Welcome my new Saturn SKY!!!

Say hello to my 2007 Saturn SKY roadster!!!! It's C&G's first Saturn SKY and I'm now the 2nd Kappa-based car owner here. I guess I don't have to tell you how much I like this car!!!

It came in Tuesday night before the dealership closed and I got the call from my salesman this afternoon after the service department completed the PDI. The wife and I went in to check it out and I took it for its first spin (with me, that is). What a great car!

Here are it's first three pictures. I take delivery of it tomorrow night at 7:00 PM; more pictures will come over the next couple of days.

The first time I saw it:

Posted Image

After it's first drive with me as it's pilot:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I gotta tell you that the "Saturn Experience" is one that all GM enthusiasts should partake in at least once. I am very happy purchasing this car from my Saturn dealership and they have exceeded what I have expected. If the rest of my ownership experience is anything like the purchasing part, I'll be happy to be a loyal Saturn owner!

Congrats! The color wouldn't be my first choice, but it's not bad, and still looks beautiful.

I don't know if I'd take a non-Red Line SKY over my GTO, but I'd almost definetly take the Red Line version over it.

Congrats again and give us some more feedback after you've lived with it for a while.

Someone brought a C&D into class today and my friends couldn't believe it was a Saturn.

I love the color too, especially with the chrome wheels--very classy :yes:

I was "theoretically" spec'ing out my ideal Sky the other day and came up with one with every option INCLUDING automatic trans, and then chose white/beige top/beige leather. Now, if I could just scrounge up the $26k :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone! I love the color - it's called Silver Graphite and it's also on the Solstice as "Sly" and the HHR as "Dark Silver Metallic". Actually, that's when I decided to go with this color, after seeing a 2LT HHR with the chrome trim and chrome wheels. I thought the chrome really shines and stands out with this color, and so do the red & amber lenses of the lights. And remember, this car is still dirty and has much of the shipping wrap on it. When I go today to pick it up they'll have it all shined and purty. More pics to come by the weekend. Thanks for the encouraging words! :thumbsup:

Congrats GMTG! She's gorgeous.

You've had your eye on the Sky for as long as I can remember. I can only imagine how thrilled you must be to finally be getting it! Enjoy!

Again, thanks for all of the compliments and nice words. I took it to work (school) today and it was the "talk of the town" from everybody (teachers, students, staff & parents). The best was when I went to leave, a student who knows that I'm into cars but didn't know that it was mine came up to me and said, "Mr. R, did you see that hot convertible in the parking lot? It's awesome - I wonder who owns it?" and then I dangled the keys in front of his face! :P He asked if he could borrow it in 2 years when he gets his driver's license!!!

I took a couple of pictures today and had three people comment on how beautiful it is - one guy even followed me into the parking lot to get a closer look! The stares I got as I drove home from work were funny, and a school bus full of middle school grade kids were hanging out the window to get a better look. Since I've never really owned a car that gets this much attention (my '95 Trans Am did get looks, but not like the SKY), I'm finding this new "celebrity" status fun. But I know it will wear out soon.

Here's some more pics... enjoy!

Waiting to be delivered...

Posted Image

Proud new owner...

Posted Image

In the driverway - front...

Posted Image

In the driverway - rear...

Posted Image

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

That rearend is so gorgeous.

Welcome to the family!!!

And keep in mind, the celebrity status does NOT die off at all. Believe me on that. I've had my Kappa since December and the attention never ceases to amaze me.

Guest YellowJacket894

^ Same here, particularly payments. (Hey, if I have a chance in hell to get a new car, then, by God, this will be it.)

And let me say this: Is it possible to take a bad photo of this car? :D

STUNNING! That front end design, the grillwork and details, is just gorgeous, really better looking than the Solstice, I think I have to say. Which kills me 'cause I'm a Pontiac guy to the bone.

Congrats, and many, many, many happy miles! :pbjtime:

MSRP on mine was $27,170. That's the standard SKY model plus the Auto Trans, Premium Trim Pkg (leather + other goodies), Limited Slip Differential, 6-disc CD/MP3 stereo with Monsoon Speaker system upgrade (what didn't I option? rear spoiler, XM radio, and no factory SKY accessories).

As for the loan info request, I'm not using traditional financing for the SKY, so I can't really comment on the monthly payment that way (I used a home equity home loan to buy the SKY).

Josh - Well seeing how the nice weather is just rolling in, I can see why the celebrity status hasn't ended. Took a trip to TARGET last night; you wouldn't believe the many looks and drive-bys it got when I parked it. This one guy in an older Venutre minivan kept circling it - my 12-year old son was actually afraid he wanted to steal it! :lol: Haven't seen any other SKYs on the road at all. No wonder it's getting a lot of looks. There's two Solstices in my area - the red one belongs to a co-worker of mine and there's a SLY colored one at the local real estate agent's office on the weekends (SLY is Solstice name for the same color as the SILVER GRAPHITE on my SKY).

Mach5GTP - trust me, I know what you mean. I was a loyal Pontiac owner for a while too... switching over to Saturn still feels strange.

NINETY EIGHT REGENCY - thanks, that means a lot coming from you. I feel the same way about my SKY as you do about your Olds. I finally got a "dream" car I've been waiting for for a long time.

The sad thing about this purchase is how and when it will get used. The weather was perfect this weekend (a little breezy, but sunny & clear skies), but having to take both boys with me on errands yesterday meant no SKY time. Same today - the wife and I wanted to go ouut, but no one to watch the baby. I think this will be the hardest to overcome - not being able to use it whenever I want to.

Guest Josh

Josh - Well seeing how the nice weather is just rolling in, I can see why the celebrity status hasn't ended. Took a trip to TARGET last night; you wouldn't believe the many looks and drive-bys it got when I parked it. This one guy in an older Venutre minivan kept circling it - my 12-year old son was actually afraid he wanted to steal it!  Haven't seen any other SKYs on the road at all. No wonder it's getting a lot of looks. There's two Solstices in my area - the red one belongs to a co-worker of mine and there's a SLY colored one at the local real estate agent's office on the weekends (SLY is Solstice name for the same color as the SILVER GRAPHITE on my SKY).

You will factor in how it feels. When I drive mine even in Metro Detroit I get tons of looks. You just have to take it all in stride bro......I can imagine what you are going through.

But this should mean 1 thing to you folks.....find a baby sitter!

Congrats on your purchase! I also like the color.. but I personally, would have gone for a dark blue. Looks great other wise.

Yeah congrats man!!! I definitely enjoy the lines more than the Solstice, but either car is an awesome work of art.

Speaking of dark blue...

notice, the rim around the windshield is still silver? <_<

Posted Image

that thing has a beautiful rear-end :idhitit:

Posted Image

Yeah House, no matter what color you order on the SKY or Solstice, the windshield surround is still silver (along with some other parts too). The only way to deal with it is to order silver - then everything matches. I like it, as it makes it a little more unique that nothing else out there does it too.

Say hello to my 2007 Saturn SKY roadster!!!!  It's C&G's first Saturn SKY and I'm now the 2nd Kappa-based car owner here.  I guess I don't have to tell you how much I like this car!!!

It came in Tuesday night before the dealership closed and I got the call from my salesman this afternoon after the service department completed the PDI.  The wife and I went in to check it out and I took it for its first spin (with me, that is).  What a great car!

Here are it's first three pictures.  I take delivery of it tomorrow night at 7:00 PM; more pictures will come over the next couple of days.

The first time I saw it:

Posted Image

After it's first drive with me as it's pilot:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I gotta tell you that the "Saturn Experience" is one that all GM enthusiasts should partake in at least once.  I am very happy purchasing this car from my Saturn dealership and they have exceeded what I have expected.  If the rest of my ownership experience is anything like the purchasing part, I'll be happy to be a loyal Saturn owner!

Looks great! But after sitting in one at my local dealer I'll pass. The seats are absolutely lousy with very little support on the bottom and back! Also the seat bottoms are too narrow thus leaving the driver sitting off the left side. The driver position sits too low in relation to the cowl and the view across the top of the hood and front fenders thus making the forward reference to the road somewhat a guessing game. Also, no trunk or storage capacity. My prediction: This car & its twin the Solstice will sell well for about 2-3 years and when their market is satiated sales will go flat and then in about 5 years these cars will go the route of the retro-Thunderbird. :pbjtime:

Yeah House, no matter what color you order on the SKY or Solstice, the windshield surround is still silver (along with some other parts too).  The only way to deal with it is to order silver - then everything matches.  I like it, as it makes it a little more unique that nothing else out there does it too.

See, now I love the fact they they kept the windshield surround silver vs painting it the same color of the car. I think it accents the black/blue/red/etc. off nicely.

BTW, love the car and color you got! Now if GM would put some of those design cues in all it's vehicles they'd really have something for a complete lineup!