ocnblu

Compact unibody pickup on the way?

12 posts in this topic

ocnblu    733

Would love to see it happen for America. Here's an example... not a new one as rumored, but already being built:

Courier_wikipedia.jpg

dfelt    1,777

Cool but that nose has got to go............ :puke:

GM needs to do this with their own unibody mini pickup truck and use the Baby Duramax Diesel 4 bangers.

That South American Ford Courier is ancient, based on a Fiesta from over 10 years ago....would be laughed at in the US market.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

dfelt    1,777

2011-Chevrolet-Montana-6.jpg

I still think there is a good size market for a mini pickup truck like this for GM here in North America.

chevrolet-colorado-rally-concept-front-t

I think this would do really well here especially if it had the Baby Duramax Diesel family of Engines.

dfelt    1,777

chevrolet-luv-04.jpg

Course I grew up driving my dads purchased Luv Truck. Drove it from 7th grade till I went off to college and sold it after restoring it to factory spec. Wish I had been able to hold onto that truck, but I did love it even though it was small for my size.

ocnblu    733

I know the Courier I posted is old, I noted it was not this new truck they're working on (hopefully).

Interesting green color on the little Chevy Montana there, dfelt! I would motor one of those ones.

But seriously, the new Colorado/Canyon seem very big for a "compact". I'd like to see Ford, GM and Dodge build something smaller and lighter duty with AWD optional. I guarantee there's a market for it.

Edited by ocnblu

Does anyone know what the size of new Colorado/Canyon is? The look like they're about the same size as the GMT400s but I can't confirm that.

They are close to the Tacoma in size. The extended cab is about 4 inches longer than the current Colorado, but w/ about a 4 inch shorter wheelbase (121.9 instead of 126).

dfelt    1,777

Way too Freakin Big! :fryingpan:

The new Colorado and Canyon need to not be a mid size truck, but a mini. I agree with Ocn that I would love the Montana in AWD trim for a light duty city pickup. People would love to have a small truck for home/home garden projects.

I wounder if one could import the Montana and sell it here. I bet there would be a solid market for it here.

Well, the new Colorado is a midsize because that is where the market is...Tacoma and Frontier, for instance. Ram and Ford are out of the market in NA.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.