Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

GMC production numbers, where to find official ones?

Just my luck! But it's awesome that you have the other years covered. I will file that in the back of my head should I need any of those years.

Does anyone else have any leads for me to look into? I've tried Google but the results weren't as factual as I'd like to believe and that I can use.

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok thank you, at least that much is more info than I had! What we have is an 84' shortbox, diesel, 4x4, black in color it originally had a blue flake in the paint. I've heard that order combination is super rare... None of my gear head friends have ever heard of another one. Is there any way possible to dig a little deeper into how many there were? I can follow any leads you give. Thanks! But if that's trails end I understand

Without official specific totals, I can’t imagine how anyone could qualify your truck as ‘really rare’, other than anecdotally. I don’t think you’re going to find tighter numbers, and as far as value goes, I don’t think it’ll be affected one way or another if the number is known. No dis meant, but its an ‘84.

Edited by balthazar

None taken, thanks for your information. My"rare" classification is what I've deducted from hearing square body enthusiasts talk about how they've not seen or heard of another one. I agree without any solid numbers these really no way of knowing, but hey any information is valuable to me. I couldn't find anything out from anyone else. 

Super clean- nice!
I drove this a few winters plowing for a buddy, short bed 4x4, tho it was a 350. It was a '91, tho I think that's a different year grille. Short WB worked well plowing, had mileage in the 90's in 2014 with a excellent condition red velour bench. Rust ate it apart tho, I believe it's dead now.

91 GMC plow.png

Edited by balthazar

20 hours ago, GMCman007 said:

These are the only ones I had in my new phone Drew, thanks for your interest.

IMG_20190530_131239.jpg

IMG_20190530_131229.jpg

IMG_20190530_131245.jpg

Sweet Ride, If you get a chance would love to see the interior and engine. That is a Really nice truck. 

Thank you for posting and sharing with us. :metal:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dfelt here are a few interiors, thanks everyone for the comments! It underwent a total restoration about 2 years ago. I just wish I knew a few more details about it's production. It's actually my mother's, the takes it to car shows so I'd like to do up a board for her. Balthazar, I drive a 93' Chevy for work everyday. That thing has been used extremely hard for a 2wd stick and keeps on ticking. It was just in the bad paint years so I have to rattle can it every year.

IMG_20190613_162307.jpg

IMG_20190613_162317.jpg

IMG_20190613_162341.jpg

IMG_20190613_162326.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

• 6 months later...

Nothing specific.
There were 2 series for '36 at GMC; the T-14 & the T-16L.
T-16L (3/4-ton) was only 1 model, a bare chassis.
T-14 (1/2-ton) was 3 models; the bare chassis, a cab/chassis and a pickup.

• Calendar year registrations for '36 GMC were 26,980.

• However, T-14 serial numbers for '36 ran from T-14-001 to T-14-11251, thusly narrowing '36 T-14 production to 11,251. As T-16L serial volume was 9,750, the remain volume (26,980 - 11,251 - 9,750=) 5,979 must imply heavier series GMCs (1-ton & up). There would also be a slight difference found in model year (serial) vs. calendar year (registration) numbers.

• 1 year later...
Guest 1985 GMC

Would like to know if anyone out there has 1985 GMC short bed step side pickup production numbers.   If you have it for 4wd, that would be even better.   Expecting delivery of a bright red one Sierra Classic model coming tomorrow.  Thanks.  

• 2 months later...
On 8/28/2021 at 11:30 PM, Guest 1985 GMC said:

Would like to know if anyone out there has 1985 GMC short bed step side pickup production numbers.   If you have it for 4wd, that would be even better.   Expecting delivery of a bright red one Sierra Classic model coming tomorrow.  Thanks.  

Only number I can find is: 105,651 C & K pickups built for '85, but that would include 1/2-ton, 3/4-ton & 1-tonners..

4 hours ago, Guest GMC 2500HD said:

Good Afternoon Trying to find production numbers for  the model year 2005 GMC 2500HD SLE 4X4 8.1 LITER Thank you  

I was just chatting with there GMC virtual assistant the other day RE my '21's production numbers, but they're still technically in production. For 2005, I would try GMC.com's virtual assistant.

• 5 months later...
Guest mertsbadarms

Anyone tell me how rare or what it may be worth?  73 GMC 1/2 ton Serria Grande with the original 454 all numbers matching with the typical rust issues. I'm the second owner and it has 78,000 miles on it. Runs fantastic!

• 11 months later...
Guest Phxphk

How many2023, GMC Sierra  1500 AT4’s in Sand dune metallic were produced.

I wonder because they are not producing that color after 2023. I am currently an owner of one and would like to know if the value would increase because they only produced from the refresh 2022 and a partial 2023 production.