NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

1987 Lincoln Town Car promo video

4 posts in this topic

My grandparents had a 1988 Town Car, but theirs was an Executive I think. They couldn't afford a Cartier with CD player like Mr. Johnson. They didn't tow a boat either.

My Dad's '87 was maroon w/ a dark red padded top and sunroof, dark red leather interior...I drove it occasionally my senior year in high school..he traded it on a silver blue '91. The '87 had replaced a brown w/ brown top and brown cloth interior '84.

I had forgotten that some cars had a CD player as an option that far back..I got my first Sony Discman in '87 and started buying CDs then, but didn't put a CD player in a car until '97.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I almost burst out laughing when he went to the trunk and said "remember what I said about room for people?" Years of joking about how there's room for multiple bodies in the trunk took my mind in a different direction than they were going with his comment.

I almost bought an '88 Town Car, brown. Someone else bought it hours before I went to pick it up. The '94 Corsica I bought instead was a much better car for my needs at the time (summer between HS & college). I later owned a '90 Grand Marquis, and while they're great cars in their own way, they're land yachts in the best and worst ways. I think I'll always have a sort of soft spot for them, though.

• Upvote 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.