newer and better cupholders, and the fog light switch and wireing harness. It's pretty gutted now, probbaly gonna get crushed soo. It has all its wheels and tires though still...which is rare. The car may die but it's parts will live on! A moment of silence please...

Also, I saw a `93 Seville there. Hood was detached and the driver's fender was gone...looked ok besides that. I sat inside and was amazed how nice ther materials were. Almost everything was soft touch, besides teh wood, metal and radio.