Sign in to follow this  
dfelt

2014 Bi-Fuel Suburban????

So a little Birdy from GM Fleet made a comment to me and when I pushed she said she could not comment on future product. What was it she wispered to me you ask?

I made the comment in talking with this individual who over sees the Pacific NW Fleet sales that I would love to buy a Diesel or CNG Suburban as Gas powered versions just do not do it for me.

Her comment was just wait till the roll out of 2014 models and your wish will come true for Bi-Fuel.

So I pushed her if this was an Impco product like their Bi-Fuel Trucks and she clamped up with the no comment on future products.

So I am now thinking that since the 6.0 V8 in the Suburban is no different than the trucks and the better benefit is that the tanks can be on the driver side between the frame and drive line that this could be a very cool option. With the auto switch sensor between natural gas and regular gas, this could make for a great hauling ride and daily driver as it is cheap to fill up the Natural Gas.

So what are your thoughts on this, would you be interested in a Bi-Fuel Suburban with about a 700 mile range using both fuels?

Sound Off!

Considering how long I have wanted a Duramax Diesel in a Suburban, This would be a welcomed auto. GM can bring economy of scale to these large family haulers and trailer towers while reducing the cost of fueling. I look forward to seeing this come out.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

1. Flybrian
      Flybrian
    2. rp2s
      rp2s
  • Similar Content

• By William Maley
      GMC had a bit of a surprise for the Dubai International Motor Show with the Desert Fox Middle East truck concept.
      Desert Fox was a special package available on the 1977 GMC C/K 1500 pickup that featured a tan (Buckskin) exterior color with color stripes running along the sides and hood. The package also featured a brush guard, bed mounted sports bar, additional lights, and tan colored wheels. This package was also available for the Jimmy SUV.
      This Sierra 1500-based concept brings this package into the modern era with the same paint color and stripe layout. It also comes outfitted with some off-road goodies such as an off-road bumper with a winch, beadlock wheels wrapped in desert-terrain tires, bed-mounted sports bar with LED lights, skid plates, and a new exhaust system. No mention of a powertrain but we're thinking it could the 5.3L V8.
      Source: Car and Driver

View full article
    • By William Maley
      GMC had a bit of a surprise for the Dubai International Motor Show with the Desert Fox Middle East truck concept.
      Desert Fox was a special package available on the 1977 GMC C/K 1500 pickup that featured a tan (Buckskin) exterior color with color stripes running along the sides and hood. The package also featured a brush guard, bed mounted sports bar, additional lights, and tan colored wheels. This package was also available for the Jimmy SUV.
      This Sierra 1500-based concept brings this package into the modern era with the same paint color and stripe layout. It also comes outfitted with some off-road goodies such as an off-road bumper with a winch, beadlock wheels wrapped in desert-terrain tires, bed-mounted sports bar with LED lights, skid plates, and a new exhaust system. No mention of a powertrain but we're thinking it could the 5.3L V8.
      Source: Car and Driver

• By William Maley
      General Motors CEO Mary Barra spoke yesterday at the Barclays Global Automotive Conference in New York. During her talk, Barra said the company expects to make a profit off electric vehicles once they launch their next-generation EV platform.
      “We are working to provide desirable, obtainable and profitable vehicles that deliver a range of over 300 miles. There’s a lot of really creative things we’re doing to achieve that profitability point for that new platform,” Barra said to investors.
      The next-generation modular platform, due in 2021 will play a pivotal role in GM's plan to launch 20 all-new electric and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles by 2023. The platform will help drop the total per-unit cost by 30 percent or more. It will be used across a number of GM brands and various segments.
      GM is also working on a new battery system that will cut the per-kilowatt-hour from $145 to under $100 by 2021.
      Before these two launches, GM will be introducing four new EV and hydrogen vehicles. Two of those will be launch by April 2019 according to a GM spokesman. At least two vehicles will be small crossovers according to Automotive News. It is expected the electric models will use the underpinnings of the Chevrolet Bolt.
      The company has a set a goal of a million electric vehicles by 2026 - with most happening in China due to their strict production quotas for EVs. 
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required), Reuters

View full article
    • By William Maley
      General Motors CEO Mary Barra spoke yesterday at the Barclays Global Automotive Conference in New York. During her talk, Barra said the company expects to make a profit off electric vehicles once they launch their next-generation EV platform.
      “We are working to provide desirable, obtainable and profitable vehicles that deliver a range of over 300 miles. There’s a lot of really creative things we’re doing to achieve that profitability point for that new platform,” Barra said to investors.
      The next-generation modular platform, due in 2021 will play a pivotal role in GM's plan to launch 20 all-new electric and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles by 2023. The platform will help drop the total per-unit cost by 30 percent or more. It will be used across a number of GM brands and various segments.
      GM is also working on a new battery system that will cut the per-kilowatt-hour from $145 to under $100 by 2021.
      Before these two launches, GM will be introducing four new EV and hydrogen vehicles. Two of those will be launch by April 2019 according to a GM spokesman. At least two vehicles will be small crossovers according to Automotive News. It is expected the electric models will use the underpinnings of the Chevrolet Bolt.
      The company has a set a goal of a million electric vehicles by 2026 - with most happening in China due to their strict production quotas for EVs. 
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required), Reuters
    • By dfelt
      GM Exec calls Musk full of Crap!
      Seems Musk stating his auto's are level 5 capable of self driving is now being called full of crap by GM Exec that says without Lidar, there is no way Tesla system can be Level 5 full autonomous driving. It cannot see in the black of Night nor the difference of a snow covered road. Clearly many use cases that show Tesla to not be a Level 5 autonomous driving auto.
      Interesting read at Autoblog. https://www.autoblog.com/2017/10/16/gm-exec-calls-elon-musk-full-of-crap-autonomy-claims/
  • My Clubs

• Who's Online (See full list)

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook