DECEMBER 2013 CAR SPOTTERS, RIGHT HERE!

ocnblu

Tonight in town, a new Cherokee out & about in a parking lot:

IMG_2082_zps1bdb0a48.jpg

And earlier in the day on my adventures, the 1st new 2014 SS in silver to arrive at a local dealer. After crawling around it and listening to it idle, YES, I will take one. Reminded me about everything about my G8 GT but with an incredible interior and new refinements.

IMG_7303_zpsfb4e77c2.jpg

IMG_7408_zps5b54a682.jpg

IMG_9073_zpsf7f4bab0.jpg

Has nice presence in person. Right size, right layout, right interior, right power, sounds good to me. It's not cheap but it shouldn't be.

Why you always carry a fire extinguisher.

A Facebook friend of mine was driving his 1928 Buick Master Country Club Coupe and spotted this VW Passat on fire. He stopped to help, and though he couldn't put out the fire completely, he was able to keep things under control until the fire department arrived. Apparently she had just picked up the Passat from the shop and the shop may have left a shop rag or two in the engine compartment somewhere.

post-51-0-06735400-1386277351_thumb.jpg

Susuki Samurai smashed against the K rail this morning due to ice on the road.

Have to say it is good to see the SS, but those pictures just confirm what I have felt in my gut. Bland and not at all inspiring. DOA for the SS.

Susuki Samurai smashed against the K rail this morning due to ice on the road.

Have to say it is good to see the SS, but those pictures just confirm what I have felt in my gut. Bland and not at all inspiring. DOA for the SS.

Not at all, and you have to see it. It could be garish with more swoops and vents and gashes...but not necessary. The real car in person is something else, especially inside and the feel. It will be a niche small market vehicle with rave reviews.

Saw this the other day, a non-worn out Eagle Vision, the Eagle version of the Intrepid back in the day. Been a while.

IMG_6044_zps2333dcf2.jpg

I always liked those Eagles... in fact both of the final Eagles were pretty good looking. Shame that one only came with the 2.7 liter.

These Eagles were never around when the 2.7L was out. They had either the pushrod 3.3L (common to the minivans) or upgraded models had the 1st gen OHC 3.5L.

They look great, even from the vintage. I remember several new Intrepids and Visions back in the day when they were brand new, and really stood out.

Really? I wonder what I saw under the hood of one then when I was jump starting it.

Friend of a friend has an unusual love for them

Edit: I always thought of them as the natural Chrysler competitor to the Pontiac Bonneville. Big, but still sporty and youthful. The Intrepid of that vintage would have been equivalent to the Eighty Eight, austere looking, but still capable and comfortable, and the Concord/LHS would be like the LeSabre/Park Ave respectively.

I like the Eagle Vision spot, you almost never see a Chrysler product older than 15 years on the road.

Interesting...

I've seen a few Plymouth Acclaims and Dodge Spirits lately. The early 90's sedans. Not many but some. My aunt had a blue Acclaim for a while, I remember.

Today out and about in my area, a near new appearing "old guy driven" tan metallic Olds Cutlass Ciera wagon. So interesting on cars of this early/mid 90's era how ABS was a big thing, enough that they added "ABS" emblems signifying the car had it.

IMG_0616_zps3f70d85a.jpg

IMG_0569_zpsa90e60c7.jpg

Then later in King of Prussia a 2nd gen CTS with very nice looking Vogue 20" chrome V-style wheels, along with Vogue tyres...but then a black cloth top. Interesting. Said Kerbeck on the back, and looks like one of their specialty used car creations.

IMG_9557_zpsf329d116.jpg

IMG_9317_zps6fc3d768.jpg

Then another new silver 2014 Jeep Cherokee out & about in the mall parking lot, rear tailgate already stickered up by the lady driving it. They look great out & about.

Saw a '14 CTS for the first time today, from a distance...a black one on the lot at my local Cadillac store..going to stop by this weekend and check it out.

Was beside and behind a black '14 Corvette Stingray in a traffic jam last night, first I'd seen close in traffic...it looks so much better in person than in pics...esp. in black.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

New Jeep Cherokee in Silver. Looked nice, had their 90 day temp in the window.

These look great. I spotted 3 yesterday, a few of which looked like they had been out & about in the snow and salt for a while--i.e., in their element. Right size and package for a lot of people, wanting nicer than CR-V, Rav4, Theta's, etc. with Jeep cachet.

'14 Cherokee Trailhawk in "Anvil" at local dealer. These new ones have grown on me a good bit. Would drive one.

Saw & counted 4 yesterday alone, while out riding around in a friend's new 2014 Grand Cherokee. The Cherokee looks great and will be very popular. All I've seen so far are Limiteds, no Trailhawks except on dealer lots--the wheels and trim make it nicer.

• Agree 1

Saw a '73 Laguna 4dr and a '66/67 Riviera in a parking lot this afternoon, both may have had their original paint with a patina of age and wear..both looked quite restorable. Also saw a very clean '69 dark blue w/ white vinyl top '69 Galaxie 500 coupe.

_____rHuWCreefurHe-vi.jpg

• Agree 1

I've been on a Subaru Forester kick in the last week or so. Local dealer has a dark gray '14 2.5i Premium with a 6-speed stick with an MSRP of $24.8k. Butched with dealer accessory foglamps, rain guards, and front and rear bumper underguards would make it just my style... :o

I've been on a Subaru Forester kick in the last week or so. Local dealer has a dark gray '14 2.5i Premium with a 6-speed stick with an MSRP of $24.8k. Butched with dealer accessory foglamps, rain guards, and front and rear bumper underguards would make it just my style... :o

I see a lot of the latest "new" Foresters running around. In Subaru style you have to look close to know they're new, but they look nice.

Subies, are always a hit.

I'd recognize that beautiful, jutting blade bumper anywhere. 1973. And judging from the bright grille, I will say Bonneville, because our Catalina had black horizontal bars. Although with a drunk photographer :AH-HA: I cannot be certain.

Edited by ocnblu

Saw a new Cherokee in the Safeway parking lot this afternoon...silver w/ dark gray lower trim. Didn't see the front, only saw the left side and rear..quite nice, though it doesn't look Jeepish to me--looks like a nice Fiat or Alfa CUV until you see the grille.

Also saw a black '14 Corvette w/ a red interior and the targa top off and a silver '14 Camaro SS convertible top down in traffic..