- (NZ6) 16" High vent steel wheels on 2LT models

- (NW1) 18" high-polished wheels on SS Supercharged Coupe

- Black tie radios

- (AP3) Remote vehicle starter system

- 3-spoke steering wheel

Changes

- LT Coupe and LT Sedan now have 3 equipment groups

- Power door locks are no longer available on LS models

Damn, they're getting rid of all the VW-ey colors -- Glacier Blue for the Lucerne, and now Blue Granite and Majestic Amethyst for the Cobalt. The only reason why Cobalt sedan looks decent is because of Blue Granite. Black tie radio and new steering wheel are good and desperate improvements, though. Too bad they're replacing alloys with steelies and molded covers.

Damn, they're getting rid of all the VW-ey colors -- Glacier Blue for the Lucerne, and now Blue Granite and Majestic Amethyst for the Cobalt. The only reason why Cobalt sedan looks decent is because of Blue Granite. Black tie radio and new steering wheel are good and desperate improvements, though. Too bad they're replacing alloys with steelies and molded covers.

I think you're in the minority on that, hence the deletion :AH-HA_wink:

Certainly seems accurate based on what actually has been moving off dealer lots.

I agree-the Blue Granite (aka Stealth Grey/Slatestone) Cobalt's are plentiful around here-I don't think I've seen a Majestic Amethyst around here-I'd love to see one though. I miss Glacier Blue and Sport Red Metallic-two of my favorites-the Maroon (Bordeaux Red) is okay, but I don't like it as much. And why is Chevy insistant on replacing aluminum wheels with plastic-steel on the midlevel (LT-the former LS) Cobalt and Malibu levels? Its plain stupid!

I agree-the Blue Granite (aka Stealth Grey/Slatestone) Cobalt's are plentiful around here-I don't think I've seen a Majestic Amethyst around here-I'd love to see one though. I miss Glacier Blue and Sport Red Metallic-two of my favorites-the Maroon (Bordeaux Red) is okay, but I don't like it as much. And why is Chevy insistant on replacing aluminum wheels with plastic-steel on the midlevel (LT-the former LS) Cobalt and Malibu levels? Its plain stupid!

I was wondering about the wheels too..

But I've noticed quite a few Cobalt owners change their wheels anyways...

Could be more for the custom crowd....

If they lowered the price a few bucks for the lack of AWs on the LT, that would be ok....(or added side airbags or something to that...)

The Cobalt I have is in Blue Granite Metallic. My wife and I like the color enough that it was one of our main criteria for the car.

Naturally the cool new radio comes the next model year after I get the car. I like my setup though, what with the "brushed silver" plated receiver.

Aesthetically, I wonder what else the 07 Cobalt has in store...

In the picture, it looks like the trim is now some sort of graphite plastic.....and the center stack appears graphite/black now as opposed to all the radio and hvac controls being silver....

I see, I have to admit that the current trim is the POS of the interior. It creaks like crazy. At least, GM is improving the car.

Speaking of MCE I think the Malibu needs anohter. I liked it better

before now it just looks Chinese from some angles. That car needs

to get some Cobalt DNA in terms of styling.

In the picture, it looks like the trim is now some sort of graphite plastic.....and the center stack appears graphite/black now as opposed to all the radio and hvac controls being silver....

:blink: You realize thats a chop I did of the wood trimmed interior?

Speaking of MCE I think the Malibu needs anohter. I liked it better

before now it just looks Chinese from some angles. That car needs

to get some Cobalt DNA in terms of styling.

The Next Gen Malibu is around the corner... no need to waste any more money on this one.

• 4 weeks later...

I was really hoping for that sharp dark green that the Pontiac G6 features.

A Cobalt would look nice in a shade of that variety.

I thought I had read that both engines(the 2.2 and 2.4) were gaining 5HP.

I was under the impression that they weren't gaining 5 hp, but that the rating was 5 hp higher under new testing standards, dispite no actual mechanical change...

• 4 weeks later...

Ive never seen a amethest Cobalt on the street so it must not have sold that well..

there will be more changes for 2008, probably new front and rear facias and an upgraded interior..  if it dont get delayed the Cobalt will get a total redesign for the 2011 model year..

yep-I can agree with the interior-though I'm sure it will get some updated sheetmetal on the outside-hopefully they don't mess to much with the coupe's rear end..makes the coupe stand out. 8)

Though it sound like the sedan will get new taillights though...

It's probably similar to the G5's, the steering wheel and radio interface.

Alright.. Northie agreed with ya on that one after seeing it in person.

Now.. the rims. I can't stand those bland SS ones on the '05 and '06s.

I think they're the same wheels, but we had a used one that had some different wheels that I think you get through GM accessories that were way better.

I'm sure you could get different wheels pretty cheap if you sold the ones that come on it.

No, those weren't them, they were chrome and they didn't have the little cutouts at the edge of the spokes. They actually looked similar to the wheels on the first pics we saw of the SS SC but they weren't those either.

I would guess you could get a pretty similar amount of money back for the stock wheels if you wanted those.