Impala - 40 thou????????

True GM should offer a Diesel but they alone will not save them. At this point most MFG other than Honda will resort to all sorts of things to solved this dilemma.

Now you know why many Auto leaders get so little sleep of late.

GM Needs a Torquey High Mileage V4, V6, and V8 Diesel for small and large trucks and SUV's. They could have a better image if they actually advertised their 22MPG Hybrid SUV Tahoe, Yukon & Escalade. This beats their 15mpg versions. Yet GM seems to not really want to do Hybrids. The VOLT system should be in a Suburban, this is a perfect place for this type of power train.

GM should also be pushing more for CNG. They have brought out products but no marketing and the dealerships are really not into doing it either. Lost opportunity to make clean burning engines.

They could have a better image if they actually advertised their 22MPG Hybrid SUV Tahoe, Yukon & Escalade. This beats their 15mpg versions.

For $54K (Tahoe), it's not going to help the image any. It hasn't in 6 years, anyway.

They could have a better image if they actually advertised their 22MPG Hybrid SUV Tahoe, Yukon & Escalade. This beats their 15mpg versions.

For $54K (Tahoe), it's not going to help the image any. It hasn't in 6 years, anyway.

$54K for a Tahoe 2-Mode Hybrid?! WTF? Why would anyone pay that much?

GM would be better off following Ford's lead and have a much more MPG-friendly turbo v6 (or a TTV6) unstead and count the extra profits from higher sales. I do hope that the new Corvette engine will find its way to the trucks within a MY or two.

But niether has their $50K regular gas version. People who use these auto's are still buying them but as far as gaining new ones, they need to take a volt approach to the full size SUV's and still give hit towing capability while doubling the gas mileage and they will see sales.

I am not sold on the tubo V6 engines like some others here are. I remember the first round of Turbo 4 bangers and v6's from the 80 and while things have gotten better in build quality, the mileage under real world driving does not improve that much.

GM offering a volt drive train and diesels/CNG in the full size will get much better results and green credentials.

Public preception is very important and right now People want their big roomy auto's but also a bit of green. I think they could do better on this front.

I am not sold on the tubo V6 engines like some others here are. I remember the first round of Turbo 4 bangers and v6's from the 80 and while things have gotten better in build quality, the mileage under real world driving does not improve that much.

The 80s...? As I was reminded last week, that was approximately 30 years ago.

GM offering a volt drive train and diesels/CNG in the full size will get much better results and green credentials.

Public preception is very important and right now People want their big roomy auto's but also a bit of green. I think they could do better on this front.

You can not compare 1980's to today anymore than you would compare a X body to the new Impala.

The GM turbo 4 cylinders have been out since 2008 and have been no more an issue than any other engine. Things like better bearings in the turbo and water cooling have solved most of the turbo issues. As for the engine the 3.8 and 2.0 of the 80's are paper weights compared to how they are built today.

With only a change in rods and pistons you can build a reliable daily driver with the present 2.0 Turbo up to 500 Hp.

You really need to read up and catch up on what all todays turbo engines have and use that keep them alive.

Hell my daily driver will do 23 PSI of boost with no issue and retains it's 100,000 mile warranty. I have seen many of these engines already well over 100,000 trouble free miles.

• Agree 1

VW is running around 30% production in diesels. If GM makes the Cruze right, they'll find the love. Mazda too.

Err.... Right.

Problem is Chevy is not German or VW.

Besides 30% is far too few. Where is the other MPG going to come from? Is GM and the other going to higher Penn and Teller?

i will guess about 5% of cruze production is diesel. Reason? Standard leather and a 25k price tag.

Oddly enough, today, diesel is 40 cents cheaper than gas a a few stations in these parts.

i think Chevy will be just fine sticking with v8's in the trucks and the new v6. I don't think GM -needs- to do a gas turbo truck. GM would benefit from a light duty diesel i think.

I suppose the Taurus Drew speced out has massage seats too. Notice the AWD. And go to any Ford dealer that is worth its salt and by July that Taurus will be 10 grand off.

First more people want leather than Diesel so I really see this as a hollow complaint. The fact is most Americans are just no in love with Diesels at this time and GM has a big job to sell them on why they need them. This is not a lets build them and they will come deal. As for the price we all knew going in they would not be cheaper Lutz warned of that years ago.

The V8 and V6 are fine for now but GM has to do some major changes to the 1/2 ton line in the next 10 years. This is why I suspect the new Colorado and Ford Ranger may play a part of the NA market. They are not close to full size just by chance is my feeling. Could they be the first down size of the 1/2 ton truck testing the waters for how people react to them? I think if things go well for Chevy the Ranger may just arrive too in short order. The MFG are very afraid of what will be come of the 1/2 ton high profit segment. The heavy trucks are less affected and I suspect we may see the full size truck gain a light 3/4 ton?

The Ford Taurus he spec'd out was the near equal to a LTZ. These are not the meat of the segment. GM has already stated the LT 1-2 will make up most of the sales and they will be nicely optioned and much cheaper in the mid

$30K range.

This is going to be like the 60's and early 70's where not everyone bought the Caprice and most bought the Impala. The LTZ is just a modern Caprice. Maybe they should have named it such for anyone who remembers or cares.

making people pay for leather is a barrier to purchase when the price of the diesel powertrain alone will jack up the real transaction price of the car vs. a gas only version. I would think they would want the diesel to be successful, and at least give you the chance to get it without. Almost like they planned to give it a chance of failure.

Edited by regfootball
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

making people pay for leather is a barrier to purchase when the price of the diesel powertrain alone will jack up the real transaction price of the car vs. a gas only version. I would think they would want the diesel to be successful, and at least give you the chance to get it without. Almost like they planned to give it a chance of failure.

If someone is really wanting a Diesel I do not see where they will bulk at the standard leather seats. You would be surprised as how little it would lower the sticker if they removed them.

Chevy in all Cruze models has offered extra items at a slight increase in cost to make the cars more of a value and appealing and so far the sales have been positive. There were those in GM that even with good sales were pressing top discontent the cars in the old GM way. Lutz points this out in his book.

If you skip the car because of the leather you really did not want it that bad anyways.

Sales on this car is only going to be a small percentage of sales and the lack of a manual and the addition of leather will account for the loss of less than 1 percent of all Cruze sales if even that many.

Now if they were pushing numbers like in Europe then that would be another story.

The next topic on this car now that it is on the market will be how to get Americans to change their mind on Diesel cars. This segment is just like Electric cars and has to be grown as the call for diesels is about as great as it is for manual tannys outside of sports cars.

With some life changes coming up, the diesel Cruze has crept onto my list of potential vehicles... unless Chrysler wants to try and take a swing with a 300D.

A Diesel Chrysler 300? I doubt they would sell it here. Maybe GM and Chrysler should sell all their diesel cars in Europe (once the car market actually recovers) and seed them a little more here. The problem with diesel around here (SW FL) is that diesel often costs as much as premium and only one of every five gas stations NOT on the interstate have diesel pumps.

Diesel has also not kept pace with gas as far as price goes. Diesel here in NJ was running about 20-22 cents over regular, currently it's running 40 cents over. Hard to believe that's merely demand (I know refining allotments vary, too).

Saw the '14 Impala at a Chevy traveling exhibit in MD this weekend. Looks pretty snappy- as far as interior/exterior goes, the car could support $40K, IMO. What's left is the option & powertrain list, and refinement WRT justifying the top sticker.

With some life changes coming up, the diesel Cruze has crept onto my list of potential vehicles... unless Chrysler wants to try and take a swing with a 300D.

A Diesel Chrysler 300? I doubt they would sell it here. Maybe GM and Chrysler should sell all their diesel cars in Europe (once the car market actually recovers) and seed them a little more here. The problem with diesel around here (SW FL) is that diesel often costs as much as premium and only one of every five gas stations NOT on the interstate have diesel pumps.

It's already being talked about at Chrysler apparently. They already build it as a Lancia in Europe and uses the same engine the Diesel Grand Cherokee is getting so it's not like it needs any design work to be completed. It just needs to be certified for the US.

Who cares if the cost per gallon of diesel is the same as premium? I can go 50% further per gallon and still have Hemi like torque.

Also, who cares about how often you find stations that sell diesel? I could drive from Pittsburgh to Philly and back on a single tank (about 600 miles). If you're in your own area, you quickly learn all the stations that have diesel. If you're in an unfamiliar area, never let the tank go below 1/2 before you fill it and download a NAV app that locates diesel stations for you.

Those are just excuses for refusing change.

For what it is worth Motor Trend did a face off with the

Impala $39,505

300E $40,625

Taurus $33,490

Cadenza $41,900

Avalon. $42,719

The Impala just got tweaked by the new media darling the Cadenza.

The Impala did better in all performance and ride areas. They lost out on subjective material like the silly steering wheel [i agree] and the hard back seat { do not agree].

The 300e and Taurus were 4th and 5th overall. The 300 they said felt as heavy as it was poor interior room and low MPG [V6] and the Taurus need redone as it loses like I have said before in the interior as the dash and console make you feel cramped in. They said if you want to save money go mid size.

I think with a few small changes the Impala will do very well. It is the best looing of the group right with the 300. As for price it is right in the ball park with others. I am not sure why they chose such a base Ford to go with the others top line cars. But to be fair it did not finish 5th because of the price.

GM really could have done better with the steering wheel.

It's already being talked about at Chrysler apparently. They already build it as a Lancia in Europe and uses the same engine the Diesel Grand Cherokee is getting so it's not like it needs any design work to be completed. It just needs to be certified for the US.

Who cares if the cost per gallon of diesel is the same as premium? I can go 50% further per gallon and still have Hemi like torque.

Also, who cares about how often you find stations that sell diesel? I could drive from Pittsburgh to Philly and back on a single tank (about 600 miles). If you're in your own area, you quickly learn all the stations that have diesel. If you're in an unfamiliar area, never let the tank go below 1/2 before you fill it and download a NAV app that locates diesel stations for you.

In the real world most people are not like you. Most have no idea who the Vice President is let alone what stations have what. Also so many people drive on E and never fill up that never letting it below is not an option since so many never go over full.

For diesels to make it in a big way here you will have to convince people they want then and that they have to have them. The American public for the most do not care and are perfectly happy with their gas engines. GM and the others really need to build a case for these engines and sell it to the public like they did FWD in the early 80's. Make it so they think, know and feel better off to have such an engine. Till then it will just fill a niche with those who really understand or even care.

In the real world most people are not like you. Most have no idea who the Vice President is let alone what stations have what. Also so many people drive on E and never fill up that never letting it below is not an option since so many never go over full.

Yes, the American general public is painfully stupid., Intelligent people buy diesels, the car makers should target them rather than the ignorant masses..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Impala $39,505

300E $40,625

Taurus $33,490

Cadenza $41,900

Avalon. $42,719

The Impala did better in all performance and ride areas. They lost out on subjective material like the silly steering wheel [i agree] and the hard back seat { do not agree].

The 300e and Taurus were 4th and 5th overall. The 300 they said felt as heavy as it was poor interior room and low MPG [V6] and the Taurus need redone as it loses like I have said before in the interior as the dash and console make you feel cramped in. They said if you want to save money go mid size.

I think with a few small changes the Impala will do very well. It is the best looing of the group right with the 300. As for price it is right in the ball park with others. I am not sure why they chose such a base Ford to go with the others top line cars. But to be fair it did not finish 5th because of the price.

steering wheel on the Impala to me is just fine. It's no reason to lose a comparo.

What the hell is a Cadenza? Can I put file folders in it?

Plus, it's ugly, has no history, and is a Kia.

Screw M/T. My old boss who GM's the Chevy store now posted the other day about how awesome the new Impy is to drive.

I do think a diesel Malibu or Impala would do well also. A nice good sized 4 cyl turbo diesel in the Impala should run mid forties on highway mpg.

Current Taurus is really popular here. I do think a reskin instead of a full redo would do the trick, but it sounds like they will make the next Taurus on the Fusion platform. The Police Interceptor is all over around here too. Most of those and the Explorer ones are AWD. Even the cops have AWD now.

Edited by regfootball

Yes, the American general public is painfully stupid., Intelligent people buy diesels, the car makers should target them rather than the ignorant masses..

On issue we need more sales than smart can provide. Profits are made on the stupid. LOL!

Impala $39,505

300E $40,625

Taurus $33,490

Cadenza $41,900

Avalon. $42,719

steering wheel on the Impala to me is just fine. It's no reason to lose a comparo.

What the hell is a Cadenza? Can I put file folders in it?

Plus, it's ugly, has no history, and is a Kia.

Screw M/T. My old boss who GM's the Chevy store now posted the other day about how awesome the new Impy is to drive.

I do think a diesel Malibu or Impala would do well also. A nice good sized 4 cyl turbo diesel in the Impala should run mid forties on highway mpg.

Current Taurus is really popular here. I do think a reskin instead of a full redo would do the trick, but it sounds like they will make the next Taurus on the Fusion platform. The Police Interceptor is all over around here too. Most of those and the Explorer ones are AWD. Even the cops have AWD now.

I agree but as I said the difference was mostly subjective and often it ends up that way between 1st and 2nd. In the past the Impala was 5th and it generally was more than subjective.

As for the wheel it is ugly and there is no subjective about it. But that is easy to fix.

Truly looks/beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To long term GM buyers, the Steering wheel is comfortable and probably fine, to conquest buyers, it could be the most ugly thing in the world.

Impala $39,505

300E $40,625

Taurus $33,490

Cadenza $41,900

Avalon. $42,719

I have a few issues with the 300, but the interior room and MPG are not it. The 300 regularly gets me over 32mpg on my Pittsburgh-Columbus-Pittsburgh runs while the Taurus just barely squeaks by with 27 (and a 2.5 Malibu with 30). I am very careful about the speed limit on this route because it is generally loaded with cops. I set it at 65mph and forget it... so my runs are very consistent.

Everyone I talk to who has sat in the new Impala hates the steering wheel... it is such a huge and instant sticking point for people that I hope GM swaps it out with a corporate unit pronto.

I sat in two Impala's so far, one at the NYIAS and another at a dealership that left the door unlocked (Sunday visit). I don't have any memory of the steering wheel irking me, so I looked it up:

2014-Chevrolet-Impala-Steering-Wheel.jpg

Yes, I will say it looks goofy. It's designed to match the other side of the dash though. If there's enough backlash about it I'm sure GM will swap it out.

BTW... as I've been price shopping high mpg cars recently, the Impala should really get the 2 liter diesel from the Cruze. Jetta TDI and Cruze diesel pricing is remarkably similar when both are automatic (which is how most are bought anyway). Impala would be at a price disadvantage to the base Passat TDI... but that will be true on any trim/engine combo between those two cars.

Truly looks/beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To long term GM buyers, the Steering wheel is comfortable and probably fine, to conquest buyers, it could be the most ugly thing in the world.

I like the steering wheel, it reminds me of Impalas of old.

What is more egregious inside the Impala is the quality of some plastics, and stuff like how cheap and barren the sides of the console are, how dumb the plood is, and the grain on the plastics too.

Edited by regfootball

I sat in two Impala's so far, one at the NYIAS and another at a dealership that left the door unlocked (Sunday visit). I don't have any memory of the steering wheel irking me, so I looked it up:

Yes, I will say it looks goofy. It's designed to match the other side of the dash though. If there's enough backlash about it I'm sure GM will swap it out.

The more I look at this Photo, the more it smiles at me with the chrome strip in the steering wheel. Weird is why are so many people hung up on chrome. I like the monochromatic look best myself, MB and BMW have made billions on this compared to chrome which always seems to rust and be much more maintenance.

Well I don't think this one will rust.

The chrome in many cases with the general public is seen as something that is perceived more upscale since most base models are mono chrome. At least in America. It is amazing what a few plastic chrome strips will do to the opinion of many buyers. Lutz details this in his book and if you note he has left a lot of chrome trim in most places he has been lately.

I am ok with the chrome on the wheel but the large plastic center just looks cheap. For what it is worth the Benz wheel has looked cheap for many years in many of their models.

I would have been ok if they just used the Malibu or Nox wheel with some contrasting colors and a smaller center. The outer rim looks fine.

The Malibu wheel is the one that looks ugly and GM uses this on most of their cars.

Notice on the uplevel impala trims the additional sizzle the extra chrome adds.

Isn't some of the window chrome on this car actually more of a brushed metal?

Went to a dealer today, they only had ltz. I want to see the LS and LT1.

The smiley on the impala wheel is a design that goes in concert with the shiny sweeps on the dash. The character of the sweeps is like that of the impala logo and their shape reminds you of motion and legs of the impala.

Edited by regfootball

• 3 months later...

That is insane, I would never pay that much for an Impala. It has never been associated with luxury cars in the past I don't know what would make them think people are going to spend that much money on a car that isn't widely considered luxury at all.

$39.5K puts it at exactly the same price point as a fully loaded Toyota Avalon. For a car in the 20s, customers would be put in a Malibu. Not a bad pricing strategy if the car is indeed worthy.

As far as the Taurus, Ford isn't moving too many of them. The Fusion & Focus is where most of the sales go.

Taurus sales have been a disappointment for Ford and it is due for a make over.

While it sells ok It is not in the numbers they had predicted. It is kind of their Malibu.

Here I have seen a lot of Impala's already and to my surprise they have been the loaded models not the $32K ones.

The sad part is an average car s $35k anymore no matter the make and the reality the Impala is not just an average car anymore. You have got to pay to play.

With the number of people paying around $40K or more for a Denali Terrain or more for the Acadia I see no issue with the $40K here with buyers. The only ones that will be mad are the ones happy with the W model that had many issues.

Edited by hyperv6

BTW... as I've been price shopping high mpg cars recently, the Impala should really get the 2 liter diesel from the Cruze. Jetta TDI and Cruze diesel pricing is remarkably similar when both are automatic (which is how most are bought anyway). Impala would be at a price disadvantage to the base Passat TDI... but that will be true on any trim/engine combo between those two cars.

It should get the TT version of the same engine used in the Astra and Insignia IMHO...

Taurus sales have been a disappointment for Ford and it is due for a make over.

While it sells ok It is not in the numbers they had predicted. It is kind of their Malibu.

Here I have seen a lot of Impala's already and to my surprise they have been the loaded models not the $32K ones.

The sad part is an average car s $35k anymore no matter the make and the reality the Impala is not just an average car anymore. You have got to pay to play.

With the number of people paying around $40K or more for a Denali Terrain or more for the Acadia I see no issue with the $40K here with buyers. The only ones that will be mad are the ones happy with the W model that had many issues.

Everyone always forgets, GM's recipe up til just a bit ago has been

$h!ty Impala + not king of the class Malibu = x sales.

Ford has been

buttload of Fusions + a handful of Taurus = probably about the same as GM.

I really don't think Ford is all bent out of shape about actual Taurus sales as that platform is used more for the crossovers and now of course Ford don't care if they sell a Taurus or a Police Interceptor. It's still a unit.

Hyundai sells buttloads of Sonatas and a handful of Azeras. Camry / Avalon, Altima / Maxima is a similar thing.

There are customers that do like the added heft of the Taurus over of the Fusion. And some folks don't like the 3 window styling. Taurus also offers the TT v6.

GM's total Malibu + Impala volume may go down if they don't keep fleeting the old model. Malibu won't sell well no matter how much incentives it gets, so at some point the new Impala prices will not sustain. You'll see new Impala LS's next summer with OTD prices around 23-24k. Probably comparable equipment wise to an OTD 21-22k Fusion.

Edited by regfootball

Ford fully expects the Fusion to out sell the Taurus but they are still expecting better numbers for the Taurus.

Just as Chevy had expected Impala Sales to be less than before and the Malibu to increase as the volume leader. This is no secret but MFG still expect specific numbers to be met and Ford is already moving to make major changes in the Taurus to improve it's numbers.

The Taurus is much like the Malibu at Chevy and not horrible sales but not as good as expected.

I would not hold my breath on Impala priced at $23K. If sales are good the prices will remain closer to $30K at the low end.

You have to keep in mind what cars are going for $23K and nothing close to the Impala class is that cheap unless it is a sales flop.

Edited by hyperv6

The more I look at this Photo, the more it smiles at me with the chrome strip in the steering wheel. Weird is why are so many people hung up on chrome. I like the monochromatic look best myself, MB and BMW have made billions on this compared to chrome which always seems to rust and be much more maintenance.

The chrome on the wheel is all that is good. The center is just flat and has no real design to it. Kind of reminds me of the crummy wheels the German cars had in the70's.

The Taurus' interior is compromised in the same way the Malibu's is.... all that car with such relatively small feeling interior room. The Passat feels much larger and airy in a car that feels smaller on the outside than the Taurus.

• Agree 1

The Taurus is much worse than any of the cars names. The console is so wide and the dash comes out so far it take much of the open air feel of the car.

Note how the Impala and even the Malibu have dashes that do not intrude. The Malibu's major issues were the back seat and to be honest if the last model had not has as much room as it did few would have complained. I am ready to test the new redesign and see how it has changed things.

Ford fully expects the Fusion to out sell the Taurus but they are still expecting better numbers for the Taurus.

