Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Thunderbird SC - Motor Trend Car of the Year

12 posts in this topic

*chuckles*

I remember always answering that "have you driven a Ford lately?" quesetion with ... "Um, no."

Heh...but, I wonder if Chevrolet touted the Monte Carlo when it was MT CotY in 1973.....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

CD Showcase.8p-11p central.04/28/06, www.wrmn1410.com

"It's hard to tell if I exist" ... Barenaked Ladies ... 'Pinch Me'

Funny, I've heard nothing but bad things about that generation of Thunderbird.

Funny, I've heard nothing but bad things about that generation of Thunderbird.

That pretty much sums up the whole Ford lineup. :( Still way better than any import garbage out there but Ford will always play second fiddle to GM in quality, reliabilty, durability and style.

I predict that once GM rids the world of all import crap, they will conquer Ford once and for all. At the moment Ford holds like 11% market share. GM holds high 20's and that number is sure to rise once newer product arrives. Ford products aren't good enough to fend off the General once they regain the 50% or so share that they deserve.

That pretty much sums up the whole Ford lineup.  :( Still way better than any import garbage out there but Ford will always play second fiddle to GM in quality, reliabilty, durability and style.

I predict that once GM rids the world of all import crap, they will conquer Ford once and for all. At the moment Ford holds like 11% market share. GM holds high 20's and that number is sure to rise once newer product arrives. Ford products aren't good enough to fend off the General once they regain the 50%  or so share that they deserve.

Um...yeah...do you realize the reason why GM has lost and yet to gain back market share is because most of ther products are subpar?

That pretty much sums up the whole Ford lineup.  :( Still way better than any import garbage out there but Ford will always play second fiddle to GM in quality, reliabilty, durability and style.

I predict that once GM rids the world of all import crap, they will conquer Ford once and for all. At the moment Ford holds like 11% market share. GM holds high 20's and that number is sure to rise once newer product arrives. Ford products aren't good enough to fend off the General once they regain the 50%  or so share that they deserve.

I'll have whatever he's having. :alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic:

Um...yeah...do you realize the reason why GM has lost and yet to gain back market share is because most of ther products are subpar?

Domesticated is living in a delusional state of mind, I'm afraid..

drive a nice 5 speed SC. 325 pound feet of torque makes for a nice drive.

They were pretty nice cars back in the day..clean styling, and pretty sophisticated for a domestic of the day--IRS, supercharged engine, etc. Interesting that Ford was investing in their midsize RWD coupes at about the same time GM was replacing their aged G-body coupes with the mediocre GM-10 FWDers...

GM will never see 50% market share again. There are too many automakers, both foreign and domestic, in the US for them to ever see that kind of share percentage again.

By the way, Ford holds 17.4% market share as of December 2005...not anywhere near 11%. And GM was 25.9% in 2005, not "high 20's".

Cool, I like that T-bird a lot. My wife's BIL has one, it's a little rough but cool.

IIRC, wasn't the 89 MY that the T-bird won COTY a pretty sad year for that competition? It was 4 cars- 2 Mopars, the Spirit/Acclaim twins, and 2 Fords, the Thunderbird/Cougar cars. Yikes. :nono: FWIW I think the best car won.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this