Sign in to follow this  
Variance

"Built for the Road Ahead" Reaches a Dead End

14 posts in this topic

"Built for the Road Ahead" Reaches a Dead End

Posted Image

As reported by Autoweek, the "Built for the Road Ahead" campaign is no more. Ford's new tagline is "Bold Moves". Frankly, choosing kind of a weak tagline like that is a bold move, in my opinion. Also, see what what famous face is going to be leading this "bold" charge.

Read "Bold Moves: Ford dropping 'Built for the Road Ahead' campaign" @ Autoweek

If memory serves, Ford has never really had a great tagline for a while now.

"An American Revolution" sounds great to me. Inspiring, patriotic, etc. Of course, if Chevy actually was what its tagline claims it is it would sound even better.

I liked "Built for the Road Ahead" it was vaguely philosophical.

"Bold Moves" just...sucks...ass

Dodge still has the best slogan IMO

You can take life as it comes, or you can Grab Life by the Horns

Caddy's is pretty good.

I've always liked Nissan's Shift_

I liked Toyota's "Now that's Moving You Forward" slogan, even thought it was different than the offical one...it sounded better (especially in those outragious Tundra commercials)

Saab's "Born from Jets" is ok, but what I like is the beginning part

"Saab was founded by 16 aircraft engineers. Their spirit live on."

Except for the Mustang and the GT, I can't think of a single Ford vehicle that I would describe as "Bold". Words like "Bland", "Yawn-Inducing" and "Forgettable" come to mind when I think of products like the Five Hundred, Escape, and Expedition.

Note to Ford: The years of baseball, apple pie and a Ford in every driveway are long gone. If you want to see them back, try building cars that don't suck, rather than coming up with weak taglines for sucky cars.

Except for the Mustang and the GT, I can't think of a single Ford vehicle that I would describe as "Bold". Words like "Bland", "Yawn-Inducing" and "Forgettable" come to mind when I think of products like the Five Hundred, Escape, and Expedition.

Note to Ford: The years of baseball, apple pie and a Ford in every driveway are long gone. If you want to see them back, try building cars that don't suck, rather than coming up with weak taglines for sucky cars.

If every car were as good as the GT and Mustang, it'd be Ford that was pushing for #1 not Toyota

i think theyrre trying a little too hard...why not "hey, fords are cool"

besides i think maybe jokes started to go around about ford and anything to do with the "road ahead"

it boggles me how they can have perenial best selling trucks and mustangs and still have so much trouble-but then again i guess we all kindve know why.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this