Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Grand Prix for '07

Deletions

--Exterior color (26U) Blue-Green Crystal

--(QP2) Wheels, 17" (43.2 cm) polished aluminum

--(V62) Lifestyle Package :confused0071:

New Features

--(P23) 17" (43.2 cm) chrome aluminum wheels (available Spring 2006 MY)

--Exterior color (27U) Crimson Red (available Spring 2006 MY)

--Exterior color (37U) Midnight Blue Metallic

--Exterior color (42U) Shadow Gray Metallic

--Exterior color (71U) Purple Haze Metallic

--Exterior color (80U) Red Jewel Tintcoat

Changes

--(P04) 17" (43.2 cm) aluminum Sport wheels, appearance has changed

--Tire Pressure Monitoring System replaces (UJ6) Tire Inflation Monitor System and is now standard on Grand Prix (was part of [PDF] Security Package)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Wow! The first vehicle I've seen so far with changes for the better! Great array of new colors, especially Crimson Red and Purple Haze! Now, why aren't those two on the Solstice yet? Ditch the Navy Blue and Emerald Green (who would want a dull boring family car/truck color on a sports roadster?) and bring these and Blue Streak on! I think the Lifestyle Package had something to do with the folding front passenger's seat and a few convenience features that were optional on Base Grand Prix's, standard elsewhere-not positive though.

The Grand Prix needs more than new colors to raise sales. Yes, it is a good car in an overall sense and I wouldn't mind owning a purple one (something about purple on cars excites me. The GTO looked awesome in it) but public perception is not favorable.

I'm with you there-its compelling in a stylistic sense (and the new colors), but amidst say, the Dodge Charger, even though it is front-drive with still-decent power-it just isn't as compelling. The W-Body needs to go, and the next big Pontiac needs more rear seat room, i.e. with a rear window that is not directly sloping overhead of the back seats.

Wow! The first vehicle I've seen so far with changes for the better!  I think the Lifestyle Package had something to do with the folding front passenger's seat and a few convenience features that were optional on Base Grand Prix's, standard elsewhere-not positive though.

Agree and disagree.

Most of the new colors are tacky and gross. Purple? Come on. Some nice blues would have been better. It will be interesting to see what the crimson is. Thank God they're keeping white - the best color for this car anyway.

Yes. Lifestyle package is the folding front seat. They should just make it standard, like on the Malibu.

I just wish they'd tweak the front end a little bit.

There should have been a hell of a lot more changes than this! They couldn't even be bothered with an additional interior color? Where is the promised 3900? Is the outdated 3800 going to be around until the next decade? No new grille etc. Just shows that GM has totally lost interest in this car.

They couldn't even be bothered with an additional interior color? Where is the promised 3900? Is the outdated 3800 going to be around until the next decade? No new grille etc.

They do need a grey interior. They currently only have TWO interior colors...and then, not really, considering door pieces, consoles, steering wheels and most of the dash are black. You almost have no choice but to get a black interior to avoid the disparity.

I am HOPING that's NOT next year's car up in the picture. I think that is the current GXP grille. The base models have more triangular snouts.

They can make changes...remember the hideous cloth with the geometric pattern that appeared in early 2004s? It disappeared before the end of the model year.

BTW, what are the sources for all of these changes for all the 2007 MY cars? Are these the "real McCoy?"

As a Happy Comp G owner I love the car but will be the first to state it is not perfect.

The one thing I have noted is a few changes make a big differance with this car.

I opted for the 04 only 5 spoke 17" chrome wheels over the 10 spoke. Also I got the larger pace car spoiler over the looks too small standard rear spoiler. Added the SPO stainless exhaust tips to lose the pig snout tips. It changed the personality of the car to a biger degree than I expected.

I get a lot of people with complements and questions on what kind of car it is. Many are suprised it is a GP. Many said they never saw one like that before. Some even ask it it is a GTO [i guess they don't count doors?].

Any way I think most of the wheels Pontiac has offered give the GP a Avis look. Better more expensive looking wheels I think would even help a base GT a great deal.

It is my wifes car and we bought it because she liked it. I did not even consider a GP but can now say I am glad she got me to look at it. It is a very fun car to drive for FWD. Fix the interior and make it RWD it would be killer.

As FWD cars go this one is very good for a family sedan.

It is a very fun car to drive for FWD. Fix the interior and make it RWD it would be killer.

Like I've said elsewhere, it is an adult's go kart. Having rented them 5 to 10 times, I've essentially driven one the equivalent of crossing the US. I like it.

What in the interior needs to be fixed besides the color issue and the fact that the buckets are too confining for a guy with an average build?

Won't happen until the Zeta comes. W-Body was not designed for the 6-speed.

Should not be an issue. More to the point is remaining vehicle life and calibration with available engine options. With a limited supply of 6T70 and 6T75s is it worth doing the calibration work for an engine/vehicle package that won't be around for much longer?

Like I've said elsewhere, it is an adult's go kart.  Having rented them 5 to 10 times, I've essentially driven one the equivalent of crossing the US.  I like it.

What in the interior needs to be fixed besides the color issue and the fact that the buckets are too confining for a guy with an average build?

