Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

CARS YOU WISH YOU COULD HAVE BACK

me?

Far too often I wish I had my 89 SHO back. Perfect car for me. I miss that car so much. Practical, stealthy, extremely comfy. Very Euro, yet still Detroit. v6, stick, FWD. Great in snow. Handled great. Great stereo. Snarly when you were on the gas and absolutely dead quiet when crusing at high speeds. awesome sunroof.

*sigh* (tear)

Sometimes I wish I had my old Chevette Scooter back also. :blink: The Vega too! :duh:

Edited by regfootball

We had other variants of these cars, but I wish I could have back either

A 76 or 77 Cutlass Salon coupe with a 260 c.i. Rocket V8

A 81 or 82 Cutlass Supreme Brougham coupe with a 260 c.i. Rocket V8

Just today, I was on an engine list website pertaining to GM and it praised this little engine for its smoothness and longevity.

my old 83 buick regal wagon, the only other car i've had. buick v6, 3speed, just fun to drive because it was so unique, even though it was a pretty clumsy car. lol. i'd put a turbo on it or put a v8 in it w/ a 4 speed at least... that'd be fun :)

I actually don't remember what kinda car it was, but it was a big green Dodge from the 70's...we called it the "Green Bomber" I was really little when my dad got rid of it, but I used to love the car...I should ask what it was...these days I can barely picture it. It had some great stores though. Like one time someoen tried to steal it, but he ended up cutting himself on the metal stteering column and there was blood on it in the moring, damn thief :P

Also, we used to have a Satellite Sebring that was eventually junked...

All but one of my previous cars....

1985 Oldsmobile Toronado Caliente

1985 Lincoln Continental

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertible 3.4 DOHC

uh... someone else can take the 1983 Chevy Caprice with the 3.8.

You had one of these with this V6 too? Did yours leak oil? I never could get mine to stop leaking totally.

Marina Blue '66 Malibu SS 396 bought new by my parents.

Green '73 Pontiac Catalina bought new by my grandfather.

Silver '00 VW GTI 1.8t I bought new. Sweet car.

Gray '02 Silverado shortbed, regular cab 2WD. I still see it around town.

my 1989 Pontiac Firebird Formula :-(

Posted Image

f@#k, while we're at it, how bout the 89 Camaro RS I partially owned for a few days (me and a friend parted it out.... had a 400sbc with a TH350)

Posted Image

Edited by speedingpenguin

You had one of these with this V6 too? Did yours leak oil? I never could get mine to stop leaking totally.

Nope, no oil leaks on mine. There really was nothing wrong with it other then the fact that I got out run by a VW Rabbit diesel.

Guest C&GStaff

70 El Camino SS 454

87 El CaminoSS

86 Monte Carlo SS

70 Camaro RS/SS

73 340 Duster

57 Chevy 210

AKA the black fleet (except the Camaro)

Edit: It's Camino (as if you couldn't guess) The site randomly decided to log me on as C&GStaff. :blink:

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL. Fully loaded, black.

That's our first car when my family first landed in Canada. Such a comfortable car.

Oh, and last year that it came with full square taillamps, true to classic Olds design. The three bars on the new one looks awkwardly out of place, especially even the redesigned Cutlass Supreme got square lamps.

This is an easy one for me...my 1985 S10 Blazer. Custom painted Diamond Blue metallc, with a TBI 350 in it. The old Colt I had could stay in the junkyard where it was brought shortly after we sold it.

Speaking for my father, I'll bet he'd like back his '62 and '65 Corvettes, along with his '68 RS/SS Camaro, '86 IROC, '85 Cutlass Supreme, and '84 Cutlass Calais.

My parents' 1976 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

My former 1988 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

CD Showcase.8p-11p central.04/28/06, www.wrmn1410.com

"Hood slidin' like Bo Duke"...Dierks Bently...'What Was I Thinking?'

A couple of times I've had dreams where I somehow manage to get my first car back, a '76 Mercury Monarch. I get all excited about it, then realize what a piece of crap it really is... lol

I liked a lot of things about the car, and would kinda like to have it back again, but I know I'd be sorely dissapointed in it in so many ways. It wasn't in great shape (big hole rusted through the trunk, lots of rust spots all over, headliner coming down, molded out carpet in the back seat, seat fabric coming apart in some places, missing hood ornament and some of the badging letters), and was sorely underpowered (had the straight-6 engine and felt uber-sluggish. Top speed was around 80 I think. lol).

Edited by PurdueGuy

A couple of times I've had dreams where I somehow manage to get my first car back, a '76 Mercury Monarch.  I get all excited about it, then realize what a piece of crap it really is... lol 

I liked a lot of things about the car, and would kinda like to have it back again, but I know I'd be sorely dissapointed in it in so many ways.  It wasn't in great shape (big hole rusted through the trunk, lots of rust spots all over, headliner coming down, molded out carpet in the back seat, seat fabric coming apart in some places, missing hood ornament and some of the badging letters), and was sorely underpowered (had the straight-6 engine and felt uber-sluggish.  Top speed was around 80 I think. lol).

Doesn't matter, it was still your first car.

Nope, no oil leaks on mine.  There really was nothing wrong with it other then the fact that I got out run by a VW Rabbit diesel.

I know that all too well. 110 horsepower and 175 pound feet of torque didnt move it in any hurry. Mine wasnt actually too terrible in town but you had to plan highway passing VERY carefully. I could tell the difference the second I got the '79 with the 305 V8. While that wasnt a musclecar it moved quite a bit better.

I dunno if I will ever give up my first car. I'll probably keep it in storage after I move on, but at the same time I'd slowly try to restore it when I had money. Why bother restoring a little Shadow? Cuz, like Camino said, it's my first car, it's special to me, and it's been very good to my family in the 10 years or so that we've owned it. It deserves some TLC for all the faithful work it does. (I really do try to kee p it clean and taken care of, and fixing things on it when I can...like replacing the headliner).

Besides, why sell it? It's not worth much :lol:

Edited by Dodgefan

It is amazing how we are influenced by the cars our parents drove, or by our earliest childhood memories in certain vehicles. My father always owned big Chryslers: '66 300 and then a '69 300. My uncle had a '67 300 and his father had a '70 New Yorker. God, I loved those cars.

My mother had a '67 Caprice and a '66 Pontiac wagon (navy blue!). I remember my stepfather had a crap box '64 Fairlane - duct tape and rust paint all over it!

When I got my license in 1978, I drove my mothers ancient '67 Newport. It was a nice car, but on its last legs. She bought a 1980 Ford Econonoline van and had it customized. Yikes!

I look at the entire era of the '60s as the peak of American car prowess. There were some amazing vehicles on the road then.

I am sorry for those rice queens out there, but there is no way that my college roommate's 1973 Datsun 210 will ever stack up to a 1973 ANYHING from GM, Ford or Chrysler. Even a '73 Vega has more presence!

My dad's '86 Cutlass Supreme. It was a nice car that had too short of a life due to a poorly located, low-lying parking lot and heavy rain causing the flood of 1993. The waters went up to the dash, so the car was pretty much ruined. It's probably rusting in a junkyard somewhere now.