MARCH 2013 CAR SPOTTERS THREAD*******

Checked out the first MKZ in town at a local Lincoln showroom. Styling is quite nice in person and the retractable glass roof is super cool but otherwise not really impressed. For real wood the trim on the dash feels cheap, the plastics aren't nice either. Not up to the quality of the XTS or even the ATS. Barely padded dash with not great texturing. Seats not significantly different on a $45k MKZ from a $25k Fusion. For the money the new CTS will be better value.

Traveling at "only" 75 mph yesterday morning on the way to work, behind an F-250 pickup in the left lane.

Was wondering what his issue was... until a maroon '63 Valiant 2-door sedan came into view as it switched into the right lane from in front of the Ford.

As I went by, I could hear the sweet sound of a mildly tuned V8 engine at cruising speed.

Saw a silver V6 5th gen Camaro w/ what looked like a set of 5 spoke steel wheels that I didn't recongnize...did they change the base wheels for '13? These had bright spokes instead of black ones.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Saw a brand new Abarath 500 today on the way into work. Both man driving and lady passenger were really big people and look uncomfortable in that little ugly auto. Still not impressed with it.

Saw a silver V6 5th gen Camaro w/ what looked like a set of 5 spoke steel wheels that I didn't recongnize...did they change the base wheels for '13? These had bright spokes instead of black ones.

All 2013 Camaro wheels are new, except for the base LS's black steel wheels.

Different spokes and shapes. Maybe they were the new silver LT spokes.

All 2013 Camaro wheels are new, except for the base LS's black steel wheels.

Different spokes and shapes. Maybe they were the new silver LT spokes.

I was perusing the Camaro website yesterday, saw the new wheels...maybe someone painted the spokes on the black steel wheels..these had the trim rings, but w/ silver spokes. This was in a parking lot near my office, maybe I'll see it again..

Driving to campus today, saw a car (maybe 300 feet away) that reminded me of a Maserati from the front and a Jaguar from the back.

Turns out it was a Tesla Model S. Property of a professor or an administrator, I'm certain.

I saw a black 2012/2013 Chevy Caprice PPV 9C3 (Detective) car on Route 1 today. Had tinted windows but did not appear to be a police vehicle (license plate was garden-variety letters/numbers, no special MG, SG or NF plates). I still like this design and don't see the Caprice PPV on the road much. The only Chevy dealer I knew that stocked them closed at the end of January.

Pontiacs this morning...saw a clean gray G8 GXP at my coffee shop, then a clean bright red '69 Firebird on the freeway, then a worn-out but still running 6000 STE in a parking lot...wasn't sure if it was primer gray or faded from some other color.

Meteor Gray (dark gray) new 2014 Mazda 6 decently dirty, leaving Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD while we were touring around.

SUCH a great looking car, right color and wheels especially. Definitely stood out in traffic amongst the blah.

Near Annapolis, MD on Wednesday afternoon, a black Cadillac XTS outside a Bob Evans fully covered...

...in a black cloth top, Vogue wheels, Vogue tires, peel & stick chrome trim, and gold emblems. Oh what a looker.

IMG_5894_zps0b3d1c8f.jpg

IMG_7211_zpse8a1e942.jpg

IMG_0872_zps17a74aba.jpg

caddycruiser, I love the Annapolis area. When I lived in Easton, I was over there most weekends.

I don't visit often, and while we were in Baltimore we thought why not. Great place to hang around, and reminded me a lot of Lewes in DE. Very nice spot.

Even if there are cloth topped, chrome stickered and Vogue tire'd XTS's nearby...

• Agree 1

CMax...well, at least it's more interesting than Camry circling the ring...

As awkward and weird as it may be.

Yeah...the Indy Car races I go to (except for the Indy 500) usually have Accords as pace cars..

Saw a couple Dodge Darts today---a white '63 2dr sedan and a faded bronze w/ brown top '73-74 4dr sedan. Also saw the new MKZ in the wild for the first time, a dark purplish red one at the grocery, light tan interior, the big moonroof slid back...a very striking looking car. Saw a very clean light blue and white '55-57 Chevy stepside pickup in traffic.

On the way back down the mountain from Skiing in 25" of over night fresh powder and still dumping up there I saw a International pickup truck in a gold color being put up on a flatbed as it clearly had broke down. Not sure how old it was but it reminded me of all those 40-50's era pickup trucks.

So we were over in Bucks County today to take the kiddies to Sesame Place for a special event. Took advantage of the nicer weather to take a leisurely drive afterwards. Here's some of my spots:

Stopped by Faulkner Buick GMC in Trevose, PA to see their Encore inventory, liked these two:

IMG_7008_zps8faafbcf.jpg

IMG_7011_zpse015e1a8.jpg

Tried my best to convince the wife how nice looking the Verano is, but she isn't having none of that:

IMG_7004_zpsc0ceea8b.jpg

Fell in love with this silver 2013 Sierra SLE 2500 HD Extended Cab:

IMG_7013_zps989c2e7a.jpg

If I wasn't so interested in the '14 Sierra, I'd really consider the current 2500 HD model.

On the way home through Bensalem, spotted this parked Oscar Meyer Weinermobile:

IMG_7024_zpsd48b098a.jpg

IMG_7025_zpse6eb3b39.jpg

I've seen these in passing on roadways but never this close in person. My 7 year old son was excited to see it, and if my 18 year old stepson was here he'd love seeing it in person too.

Final spotting was a 1959 Chevrolet Viking 40 (2-ton) chasis cab in a Croydon neighborhood (made a u-turn to get these pix):

IMG_7029_zpsb0ed431a.jpg

IMG_7030_zps510f9f84.jpg

I also checked out the 16k mile '01 Pontiac Firebird Formula I posted in the auction/classified section. Check out the album link there.

Sorry, no new sighting but I wanted to say I can't get that '59 Chevy Viking 40 off my mind! I know it once was listed on Craigslist for sale with a dilapated stake body on it (maybe a year ago), but it's not currently listed. Although I do prefer the '59 GMC version more, I'd be happy owning this Chevy. Here's the '59 GMC 370 for comparison:

800px-GMC_370.JPG

Saw a white and gray Local Motors Rally Fighter in traffic today, pretty cool.... I'd seen them in articles online and at a car show, but never in traffic...it's a wild-looking 4x4 coupe built here in AZ, I used to drive by their factory out in the Chand when I worked out there..