• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

Sign in to follow this  
William Maley

Jaguar Teases The New F-Type Coupe: Comments

William Maley

Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

November 6, 2013

Here is our first official shot of the new Jaguar F-Type Coupe that will debut at the 2013 Los Angeles Auto Show in a few weeks time. The F-Type Coupe looks very much like the C-X16 Concept shown at the Frankfurt Motor Show back in 2011. We can't tell much from this ariel shot aside from the F-Type coming with a glass roof, possibly an option.

We'll have more info on the new member of the F-Type family in a few weeks time.

Source: Jaguar

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at william.maley@cheersandgears.comor you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

Press Release is on Page 2

F-TYPE COUPE TO MAKE DYNAMIC DEBUT IN LOS ANGELES

• Jaguar to produce coupe version of breakthrough new F-TYPE sports car

• F-TYPE Coupe to make its global debuts at L.A. and Tokyo Motor Shows

(MAHWAH, N.J.) – November 5, 2013 –The Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe will make its global debut on November 19 at a Los Angeles VIP customer and media event, the eve of the Los Angeles Auto Show, and on the show floor on November 20 at the Los Angeles and Tokyo Motor Shows.

The all-aluminum F-TYPE Coupe range will deliver in production form the uncompromised design vision of the Jaguar C-X16 concept, and will complement the existing F-TYPE Convertible, winner of the 2013 'World Car Design of the Year' award. The F-TYPE Coupe will go on sale in North America in spring 2014.

Ian Callum, Director of Design, Jaguar, said, "The excitement generated when we revealed the C-X16 concept was terrific; so to now be on the cusp of what I can assure you will be a drama-filled reveal event in Los Angeles for F-TYPE Coupe is a very significant moment."

"We've been overwhelmed by the positive reaction to the F-TYPE Convertible, but for me the purity of creating a sports Coupe is a uniquely satisfying process – and I know that both visually and dynamically, F-TYPE Coupe raises the bar yet again."

View full article

Interesting potential. See how much of this gets passed onto the whole family and if potential customers actually buy it.

I think this is going to be one of the best looking cars on the market, if not the best looking car on the market.

• Upvote 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By dfelt
      88.61 MPH might not seem like fast or very exciting, but for a boat flying over water and going 12 mph faster than the previous record, a fast electric boat is amazing to see. Nice sound, faster than most.
      Full story can be read here: http://www.thedrive.com/tech/21587/jaguar-breaks-world-electric-boat-speed-record

• By William Maley
      While the spotlight has been on crossovers and their upcoming EV, Jaguar is still committed to building sports cars.
      “The F-Type has been a huge success. We love sports cars – and I use the plural quite deliberately. Whether that is delivered by a body variant or something else remains to be seen, but for now let’s just say that the body type is very important for us,” said Hanno Kirner, the person overseeing product strategy at Jaguar Land Rover.
      Emphasis mine. Jaguar only has one sports car at the moment - the F-Type. But according to Autocar, a second coupe being the successor to the XK (departed Jaguar's lineup in 2014). Some of their evidence comes from comments made by Jaguar’s head of design, Ian Callum last year.
      “I want a two-seater [the F-Type] and a 2+2. We’re working on something now. There’s nothing approved, but we instigate in design.”
      Reportedly, Callum's team completed a design concept for an XK replacement but was scrapped when Jaguar killed the XK.
      Autocar says this new successor to the XK isn't expected until after 2021. Part of this comes down to a new modular platform that is currently being worked on and will debut on the next-generation F-Type - due in 2019. This new platform is reportedly flexible enough to do a 2+2 coupe. Jaguar's Ingenium engine family will provide power for both models and expect some hot versions, including an SVR variant down the road. There is also talk about electrification, but that appears to be a long way out.
      Source: Autocar

View full article
    • By William Maley
      While the spotlight has been on crossovers and their upcoming EV, Jaguar is still committed to building sports cars.
      “The F-Type has been a huge success. We love sports cars – and I use the plural quite deliberately. Whether that is delivered by a body variant or something else remains to be seen, but for now let’s just say that the body type is very important for us,” said Hanno Kirner, the person overseeing product strategy at Jaguar Land Rover.
      Emphasis mine. Jaguar only has one sports car at the moment - the F-Type. But according to Autocar, a second coupe being the successor to the XK (departed Jaguar's lineup in 2014). Some of their evidence comes from comments made by Jaguar’s head of design, Ian Callum last year.
      “I want a two-seater [the F-Type] and a 2+2. We’re working on something now. There’s nothing approved, but we instigate in design.”
      Reportedly, Callum's team completed a design concept for an XK replacement but was scrapped when Jaguar killed the XK.
      Autocar says this new successor to the XK isn't expected until after 2021. Part of this comes down to a new modular platform that is currently being worked on and will debut on the next-generation F-Type - due in 2019. This new platform is reportedly flexible enough to do a 2+2 coupe. Jaguar's Ingenium engine family will provide power for both models and expect some hot versions, including an SVR variant down the road. There is also talk about electrification, but that appears to be a long way out.
      Source: Autocar
  • My Clubs