FEBRUARY 2013 CAR SPOTTERS THREAD!!!

ocnblu

Some hibernate, some sit on ice floes. It is February, a chilly one this year (in these parts, at least). If you can "bear" it, let's get out there and spot some vehicular modes of transportation... right here!

I'm going to post this again, put it on the january, but i think that thread was quite dead by then, i thought it was cool, i don't know if anyone saw it, or its just meh

Car

sawit at the airport, with a couple hyandias a kia optima, a lexus is or es

Edited by CanadianBacon94

Spring weather here lately, 78 today...saw a sharp red '69 Corvette today w/ the t-tops off... saw two white '12 Mustang Boss 302s last night, parked together in a restaurant parking lot...also a white 5th gen Camaro w/ orange stripes and a dark gray Camaro SS convertible in the same lot.

I'm going to post this again, put it on the january, but i think that thread was quite dead by then, i thought it was cool, i don't know if anyone saw it, or its just meh

sawit at the airport, with a couple hyandias a kia optima, a lexus is or es

It's the 2014 Hyundai Genesis sedan. The roofline looks a lot like the Azera, but from the distance from the front wheel well to the front door you can tell it's RWD.

• Agree 1

"It's the 2014 Hyundai Genesis sedan. The roofline looks a lot like the Azera, but from the distance from the front wheel well to the front door you can tell it's RWD."

i thought it might be because the lexus looked like an is, and there were a bunch of hyaundias kinda wish i stuck around to take a few more pictures, i remember i took some a while back that i think was the Elantra over there

Edit: wow, that was almost two years ago now.
Edited by CanadianBacon94

I'm seeing a LOT of Chevy Captivas lately. none of them look like
fleet cars. One was being driven around the area of the local college
campus by a female student (assumedly) in a Hollister shirt with every bangle in the world hanging off the RVM.

have they started selling them here through regular retail, and I'm just the last to realize it?

Model S deliveries seem to be ramping up! I've been seeing at least two new ones everyday. The one I spotted today was Gray, and even with the standard 19" wheels, it looks great.

Also saw an Alfa Giulietta with a camo'ed Chrysler/Lancia front end and manufacturer plates.

Edited by pow

Saw a dark gray '14 Silverado Crew Cab in traffic tonight....1st one I've seen on the road...

Manufacturer road testing?

Probably..they do a lot of that here. 2nd one I've seen, saw one in person at Barrett-Jackson last month.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Saw a really clean red w/ body color bumpers '77 Z-28 w/ tasteful larger wheels in my underground storage unit parking garage....a few min later, in the PetSmart parking lot saw a young woman in a new dark blue BMW 328 w/ temporary plate pull into a parking spot...poorly, right into the left rear quarter of a darker blue BMW M3 coupe...saw her front bumper crack and side marker light pop out. Funny thing is, 2 weeks ago, I saw a Ford Edge run into a Camry...in the same parking spot.

I'm seeing a LOT of Chevy Captivas lately. none of them look like

fleet cars. One was being driven around the area of the local college

campus by a female student (assumedly) in a Hollister shirt with every bangle in the world hanging off the RVM.

have they started selling them here through regular retail, and I'm just the last to realize it?

They're probably hitting the used lots now.

IMAG0993.jpg

Sorry for the crummy picture...saw this nice 67 Biscayne 2-Dr rolling up the street as I was walking to the bus stop. I ran after it and managed to snap this pic before the car turned right. It was a six/stick and the dude had no clue how to drive it...revved the engine up really tight, then S L O W L Y let out the clutch...painful to witness.

Edited by NeonLX

The last two days have been all Fomoco.

Yesterday I saw an early sixties Fairlane (kinda ratty and sitting low on old rear springs, but motoring right along). It had a temp, registration in the window.

A few moments later I spied a Kennedy-era 4-door Lincoln sedan at a local garage.

Today it was a Super Duty dually with what had to be a 9' or longer bed - never saw one like that.

A tri-tone Buick Rainier with a Trailblazer front clip and a Buick badge swapped for the bowtie.

That is ODD...must have liked the Trailblazer styling more...but to go to that extent...interesting.

Probably just a wreck repair done on the cheap...the parts interchange anyway.

Saw a New Tesla Model S on the way to work, guy clearly got it over the Presidents weekend based on the dates on the temp license in the rear glass. Black with chrome door handles. I have to say it was very ugly and not impressed with it.

• Agree 1

A completely cherry Plymouth Sundance sedan. I'm thinking it was a 1992. The tinwork has eaten most of those up around here, but this one was really sharp.

No piston slap from the 2.2L/2.5L 4-cyl. engine under the hood, either.

If it had been for sale, I probably would have landed on it.

Rainy day, city hills and streets. New Fusion higher end model in dark gray with tinted glass. Great looker.

At first glance, I thought that was Shur's lane. But it doesn't look steep enough.

Lyceum, or "the wall". I live right at the top of it.

Fiat stuffed into weeds, I noticed after seeing the picture here.

Edited by caddycruiser

Two observations:

1) New 2013 GMC Acadia's are starting to appear on the roadways I travel more often now. I must say I am definitely in love with the new face. If I weren't so hell-bent on getting a new 2014 GMC Sierra, I'd be all over a new Acadia.

2)New 2013 Toyota Camry with temporary tags on the rear bumper (new process in NJ now, no longer the taped-in-the-rear window sticker). Relatively clean, went to pass and noticed the front bumper was completely torn up. It did not take long for this new Toyota to suffer typical bumper damage :lol: