Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Scion xD versus the Nissan Versa

Rvinyl.com

I am excited by them but will stick with what I have for now till I see how they do. Course never know something totally radicall could happen and make the engine obsolete sooner than any of us might expect.

• 7 months later...

None.

Exactly. This is actually like asking which of two dolly Polly batfaced girls is ready for the next Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue.

Well, more like the use of better build quality, engines designed specifically for turbocharging, and of course the big one: intercoolers.

Bingo!

Dfelt, the problem with Turbos that you are referring to is almost exclusively due to those turbos being afterthought, knee jerk actions by car manufacturers. Ford's turbo was just slapped on a 4 cylinder and they called it a day. Purpose built turbo engines do so much better.

I actually love the 2.0 turbo in VW products for this reason.

I would take the xD over the Versa because of Toyota reliability. I believe the xD is basically a long wheelbase Yaris with a Corolla engine. However, the VW Golf is the only hatchback that really appeals to me, but it is in the class above the xD and Versa. I find the Fiesta and the Sonic to be overstyled.

Actually I find sonic, fiesta, and golf to all be fantastic.

It's like asking which is less terrible: being punched in the crotch or being hit in the face with a 2x4. All day. For the rest of your life.

You are quite honestly being too kind. If you want to punish yourself even more though, Mitsubishi can help with their latest entry.

I can't believe someone would willingly walk into a Nissan dealership, look at a Versa and say, "Yep, I'd like to pay money for that."

Go to southern Ohio and stand in a grocery store after food stamps come out. Check out some of the hideous women with children. I would hit that..and I would buy a versa/XD...are not that far apart. Destroying the human and automotive gene pool both happen with frightening regularity.

Yeah, my gut would be to go with the Sonic. The Versa is a complete yawn, the xD an epic FAIL althouh the jury is still out (for me) on the Accent.

Epic fail does not even begin to cover it...

The Scion has the hp advantage. I actually like the looks of the Versa Note. The only car in this segment I've driven is the Fiesta, and the engine in that thing is too weak.

The only Fiesta I would buy is the ST.

Sonic is awesome. And as far as eighties turbo cars go...Buick grand national. Noon on them all day and night and then drive them to California the next day. GNX is still one of the best muscle cars ever made, thirty years after the fact.

Actually, all of the Buick Turbos from the 80s were decent. There is actually a decent following of the Turbo Rivieras on facebook in a group I participate in. The Turbo Rivs were just detuned versions of that same GNX motor.

Turbo Porsches and Turbo SAABs have long had followings, going back to the 70s...niche models, but were pretty well received back in the day I believe. As far as the here and now, I'd like to see more performance-oriented turbodiesels offered.

Turbo Porsches and Turbo SAABs have long had followings, going back to the 70s...niche models, but were pretty well received back in the day I believe. As far as the here and now, I'd like to see more performance-oriented turbodiesels offered.

Like the Volkswagen GTD.