Head room, rear 35.70 (907)

Shoulder room, front 53.10 (1349)

Shoulder room, rear 49.30 (1252)

Hip room, front 49.40 (1255)

Hip room, rear 46.30 (1176)

Leg room, front 42.00 (1067)

Leg room, rear 32.20 (818)

Specs

Turning diameter, curb-to-curb -- 33.5ft (10.2m)

Curb weight, lbs. (kg) -- 2991 (1357)

Cargo volume, cu. ft. (liters) -- 13.9 (393.6)

Fuel capacity, gallons (liters) -- 13 (49)

Seating capacity (front/rear) -- 2/3

Wheels

15" (38.1 cm) steel with full bolt-on wheel covers

Posted Image

17" (43.2 cm) painted aluminum

Posted Image

16" (40.6 cm) machined-face aluminum

Posted Image

For equipment details...

Please visit the Pontiac G5 Ordering Guide.

Actually...it isn't the same.  The taillamps look different.

Also, Cobalt gets an MCE this fall...think a new rear to match the coupe is in the works?

I know the G5 is supposedly supposed to be a stopgap until GM can get Pontiac a better compact, but I still think not nearly enough was done to differenciate the car. Anyway, if the Cobalt sedan is gonna get a rear end to match the coupe it should look better. STill, you gotta admit they look similar.

Posted Image

Posted Image

i dont think this is a solution.

its a pontiac, not a chevy so it has that going for it...

not to compare apples to oranges, the trans am and the camaro were virtually the same too. i say virtually

to me anyway, it seems the same way. just much more less so.

who knows, a lot of people just dislike the chevy brand...well see what the sales say i guess.

It does the same thing the LX470, LH- New Yorker, Saturn RELAY, Acura SLX, and the entire Isuzu lineup does - ask why? And then asks to be shot.

You also forgot all Mercury's, the Pontiac Montana and Torrent, etc. The wheel covers look nice; the other wheels don't, and isn't it stupid and a quantum leap far backward that ABS is not standard or optional, but not even available on Base models? The Base G5, BTW is equal to Cobalt LT (2005 LS) and GT equals Cobalt non-supercharged SS. Expected, but still absolutely pitiful.

Guest YellowJacket894

Es muy miserables... :nono:

I bet that it still has that pitiful dual-port grille insert that looks like a horrible tacked-on afterthought.

And the whole "differentiated interior" promise that I recall reading in the reports...I bet it's a lie.

Damage Pontiac even more GM. You just want an excuse to kill another brand. <_<

Is anyone really surprised? We all knew it was a crappy rebadge of the Cobalt and nothing more like they said it was going to be.

The torrent, the Montana, and now this really make me wish for Pontiac to be put out of its misery sooner rather then later.

The Solstice and the G6 coupe/convertable really give me hope but that's only three models that I like out of the whole brand and that's not a good sign.

One can only hope that once the merger of GMC/Pontiac/and Buick dealerships takes place, those three models will be the only ones remaining and thus, allow GM to devote more money to each.

The torrent, the Montana, and now this really make me wish for Pontiac to be put out of its misery sooner rather then later.

Well, the idea for Pontiac to have an SUV wasn't really a bad idea, just that the Torrent was done incorrectly. Give it more features, a more car like handling significantly different from the Equinox, better powertrain and better interior, it would have been a decent competitor against the CX-7.

I wish the media an open field day on this one. Completely and utterly useless...and even less differentiated than the cavalier/sunfire...at least the sunfire looked strange.

Someone at GM doesn't realize that Pontiac is not the volume division. Differentiate the exterior/interior more, drop the 2.2L and make the 2.4L standard with an optional blown engine, and give it some nice features you can't get on the Cobalt and then you may be on to something.

All it is now is a shameful rebadge. (Ditto the Torrent).

I'm more curious as to the interior treatment.  Probably identical to the Canadian Pursuit, which is just the Sport Trim Cobalt interior with red gauges.

I hope they replaced the Chevy badge on the steering wheel with a Pontiac badge...

Well, thank the Pontiac dealers for this.

And quite a few, in fact numerous, Dodges are badge jobs.

The Stratus and Caravan are the only ones I can think of currently that would be 'badge jobs', though the Stratus sedan has a unique fascia and headlights (I don't know about the metal) from the Sebring sedan..

The Sprinter is also, but since the M-B version isn't sold here, it's less noticable..

Back from the mid-70s to the mid-90ss, pretty much anything Dodge and Plymouth (and Chrysler to a degree) were really badge engineered with each other with only trivial differences....

Well, as much as I hate to say it... If it helps keep Pontiac alive until new blood comes, then so be it.

(BTW, The Torrent seems to be REALLY picking up around here)

Same here, i think i see equinoxs, but they're really torrents.

they would really sell if GM had spent the extra money to really sportify the suspension and engines

this will be the case in a year or two, but it should have been this way since the beginning.

I wish the media an open field day on this one.  Completely and utterly useless...and even less differentiated than the cavalier/sunfire...at least the sunfire looked strange.

Someone at GM doesn't realize that Pontiac is not the volume division.  Differentiate the exterior/interior more, drop the 2.2L and make the 2.4L standard with an optional blown engine, and give it some nice features you can't get on the Cobalt and then you may be on to something.

All it is now is a shameful rebadge. (Ditto the Torrent).

I'm totally with you on this one! I'd like to see something styled and named after the 2000 Piranha concept-still wild and daring today, something Pontiac needs so bad.