• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

William Maley

Cadillac News: Rumorpile: 3 Crossovers For 1 Cadillac

William Maley

Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

August 29, 2013

Currently in the Cadillac lineup, there is only one crossover, the SRX. But a new report from Reuters says that lineup will grow to three by 2017.

Three automotive supplier sources who know of Cadillac's plans say that a replacement for the midsize SRX will be the first model to arrive around in 2016. A year after, a small and large crossover will bookend the midsize model.

Why three crossovers? Cadillac is in the middle of fleshing out its product lineup to better compete with the likes of the German automakers in the U.S. and in China. With the likes of Audi, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz adding crossovers of all sizes to satisfy the need of crossovers, Cadillac wants a slice of that.

Source: Reuters

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at william.maley@cheersandgears.com or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

View full article

Hopefully SRX goes to Alpha platform. I could see them doing a Gamma or Delta based crossover to take on the GLA, then SRX gets redone off teh Equinox platform and a Lambda crossover is added. But what good does 3 FWD crossovers do them? Plus Lambda came out in 2007, is Cadillac going to get a version of it in 2016, it will be really dated by then.

I read somewhere that SRX is moving to Lambda, but the next generation Lambda will be combined with Epsilon.

Well this is what I do know.

The Omega will supply one of the Crossovers if what GM is indicating is correct.

The first Omega is the LTS sedan in 3rd QRT 2015 as a 2016. The next will be a Crossover Omega for Cadillac. Then they will follow with coupe and or convertible.

So where does the Omega crossover slot in? Above the Escalade? And can Cadillac support 2 SUVs in high price range, when their previous high dollar offerings have failed. I'm seeing a $30k small crossover, a new SRX at $40k and a Lambda crossover at $50k. That way they can keep the Escalade at $65k as their top SUV. And is Escalade is going to have a word for a name, then all Cadillacs should. It makes no sense to make a BRX, SRX, CRX, Subaru WRX, or XRX or whatever they come up with for the 3 crossovers, then call the other SUV Escalade. Everything should have a name, Alphabet soup names have failed Cadillac and Lincoln, Infiniti has a mess of a naming structure too. These companies so desperately want to copy the Germans they will do anything.

Be interesting to see what the compact CUV will be as well as the so called full size since the SRX is mid size.

If a sub-SRX crossover is coming from Cadillac, I hope to hell it isn't as staggeringly cheap as the bmw X3 I was checking out today, because if it's as little as twice as good, I'd rather they skip that segment entirely.

No! No! I don't want a Caddy cross over! I don't know if it's just me but I feel like crossovers have very limited appeal, so I don't think it would be a good business move.

No! No! I don't want a Caddy cross over! I don't know if it's just me but I feel like crossovers have very limited appeal, so I don't think it would be a good business move.

The SRX has been Cadillac's best selling model in the United States since 2010. Crossovers have the largest appeal of pretty much any vehicle category out there.

• Upvote 1

Sheeple love crossovers.

Crossovers = safety

Crossovers = prestige

Crossovers = more passenger space

I agree there is a mass appeal it seems for these. The first time I was in one, it felt like I was in the belly of a june bug. The ride was better than I expected but it had a sort of old fashioned "station wagon" feel to it (in a rounder, wider sort of way). Maybe that is the appeal.

Sheeple love crossovers.

Crossovers = safety

Crossovers = prestige

Crossovers = more passenger space

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      Last week, Tesla CEO Elon Musk revealed that Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund (PIF) could help provide the necessary funding to make the company private. But a new report hints that the PIF could invest its money into a different electric automaker.
      Reuters has learned from sources that the PIF is in talks with Lucid Motors about a potential investment. The two have drawn up a term sheet where the PIF could invest more than $1 billion into Lucid Motors and become the majority stakeholder. One source adds that the first investment would only be for $500 million and that subsequent investments would only come if Lucid Motors is able to hit  certain production milestones
      The sources do caution that the talks may not result in a deal.
      Despite the PIF having $250 billion in assets, Reuters says the fund has already made a number of substantial investments into other things such as a $45 billion investment into a giant technology fund. This leaves them with limited funds, which makes the deal with Lucid more appealing. Banks have estimated that Tesla could need up to $72 billion if Tesla pays the $420 per share announced by Musk a few weeks ago. However, the price could drop if current shareholders keep their shares in the private company.
      Lucid Motors made a big splash in 2016 with the introduction of the Air. The model made some big promises such as having the interior space of a Mercedes-Benz S-Class and a max range of up to 400 miles on a charge. Lucid was planning to start production of the sedan this year in Arizona. But last year, the company pushed back production to 2019 as they needed to raise more funds. 

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Last week, Tesla CEO Elon Musk revealed that Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund (PIF) could help provide the necessary funding to make the company private. But a new report hints that the PIF could invest its money into a different electric automaker.
      Reuters has learned from sources that the PIF is in talks with Lucid Motors about a potential investment. The two have drawn up a term sheet where the PIF could invest more than $1 billion into Lucid Motors and become the majority stakeholder. One source adds that the first investment would only be for $500 million and that subsequent investments would only come if Lucid Motors is able to hit  certain production milestones
      The sources do caution that the talks may not result in a deal.
      Despite the PIF having $250 billion in assets, Reuters says the fund has already made a number of substantial investments into other things such as a $45 billion investment into a giant technology fund. This leaves them with limited funds, which makes the deal with Lucid more appealing. Banks have estimated that Tesla could need up to $72 billion if Tesla pays the $420 per share announced by Musk a few weeks ago. However, the price could drop if current shareholders keep their shares in the private company.
      Lucid Motors made a big splash in 2016 with the introduction of the Air. The model made some big promises such as having the interior space of a Mercedes-Benz S-Class and a max range of up to 400 miles on a charge. Lucid was planning to start production of the sedan this year in Arizona. But last year, the company pushed back production to 2019 as they needed to raise more funds. 
    • By William Maley
      A fresh set of spy shots have come, revealing Cadillac's upcoming CT4 sedan. This will be replacement for the slow-selling ATS.
      But you might be thinking this is the larger CT5, the replacement for the CTS. Both vehicles are dressed up in similar-looking camouflage and have the same overall shape. We'll admit that we were confused when we first laid eyes on the photos, but Autoblog has come to rescue to by having spy shots of both the CT4 and CT5 to help point out differences.
      The key difference between the two models is in the back. If the cutout for license plate is at the bumper and a slightly rounded trunk lid, that's the CT4. If the cutout is higher and the trundled is slightly flatter, that's the CT5. There are some other tells such as the CT4's greenhouse ending closer to centerline of the rear wheels, and the size of side-view mirrors. One item that is similar on both models is the influence of the Escala concept in the front - large grille and slim headlights.
      Both sedans are expected to use an updated version of the Alpha RWD platform.
      Expect to see the CT4 debut sometime towards the end of 2019.
      Source: Autoblog

View full article
  • My Clubs