Just as Chevy had expected Impala Sales to be less than before and the Malibu to increase as the volume leader. This is no secret but MFG still expect specific numbers to be met and Ford is already moving to make major changes in the Taurus to improve it's numbers.

The Taurus is much like the Malibu at Chevy and not horrible sales but not as good as expected.

I would not hold my breath on Impala priced at $23K. If sales are good the prices will remain closer to $30K at the low end.

You have to keep in mind what cars are going for $23K and nothing close to the Impala class is that cheap unless it is a sales flop.

my old boss and buddy who gm's the chevy store is fetching 27 for impala LS right now. 10 months from now it will have bigger discounts and more rebates and will be able to be had for 24-25k.

http://www.appleautos.com/2014-Chevrolet-Impala-1LS-Northfield-MN/vd/16363248

The Taurus is much worse than any of the cars names. The console is so wide and the dash comes out so far it take much of the open air feel of the car.

Note how the Impala and even the Malibu have dashes that do not intrude. The Malibu's major issues were the back seat and to be honest if the last model had not has as much room as it did few would have complained. I am ready to test the new redesign and see how it has changed things.

the 08-12 malibu rear seat is tight also....moreso in width. gm cannot do backseats to save it's life

"

"Sales for the sixth generation Taurus are projected to be around 50,000 to 75,000 annually, as Ford planned a lower volume to avoid steep discounts/incentives. Previous iterations of the Taurus, which were classified as midsize cars, had sold 400,000 vehicles per year at their peak in the 1990s"

Ford is easily meeting it's designed sales goals for the 2010+ Taurus. When Ford moved the Taurus up in the lineup in 2008, it was with the purpose of drastically reducing volume. You have to remember the plant its built in makes other models.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Taurus_(sixth_generation)

When I was selling, my used car manager had been at the chevy store for awhile, this was back in like 08-10. He said the Impala majorly outsold the Malibu in the showroom at that time, even though the Impala was a fossil. That was in a time when what, 70% of Impala's sales were fleet? Ford was probably moving more retail units Fusion alone at the time than Malibu plus Impala. Both the Impala and Malibu were retail stinkers. So to suggest Ford was flopping is presposterous considering GM could hardly move any Impala or Malibu units even then in comparison, and with anything resembling profit. The fact that Ford could take a car like the Taurus and in a few short years move it from a 16k loss leader to a car that people would pay mid thirties for in the showroom is quite amazing. One could argue that GM is copying Ford in doing that. Ford is pleasantly happy to sell a few Taurus and MKS on a now old platform for big money (plus the Flex, MKt, etc.) on the side of selling what is now 300k Fusions a year. Ford basically schooled GM big time.

New Impala is the only mid or large size chevy sedan that GM has been able to generate major showroom buzz with and make real money on in YEARS. Maybe since the 77 Impala / Caprice.

Edited by regfootball

my old boss and buddy who gm's the chevy store is fetching 27 for impala LS right now. 10 months from now it will have bigger discounts and more rebates and will be able to be had for 24-25k.

http://www.appleautos.com/2014-Chevrolet-Impala-1LS-Northfield-MN/vd/16363248

>The Taurus is much worse than any of the cars names. The console is so wide and the dash comes out so far it take much of the open air feel of the car.

the 08-12 malibu rear seat is tight also....moreso in width. gm cannot do backseats to save it's life

If you think so.

Here they are not budging on price much and they sell them as soon as they come in.

If GM can sell an Impala for 40K than more power to them. They need to also remember the starter needs and make sure there are small cars and trucks of quality in the 15-18K range to get young people into the fold. Make sure they are fun and exciting and people will get back into the habit of buying auto's.

Biggest problem is that todays youth would rather be wasting time with the garbage of Facebook, sexting and other crap than seeing the area they live in and hanging out with friends and learning how to have social skills of interacting with people. This is our current LOST GENERATION of AUTO buyers. This is what will hurt the auto industry if they do not get the youth into seeing the auto as what it is, a Freedom machine.

Just got back from a friends wedding in Santa Barbra CA and I drove down in two days and back in two days. Now that my friend is married and they are driving up since all her stuff was moved up by movers, they have been on the road for two days and only made it to Yreka just south of the Oregon boarder. Be interesting to hear why it took them so long. I suspect his new wife is not a road trip person considering that her whole life has been in Santa Barbra and she has never gone any place else.

Auto Industry has got to show how good auto's like the Impala are for more than just in town driving. Get out and see America!