Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Damn you, Maisto!

Did you find them at a store? If so, where?

I havent picked up the G6 or Centieme yet.

I find them at either WalMart or preferrably Walgreens because they have a greater selection and are also individually-packed so I don't have to get a Scion xB so I can get a Cheyenne or what have you.

When I see extras, even of those I already have, I snatch them, especially if they're rarer, like the AUTOnomy or Saturn SKY. Also, at 2/$1.00, why not? I'll get my collection organized at some point and I'll let everyone know what extras I have in case someone really wants one.

They have them at most Wal*Marts, the o4 and Rev I've had

since like 2001. They were in some weird Road&Track

packaging, still Maisto just packaged in a bigger blister pack.

Tose look sweet. not the best quality toy car maker, (hot wheels is better, or johnny lightning) bu they're pretty good nonethless, I want some!

Hot Wheels is better quality-wise, but their offerings suck. All Mattel sells under the HW brand nowadays are toilet dragster cars and weird 'race' cars with stupid wheels. The Matchbox brand is nice though; I'm glad to see them putting out some nice mainstream cars, like the Escalade, Silverado, XC90, and Element. Even if I don't like some of the cars, they're out there, and that's cool.

Johnny Lightning, IMO, is unmatched in the price/quality realm. They're a little pricey MSRP ($3.99-4.99 per), but the retailers always clearance them out for no real reason. I recently picked up six diecasts (old Detroit iron and a Citroen DS19) for $10.00. I like Maisto simply because they put out the realistic cars.

BTW, I'm don't collect for the sake of collecting. I just get the cars I like. My girlfriend always rags on me for it simply because I have alot. But then again, she bought me a display case for Valentine's Day, so apparently its cool.

Oh, and to those with extra O4s...

Um...

Wanna trade/sell? :D

Hot Wheels is better quality-wise, but their offerings suck. All Mattel sells under the HW brand nowadays are toilet dragster cars and weird 'race' cars with stupid wheels. The Matchbox brand is nice though; I'm glad to see them putting out some nice mainstream cars, like the Escalade, Silverado, XC90, and Element. Even if I don't like some of the cars, they're out there, and that's cool.

Johnny Lightning, IMO, is unmatched in the price/quality realm. They're a little pricey MSRP ($3.99-4.99 per), but the retailers always clearance them out for no real reason. I recently picked up six diecasts (old Detroit iron and a Citroen DS19) for $10.00. I like Maisto simply because they put out the realistic cars.

BTW, I'm don't collect for the sake of collecting. I just get the cars I like. My girlfriend always rags on me for it simply because I have alot. But then again, she bought me a display case for Valentine's Day, so apparently its cool.

Um...

Yep, Johnny Lightning rocks, I have a few cars made by them. A `71 Cuda, Oldmobile Cutlass, Pontiac Firebird (all classic styles). I have a Ford Eliminator too, and probably a few others that i can't think of atm.

Edited by Dodgefan

Um...

Yea, I agree with that. I only buy what I really like. I mostly buy Johnny Lightnings because of the detail. I do have the O4 and Profile concepts, and Matchbox has started putting out some real cars again. They seem to do more modern cars, and not just sport/muscle cars. I like seeing average sedans and wagons. I just wish I would have bought the Matchbox Charger when I saw it now that I know Johnny Lightning cancelled thiers. My g/f says I have too many cars, but she's at fault for reigniting my passion in them in the first place. She bought me the Johnny Lightning Super 70s set with the 77 Cutlass Supreme for Christmas a couple years ago.

• 2 months later...

I remember when Matchbox was always best if you liked trucks and construction equipment (still got tons of HW and MB toys around my parent's house). But seriously I prefer scale models from Revell and the like. There's just a certain "coolness" from building your own, you know?

But seriously I prefer  scale models from Revell and the like.  There's just a certain "coolness" from building your own, you know?

Clearly, you're not someone that has my model-building skill...I think it can be quantified as a Skill Level .008.

Guest YellowJacket894

What about the best one?

Posted Image

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have this one.

Ever since that concept debuted, I was hoping, praying, that someone would make a 1/18th scale model of it.

And the result was that stupid, chintzy little Wal-Mart imitation. :nono:

• 2 months later...

Wow, the thread came back.

Yeah, Iv seen a Hy-Wire and AUTOnomy in the jumbo packs, but I dont want a box of cars.

I still have not seen an SS, G6 concept, or Centieme.

I have however, gotten a Cadillac Sixteen, both from this Maisto collection, and from Hotwheels. 8)