Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Spy Shots: 2007 Honda CR-V

Honda introduced its Acura RDX at the New York Auto Show earlier this month. Still under wraps, however, is the sister vehicle, the Honda CR-V, which will be built on the same platform. Now this latest spy shot captures a prototype CR-V closely following a prototype Acura RDX as they both undergo testing inAustralia.

The overall size and shape of the two vehicles is quite similar, but there are numerous differences. Disguise on the side of the CR-V make it look to have side windows similar in shape to the RDX, but a closer look reveals that the side windows of the CR-V curve downward towards the rear, giving the windows a profile shape quite different from the RDX. Also note that the CR-V continues to have its taillights mounted vertically, running up the pillar on either side of the rear window, while the RDX has more traditional horizontal lights mounted across the tail just below the rear window.

One big difference from prior CR-V is that the spare tire is no longer mounted outside on the tail. This has allowed the new CR-V to have a true hatchback design instead of using a horizontal-swinging door. The prototype CR-V also has just one exhaust pipe at the tail, instead of the dual pipes of the RDX. The CR-V is expected to continue using a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine, but with the output upped slightly to 170 hp. It will not offer the turbocharged engine found in the RDX.

Inside the CR-V will continue to have two rows of seats, with a capacity of five people. It will be slightly shorter and lower than before, but a bit wider. The Honda CR-V is expected to be introduced in September as a 2007 model.-Hidden Image

Posted Image

Link: http://www.thecarconnection.com/Auto_News/...173.A10341.html

AT first, I thought this SUV actually looks pretty damn good from teh photo, but then I noticed that the metal trim may be camo, and that the rear window curves down. I hope it doesn't, cuz it woul dlook stupid that way and destroy the look of the vehicle. Plus, it worsens visiblity.

Edited by Dodgefan

Hmm... I think it will be sharp instead of rounded, though (you are seeing the edge of that black inner outline of automotive windows). Either way, it'd look better with a more traditional look, like the camo suggests. Some vehicles look good with that (like the Infiniti FX45), but most don't.

Hmm... I think it will be sharp instead of rounded, though (you are seeing the edge of that black inner outline of automotive windows). Either way, it'd look better with a more traditional look, like the camo suggests. Some vehicles look good with that (like the Infiniti FX45), but most don't.

Sorry, other spy shots show it is rounded like that.

Guess they're going to further be swept by as the latest Toyota RAV4 and 2008 Saturn VUE steal CR-V's thunder-and deservedly so-the rear side window makes it look like the global Chevrolet Captiva (aka S3X).

Let's just wait and see what it looks like in production trim rather than looking at a bastardized photoshop.

It's not bastardized, you can see the real window ling in the original photo, I simply took odd the fake outline and outline the real thing more clearly

The new Saturn SUV will eat this thing's lunch.

Ah yes! Because absolutely no stats or information have been released on the new CRV, and you're basing your opinion entirely on a one camo'd rear 3/4 shot. :thumbsup:

Um...that didn't make sense. Try rewording it.

Example 1: "The new Saturn SUV will eat that thing for lunch"

Example 2: "That thing will eat the new Saturn SUV for lunch"

Um. Actually, he's wording is just fine, thank you. Man, I'm not that much older than you and I've heard that expression.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Hmmm, looks like a subtle evolution of the current model, sans the exterior mounted spare tire and verticle axis swing hatch. I think that is one ridiculously round window treatment for an otherwise square cabin; I agree with those that said the squared of chrome trim looked better on the prototype in the spy photo.

Edited by MrRogers