Sign in to follow this  
NOS2006

C7 Corvette Modifications - Suggestions?

12 posts in this topic

I watched the C7 debut on Sunday, eyes plastered to the screen and jaw on the floor - in a good way, of course. However, nothing is perfect, and I have come up with a few thoughts on how to modify it. I've been out of the Photoshop game for a long time, but last night I began my work.

So far, I've only started on a front iso view, but I plan to do a rear iso as well. I've come up with some modifications to make the Base model look slightly different (I'd actually say it's more 'plain') as well as a couple modifications to turn what we know as the Stingray into a slightly sportier Z06 model.

So now that I've got two renderings going (eventually it'll be four - front & rear, Base & Z06), I figured I'd ask the crowd what you'd like to see. I might include all of your suggestions, I might include none, but either way I'm still interested in hearing what changes you would make to the car's exterior appearance. If I think it might look good, I'll try it.

Also, keep in mind when you make your suggestions to tell me if you think your idea would look better on a more plain (Base) model or on the sportier Z06.

Thank you! :)

Over all I like the stingray as is except for the rear, those tear drop vents have got to go. They should never have been incorporated into the rear taillights.

Either make it a long rectangle vent under the whole taillight or move it down to the bottom of the rear fascia for both a basic model and sport model.

I look forward to seeing your enhancements.

Get rid of the mass of black plastic from the rear, or at the very least, make it cover alot less area.

• Upvote 1

Glad to hear that you're going to dust-off your chopping skills NOS, I've missed seeing your work.

I'm sure you've seen my comments on the rear, so I'll just add a small idea about the front.

I'd like to see a different front cutline for the hood. I think that having the leading edge move forward, and come to something of a point would echo some of Corvette's design-language a bit better.

And I'm glad to hear that you want to take a slightly cleaner approach to the design!

Looking forward to the results.

how about you remove the huge blind spot generating rear pillars? sheesh.

Not sure if you mean the B or C-Pillar...

Glad to hear that you're going to dust-off your chopping skills NOS, I've missed seeing your work.

I'm sure you've seen my comments on the rear, so I'll just add a small idea about the front.

I'd like to see a different front cutline for the hood. I think that having the leading edge move forward, and come to something of a point would echo some of Corvette's design-language a bit better.

And I'm glad to hear that you want to take a slightly cleaner approach to the design!

Looking forward to the results.

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback (from everybody!) and I'll consider it all.

Sounds like everybody tends to dislike the rear the most (or at least want to change the rear the most), so I'm pretty close to being finished with the front end. :)

I also say get rid of the black plastic. If those vents and scoops and things around the hood and wheel arches where body color it would look better. Perhaps the one near the front wheels could be a chrome or aluminum sort of how Jaguar does those side gils.

I also say get rid of the black plastic. If those vents and scoops and things around the hood and wheel arches where body color it would look better. Perhaps the one near the front wheels could be a chrome or aluminum sort of how Jaguar does those side gils.

How about black plastic in this one?

post-2910-0-18426900-1358477107_thumb.jp

I would say it needs a body colored A pillar to better go along with the new and striking C pillar and body colored edge of the roof design! That would improve it greatly and bring more flow to the upper body! Then I would bring in more exagerated upper finder peaks like the C3 corvette had and then to my eye it would indeed be PERFECT! This would be on all the Corvette models from the begining as well!

Armchair designers gotto luv em, the thing is not matter what the car turned out to look like, somebody is always going to find fault with it. If you like it enough buy one and change what you do not like about it (personaliztion).

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this