Things that need to be fixed on the GP

Rear seat is the worst in the industry for such a large sedan. Back seat legroom is non existant with seat moved back more than half way. Backrest is like sitting on a park bench. Seat bottom sits way to low giving a confining feel. Rears of seat go all the way to the floor leaving no space for feet and toes. Cloth seat material screams cheap, as it is the same crap as in the Colorado but a different color. Too much hard plastic. 3800 puts out 200 hp and 230 torque. Compare that to a 1995 GM such as the Bonneville which actually put out more hp at 205 and the same torque! 4 speed automatic drastically kills engine power when it shifts into second gear until engine revs back up, but then this engine is all packed in past 5000 rpms seeing as how it is mainly a low end torque motor. No front seat passenger overhead assist handle when even a freaken base Kia Optima from 2001 has them. No rear seat center armrest that the 1997-2003 version had. 0-60 acceleration times are actually slower on the base and GT versions of this car compared to it's predessor. The base car lost it's 3.29:1 gears in favor of economy 3.05:1 which when combined with more weight gives slower times. The supercharged 3800 with 260 hp looks better on paper but in reality offers no power gain over any 1997-2003 240 hp S/C 3800 because the tranny has been programmed to back off more on full throttle shifts to "save" the trans. Add in a goofy looking steering wheel, no front seat headroom whatsoever if you order the moonroof, haphazard quality control from car to car and that pretty much sums up what a disaster this car is.

The cheap build quality and materials......mostly in the center stack and console. You can easily "wiggle" the center console in its mounts with your hand.....not my idea of a quality interior.

Things that need to be fixed on the GP

Rear seat is the worst in the industry for such a large sedan. Back seat legroom is non existant with seat moved back more than half way. Backrest is like sitting on a park bench. Seat bottom sits way to low giving a confining feel. Rears of seat go all the way to the floor leaving no space for feet and toes. Cloth seat material screams cheap, as it is the same crap as in the Colorado but a different color. Too much hard plastic. 3800 puts out 200 hp and 230 torque. Compare that to a 1995 GM such as the Bonneville which actually put out more hp at 205 and the same torque! 4 speed automatic drastically kills engine power when it shifts into second gear until engine revs back up, but then this engine is all packed in past 5000 rpms seeing as how it is mainly a low end torque motor. No front seat passenger overhead assist handle when even a freaken base Kia Optima from 2001 has them. No rear seat center armrest that the 1997-2003 version had. 0-60 acceleration times are actually slower on the base and GT versions of this car compared to it's predessor. The base car lost it's 3.29:1 gears in favor of economy 3.05:1 which when combined with more weight gives slower times. The supercharged 3800 with 260 hp looks better on paper but in reality offers no power gain over any 1997-2003 240 hp S/C 3800 because the tranny has been programmed to back off more on full throttle shifts to "save" the trans. Add in a goofy looking steering wheel, no front seat headroom whatsoever if you order the moonroof, haphazard quality control from car to car and that pretty much sums up what a disaster this car is.

Wow. You've found a lot you don't like. They are aware of the back seat woes as they have been mentioned often in reviews. It's the price we pay for the roof line. An armrest in the back would be nice as the Monte (a Chevy) has it. Come to think of it, that steering wheel brushed applique will probably not age well. I think the cloth will probably be durable given that the velour in my 1992 is still intact, however, I don't like how it feels to the touch. When it was released in 2004, the cloth was atrocious. The biggest problem I have is the black dash to complement the beige seats. Horrible. I walked by a Cobalt yesterday and, for God's sake, it had a beige interior with a beige dash...on a car costing $ 5,000 to $ 10,000 less!

Wow.  You've found a lot you don't like.  They are aware of the back seat woes as they have been mentioned often in reviews.  It's the price we pay for the roof line.  An armrest in the back would be nice as the Monte (a Chevy) has it.  Come to think of it, that steering wheel brushed applique will probably not age well. I think the cloth will probably be durable given that the velour in my 1992 is still intact, however, I don't like how it feels to the touch.  When it was released in 2004, the cloth was atrocious.  The biggest problem I have is the black dash to complement the beige seats.  Horrible.  I walked by a Cobalt yesterday and, for God's sake, it had a beige interior with a beige dash...on a car costing $ 5,000 to $ 10,000 less!

I personally like two-tone dashboards.

I personally like two-tone dashboards.

No. I agree. Two tone of the same color theme is awesome. I am talking about tan or grey and then having all the other crap in BLACK. It's gross.

That ugly butt has to go. The other problem is the FWD.

That ugly butt has to go. The other problem is the FWD.

Disagree on the first comment, Pantho. The ugly butt was on the 1997-2003 run...they looked like pumpkins grafted onto the rear of the car. At least these are "wedgier" and cleaner (except for the little ripples).

It's the "Smokey and the Bandit" front end that has to go! Give THAT a rest!

FWD - well, we ALL know you don't like that. On that issue, I am a little indifferent. I do like how an engine compartment is set up better when it's RWD and that you don't need to replace brakes as often. I am not that much of a hard ass on cars where I need it for the handling edge.

Edited by trinacriabob