By William Maley

Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

March 27, 2013

Hyundai's flagship sedan has undergone a big refresh for the North American market this year, with the new 2014 Equus being shown at the New York Auto Show this week.

Outside, the 2014 Equus doesn't look that much different than the current model. The front bumper, grille, lights, and mirrors have been changed for the 2014 model. Moving inside, Hyundai has made some key changes including a new instrument cluster, steering wheel, center console, and a large 9.2-inch touchscreen in the dash. The Equus Ultimate model gets a 12.3-inch in the dash and two 9.2-inch screens for back seat passengers.

Under the hood, the 5.0L Tau V8 engine is left untouched. It produces 429 horsepower and 376 pound-feet of torque. The power goes through an eight-speed automatic to the rear wheels.

Hyundai has reworked the Equus' suspension to improve ride and handling characteristics. Sport feels more sporty while normal feels more comfortable.

Hyundai hasn't announced when the new Equus will go on sale, but it might sometime later this year.

Source: Hyundai

2014 Hyundai Equus 2
Album: 2014 Hyundai Equus
8 images
0 comments

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at william.maley@cheersandgears.com or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

Press Release is on Page 2

Click here to view the article

Love that screaming chicken on the airbag cover...LMAO

Sat in one at the autoshow. Joke interior. How can anyone take this car seriously? The interior updates look improved but if it is the same level of interior materials and such, it will still look like a dollar store version of a real lux car.

I guess if you hit a goldmine in the chinese buffet business, you might be the market for this car because i fail to see anyone else who would pony up for this.

"I guess if you hit a goldmine in the chinese buffet business, you might be the market for this car because I fail to see anyone else who would pony up for this."

- quote of the week.

:roflmao:

The Equus targets the S. Korean market primarily, I can't see it making much impact in NA. The Hyundai brand which is known in NA for cheap, disposable generics doesn't help.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

It just doesn't have the solid feel of the Lexus.. .much less the Germans or even Cadillac and Chrysler. Sure, it has more toys to play with than the Americans, but who cares about that if they fall off in your hands?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook