What will they do for an Encore?

ocnblu

After checking their website, I trekked into my local Buick/GMC dealer to check out the new 2013 Encore.

It made me all googly-eyed... it's that cool, imo. In Brilliant Blue with Ebony cloth, it was a FWD Convenience model with the 5-spoke wheels. Very stylish. A bit nose-heavy in design, and tiny as heck, with big looking wheels (18" standard), it certainly has an attitude in its stance, with a beautiful interior.

And it is not as "old" as it seemed in photos. How can it be described? Jaunty AND authoritative, even with its diminutive stature... it is a one-of-a-kind vehicle.

Saleskid says it will be a 3-month wait for a factory order because it is built in Korea (booooo......) He will email me when he gets more in, next week sometime, he says.

I did not sit in it or open the hood, but the hatch was open, and it has a very reasonable amount of room back there.

I am very impressed by this little creature, and I predict it will be a hit for Buick. Equipped the way I'd want it, it will cost $27,490. AWD Convenience with winter mats and cargo tray. I should have taken my camera... but I had mom out in the Patriot (running with the heat on).

Well, I went into a bit more detail in my "Super Sonic?" thread over @ the lounge. My motivation for my comment in this thread goes like this: to get the Encore I want, I'd have to spend $27,490. I don't feel I am in a position to extend myself that far at this particular juncture.

Plus if I bought one there and not where I work (Hyundai/Mazda/Chrysler/Dodge/Ram/Jeep/Buick/GMC) I'd be in trouble, understandably, and I just started there Dec 10th. PLUS, there is not a lot of inventory on the ground yet, if I do this, I'll want to wait until there is one closer to what I want to dealer-trade in to my dealer.

So I have to temper myself and not go overboard. I'd love to have one but there are obstacles.

And one more thing... wouldn't it be nice for me to be able to continue my obsession of periodic new vehicles, but without the high stakes? Maybe it is time to go with something I can own, without it owning ME. 2012 was a disastrous year for me, employment-wise.

I can, however, confirm that GM's leatherette, as it appears in the Encore, feels thick and soft as on the import brands, not thin and hard as I'd feared. I stand corrected, and pleased to confirm this. I really like the cloth and leatherette seats in the Encore.

It looks too short in overall length, gives it a roller skate kind of look. Otherwise I don't mind the look of it, but I haven't seen it in person. Needs more motor though, for $25-35k and calling itself "premium" it shouldn't have the horsepower of a Hyundai Accent.

How about using the Volt Powertrain system for a Hybrid version! :P

I don't think there is enough room under hood for that. Voltec takes up some space.

This is why GM should have moved forward with the Skateboard design or sled that they felt could then having any type of body put on top of it. I think they need to reduce the size and have this fit into the Encore as it would sell really well.

ew thread poisoned

Nope no poison here, just reality that hybrids are here to stay. Pure Electric is poison at this time. No real use other than a luxury golf cart for inner city driving.

Red Convenience AWD with nav, $28k, Light Blue Base FWD, $24k, Tan AWD convenience with Bose, $27k. Odd bit: the tan one did not have the little "AWD" badge on the tailgate like the red one does. A manufacturing hiccup... I hope that's the only thing left off. (I did crawl underneath to make sure it had a differential back there). Two more around back still wrapped in plastic, a tan Leather AWD with the cool saddle interior, and a gray FWD with Bose and sunroof.

Edited by ocnblu