2007 Cobalt changes

Are the 07s out yet? haven't seen any 07 cars yet...

I guess so? I don't know. Northie said they got an '07 Cobalt in at the place he works..

Are there usually good rebates on the previous year models when the new year models come out? Approx how much?

I guess so? I don't know. Northie said they got an '07 Cobalt in at the place he works..

Are there usually good rebates on the previous year models when the new year models come out? Approx how much?

Ok-wandered the local dealership...spotted a few 07 balts....

Comments....

ALMOST 300 BUCKS FOR PAINT?! ON A COBALT?!!! WTF???? :blink::angry::censored:

Granted I love the new sport red color-but for extra bling? WHY?

They pulled anilock brakes as part of the standard package on the LT....why?

:banghead:

I saw a LT package...it was like almost 2 grand! :huh:

The new wheelcovers in the package were a hoot....they almost look like real

metal rims until you give them a smack... :lol:

Not sure about the lack of door guards...though I like the smooth look... 8)

I like the new radio...alot.

I also like the new steering wheel...looks good.

Sport red-Laser Blue=sweet colors... :)

Those are wheels from an aftermarket company. You can probably find some for Tire Rack or American Tire.

Yup.. just found a similar type of wheel on tirerack.com. It's an ASA JH8 for only $185 a piece (also available in black w/ silver lip):

Posted Image

NOS: About the discounts... yes, there usually are pretty big discounts on the outgoing models, but I wouldn't expect much of an increase with the SS SC. They sell every one they can make so they have little incentive to give you anything off the price.

Is the radio surround still silver?

The radio in mine is painted the same silver color as the surround, so it looks really good (despite material cheapness).

From those pictures, I can't tell if they're going with a black surround now, or if they're going to have the contrasting black and silver look.

Is the radio surround still silver?

The radio in mine is painted the same silver color as the surround, so it looks really good (despite material cheapness).

From those pictures, I can't tell if they're going with a black surround now, or if they're going to have the contrasting black and silver look.

I want to say the surround is black...

though I like the radio. :)

Okay, I have to say something.

It's driving me insane.

I have sat in three different Cobalts, ranging from LS to LT to SS.

I have made an observation, and my opinion was seconded by a friend of mine.

What on God's green earth is wrong with the seats??

It feels like my legs dangle off with no support at all, and I'm not close to 6 ft. tall. My friend Jess is shorter than me, and she said those seats were awful too.

Not the whole seat is bad, just the bottom cushion, it's like it's not long enough or something.

Want to know what seats were comfortable to me AND seemed better at first tush cush?

Those of:

Kia Rio LX

Chrysler PT Cruiser

Dodge Neon

Plymouth Breeze (and that's with my seat as low as it will go too)

Is it just me?

Are my friend and I crazy? I mean, I'm a skinny thing, and she's sort of portly.

No one else seems to have noticed this to my knowledge, and I just want to see what everyone else thinks on the Cobalt seats.

I'm sure the Recaro's of the SS Supercharged would be better, as they felt great in a Saturn ION Redline.

GM needs to stop with the good paint being extra cost-I mean, on a Buick-you have to pay for the nice red (Crimson Tintcoat)-want a standard? You're stuck with Maroon (aka Dark Garnet Red). Chevy Cobalt? You're stuck with Victory Red-can't get a regular Sport Red Metallic, just this unnecessary Tintcoat. That, and for the LT trim-drop it to one! Its ridiculous-there should be no 0LT, 1LT, 2LT or a 3LT? And dump the LTZ-no one buys it! Just go back to Base, LS, maybe LT, and/or Z-24, with the 2.4-liter engine (give the SSS to Pontiac, dump the Chevy version-there needs to be air, here people!) Make aluminum wheels standard on all except Base (where they'd be optional, no PEGs to order), make those new fascia steel wheels standard or continue with wheel covers, base models only. There is no excuse why a deluxe-trim model (i.e. LS, now LT) should have wheel covers and/or steel wheels.

The seats are ok to me...it depends on your current car...

165525[/snapback]

I guess it's one of those things you'd have to get used to then?

It just seemed strange at first blush to me. Almost like there was no thigh support, and that I was sitting on the floorboards.

But, those Recaros in the SS Supercharged/Redline models, now those were great!

And, that laser blue sure is a hot colour.

Now, just give me a dark, rich forest green colour. Or that awesome blue/green changing paint of the Grand Prix!

Oh, and... the current Elantra's seats are terrible to me too.

Finally, I feel that a great improvement to the Cobalt would be taking the trim piece of the upper door panels on higher models (LT and up) and using that to line the entire interior. This material feels solid yet soft, with a pleasant "rubbery" feeling quality. Take that and put it on the upper and lower dash, and the console, and the rest of the interior, and that would feel much better!

Edited by MyerShift

Man, I can't wait to get one of these in Yellow next spring (SS/SC).. it'll be a great car to replace my current Camaro and will set me up perfectly for another SS when I buy my next Camaro in '10 (even if it does come out in '08).

Tint coat is extra because of the paint process -- it goes thru the paint process a second time.

Regular colors get a color coat, then a clear coat.

On a tint coat, the car gets a color coat -- a 'tint' coat -- and then a clear coat.

Trivia -- the Millenium Yellow on Corvette - -the tint coat was actually green.

Tint coat is extra because of the paint process -- it goes thru the paint process a second time.

On a tint coat, the car gets a color coat -- a 'tint' coat -- and then a clear coat.

169053[/snapback]

Why green? And would you say that the extra clear coat on a tint coat is worth the extra money? If so, why isn't that offered on more vehicles?

169053[/snapback]

Oh okay-that's interesting to know-thanks for the info!

Why green?  And would you say that the extra clear coat on a tint coat is worth the extra money?  If so, why isn't that offered on more vehicles?

169158[/snapback]

Fbodfather didn't mention and extra clear coat on the tint paint. He said that the regular paint has color, then clear. The cars that have the tint color have color, tint, then clear.