Sign in to follow this  
William Maley

New York Auto Show: 2014 Dodge Durango

By William Maley

Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

March 28, 2013

Dodge's three-row crossover gets a refresh to help pull it into the current lineup of Dodge vehicles for 2014.

Starting outside, the 2014 Durango an updated grille, raised front bumper, new projector-beam headlights with available LED daytime running lights, and a more sculpted hood. In the back, the Durango gains the LED light-bar taillamp setup seen on the Charger and Dart.

Inside, Dodge fits the latest version of Chrysler's UConnect infotainment system that can be viewed on a five-inch or 8.4-inch touchscreen. Also new is a seven-inch screen in the instrument cluster.

Powertrains are carried over. The base engine is Chrysler's 3.6L Pentastar V6 with 290 horsepower. Optional is the 5.7L HEMI V8 with 360 horsepower. New for this year is the eight-speed automatic transmission for both engines. Teamed with a new Eco mode, Dodge says the new Durango is 9% more efficient than the outgoing model.

The 2014 Durango arrives at dealers at the end of this year.

Source: Dodge

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at william.maley@cheersandgears.com or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

Press Release is on Page 2

Click here to view the article

Very excited by this updated Durango. I love the new tweaks and yet so masculine for a SUV's. I think we will see this sell very well for Dodge.

I am baffled by the rumblings of discontinuation for this model. It is very well executed, imo.

I really like the new tail lights, ties it together with the family, plus makes it look more distinctive. I liked that they didn't really mess with the front end. Interior upgrades are what I was expecting, and that's a good thing.

Overall I really do love this Durango, I agree with Ocnblu that I too am baffled by the chatter of discontinuing this lovely ride. They really did take the interior to the next leve, the dash and flow of the everything is really well executed and makes this a great drivers SUV.

One thing that I see now more than ever in the Front End is the Cyclon look.

I feel like I should be seeing a red glowing eye in the middle of the grill going back and forth from side to side. :P

Over all I do really like the look front, rear, side and 3/4 profile. This is a great auto.

One thing I wonder about, is that 3rd eye in the lower air damn an infra red sensor or is it part of the excessive nanny devices to cause your car to break early and sense the traffic when you are on cruise control. I so hate the excessive nanny devices.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook