Chrysler 300 surpassed the 300,000 mark

U.S. sales of the Chrysler 300 surpassed the 300,000 mark in April 2006, making it the quickest Chrysler brand vehicle to reach the milestone in 25 months. This comes on the heels of another Chrysler brand achievement: global sales of the Chrysler PT Cruiser exceeded one million units in March.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060427/deth022.html?.v=50

Well, so much for the people on here that were so sure that the 300's sales would tank after the first year......and also, so much for the people who said retro and the PT Cruiser were dead!

:pokeowned:

I love the 300 and kudos for Chrysler having the balls to build it, but 300k in 25 months? How the mighty have fallen! There was a time when Chrysler had 4 or 5 names on go (some combo of Windsor/Newport, 300, New Yorker, Imperial) and routinely hit a quarter million units per YEAR. Now, Chrysler has all their eggs in one basket. HOw is the 300 selling against what the Intrepid/Concord/Vision triplets did in their first 25 months?

When Plymouth was a name to be reckoned with and Chrysler styling/engineering was king, Chrysler looked poised to overtake Ford. Then Chrysler got out of the car business. They had better get back into the car business because gasoline will be $5 a gallon soon enough and then even the Caliber may look too big for the market!

I've always rooted for Chrysler, but in this market (Toronto) they only have the minivan and the 300. You could count the Liberty/Grand Cherokee, too. They've lost the small car market entirely just as gas prices are skyrocketing.

I love the 300 and kudos for Chrysler having the balls to build it, but 300k in 25 months?  How the mighty have fallen!  There was a time when Chrysler had 4 or 5 names on go (some combo of Windsor/Newport, 300, New Yorker, Imperial) and routinely hit a quarter million units per YEAR.  Now, Chrysler has all their eggs in one basket.  HOw is the 300 selling against what the Intrepid/Concord/Vision triplets did in their first 25 months?

When Plymouth was a name to be reckoned with and Chrysler styling/engineering was king, Chrysler looked poised to overtake Ford.  Then Chrysler got out of the car business.  They had better get back into the car business because gasoline will be $5 a gallon soon enough and then even the Caliber may look too big for the market!

I've always rooted for Chrysler, but in this market (Toronto) they only have the minivan and the 300.  You could count the Liberty/Grand Cherokee, too.  They've lost the small car market entirely just as gas prices are skyrocketing.

Dude..the 300's been a sellout success...none of the models you mentioned hit 250k/year individually....plus, number of sales don't matter as much as transaction pricing....

Newsflash-All of the Belvedere products are coming out in the next 9 months...(Caliber/Compass/Patriot)...that's called good timing!

Dude..the 300's been a sellout success...none of the models you mentioned hit 250k/year individually....plus, number of sales don't matter as much as transaction pricing....

Newsflash-All of the Belvedere products are coming out in the next 9 months...(Caliber/Compass/Patriot)...that's called good timing!

Yep, the LX cars have been a major hit for Chrysler Group, they're more or less signle-handedly turned around the company (particularly the 300), and continue to sell very well (in back Charger recently had it's best month yet). If the redesigned midsizers are anywhere near as good as these, DCX is gonna be gaining some serious market share.

GM and Ford take note: style and performance sell.

I love the 300 and kudos for Chrysler having the balls to build it, but 300k in 25 months?  How the mighty have fallen!  There was a time when Chrysler had 4 or 5 names on go (some combo of Windsor/Newport, 300, New Yorker, Imperial) and routinely hit a quarter million units per YEAR.  Now, Chrysler has all their eggs in one basket.  HOw is the 300 selling against what the Intrepid/Concord/Vision triplets did in their first 25 months?

Did you miss the part about it setting a record? :huh:

Well, so much for the people on here that were so sure that the 300's sales would tank after the first year......and also, so much for the people who said retro and the PT Cruiser were dead!

:pokeowned:

Posted Image Rick James Bitch!!!

Edited by Charger4U

i commend DCX for its success with the 300, but it just goes to show you how many rappers and insecure balding penis envy forty something budding executive/banker types there are out there looking for the ultimate penis extender

Huh? How about we say, instead, a ton of people out there looking for the ultimate in style and performance, but with a pricetag they can actually afford?

That sounds a little more accurate to me...

The rapper crowd and their friends are just one little segment of 300 lovers.

Edited by caddycruiser

i commend DCX for its success with the 300, but it just goes to show you how many rappers and insecure balding penis envy forty something budding executive/banker types there are out there looking for the ultimate penis extender

Some people actually aspire to a bit more performance and distinctive looks than what a Ford 500 can offer.

People buy these things because they look awesome and have great performance. There's such a thing as buying a car because you happen to genuinely like it. It's not DCX's fault GM and Ford have yet to do such a thing with their large cars.

Bravo, Chrysler. You have proved to the world that, as Dodgefan noted, style and performance sell. Now, how about investing some of the fat profits you're making off these LX's into more stylish interiors, eh?

P.S: Anyone have combined figures for all the LX models? I'd figure that the Charger and Magnum would add at least another 100K to that total.

I agree with the finishing order in this article. The 300 Touring, with the 3.5L V6, was the quickest in the group. As far as looks go, I'd say it's just about a wash between the two top finishers. The Lucerne is quite the looker, (I wish it had a more assertive face) imo, but the 300 is dashing and masculine, with a bit of "bad boy" attitude. If the Lucerne were RWD with the supercharged 3800 as the base engine (yes, I'm still a fan of the 3800 engine, sue me)... then the Lucerne would have finished first easily. The Ford product is a competent snoozer. Hopefully, the larger engine and facelift will change the Ford's fortunes.

EDIT: :blush: Wrong Chrysler 300 thread! DUH! My opinion still stands, however.

Edited by ocnblu

The 300 has done well and I'm happy that the LX cars have done well - if they tanked, I don't think we'd be getting Zetas. However, I'm wondering how much of an increase the 300 has seen in fleet sales. When the 300s first came out, the only ones I ever saw were C's and were obviously not rental vehicles. Now, I'm seeing a lot more base-level rental cars than before with steel wheels and cheap-looking trim. Before, when I saw a 300, it was striking because they were almost always 300Cs, but now they look rather dumpy since most of them are base models with steelies and the C's blend right in because of them.

Bravo, Chrysler. You have proved to the world that, as Dodgefan noted, style and performance sell. Now, how about investing some of the fat profits you're making off these LX's into more stylish interiors, eh?

P.S: Anyone have combined figures for all the LX models? I'd figure that the Charger and Magnum would add at least another 100K to that total.

This years productions so far:

300-50K

Charger- 38K

Magnum- 19K

or thereabouts, IIRC from this weeks' AutomotiveNews. Yearly should be about 300K+

The 300 has done well and I'm happy that the LX cars have done well - if they tanked, I don't think we'd be getting Zetas. However, I'm wondering how much of an increase the 300 has seen in fleet sales. When the 300s first came out, the only ones I ever saw were C's and were obviously not rental vehicles. Now, I'm seeing a lot more base-level rental cars than before with steel wheels and cheap-looking trim. Before, when I saw a 300, it was striking because they were almost always 300Cs, but now they look rather dumpy since most of them are base models with steelies and the C's blend right in because of them.

I've yet to see a fleet 300, I see quite a few Tourings and C's though

The ironic thing is, the Charger is a far better buy...

Chrysler 300 Base @ $24,600

2.7l 190hp V6

4-speed auto

Dodge Charger SE (base) @23,245

3.5l 250hp V6

5-speed auto

Stability Control

Hmmm...alot to pay for a waffle iron between the headlamps.

The ironic thing is, the Charger is a far better buy...

Chrysler 300 Base @ $24,600

2.7l 190hp V6

4-speed auto

Dodge Charger SE (base) @23,245

3.5l 250hp V6

5-speed auto

Stability Control

Hmmm...alot to pay for a waffle iron between the headlamps.

im suprised your surprised, ive gotten used to notcing how soemtimes you can pay alot for a certauin name

im suprised your surprised, ive gotten used to notcing how soemtimes you can pay alot for a certauin name

I'm surprised Chrysler is priced more than Dodge yet delivers less content...and more surprised suckers buy that grille for an extra $1200.

It isn't just that grille - the 300C from the back is a simply timeless, stunning car. And for cruising the great American road (for me its five hours on the Pennsy turnpike a couple of times a week), there is nothing that I've ever driven in my life that compares to the performance and comfort.

I agree, though, about the need to spruce up the interior. But that's why they sell so many dashkits for the 300.

The 300 is a true Detroit success story that gives hope to Ford and GM. The 300 has not been just a sales success by Chrysler but is has given them styling leadership and forced GM and Ford to re-evaluate their product plans to combat it. In addition, the extra revenue the Hemi models have generated will allow cars like the Challenger to see a production line. EXCELLENT WORK CHRYSLER.

I'm surprised Chrysler is priced more than Dodge yet delivers less content...and more surprised suckers buy that grille for an extra $1200.

I agree the Charger is a better buy, but you know it's not just the grill that is different right? exterior wise, the only thingthe two cars share is the windshield. The interiors are someswhat different too, namesly the guage cluster (Which I much prefer in the 300's). Just poiting that out.

translation: FLEETS.  34% fleet sales for DCXChrysler first quarter.

thirty

four

meh, you'll find anything to complain about reg :P

34 percent fleet sales is not something to have concern over?

You quoted first-qtr '05......what are the fleet averages NOW?

Wasn't 300 still in a launch mode then when they were putting a significant number of them in fleet for exposure? (I forget when the LXs were all introduced...)

Plus it's still alot less than most of GM's sedans. I believe the old Impala peaked around 62-64% and the new one is running around 50%....if I remember the stats that Turbo200 posted on here one time....

I think Camry is running around 25%....?

Sorry, but this 19 year old has a full head of hair, and nothing to be worried about downstairs, and I would absolutely purchase a 300C if funding permitted.

Know why?

Chrysler is my company of choice, the 300 is rockin', and I personally dig its style.

Shh... Don't tell anyone, but I also love the Lucerne CXS.

You quoted first-qtr '05......what are the fleet averages NOW?

Wasn't 300 still in a launch mode then when they were putting a significant number of them in fleet for exposure?  (I forget when the LXs were all introduced...)

Plus it's still alot less than most of GM's sedans.  I believe the old Impala peaked around 62-64% and the new one is running around 50%....if I remember the stats that Turbo200 posted on here one time....

I think Camry is running around 25%....?

With the Camry's volume, that's around 100k units. Wow.

With the LX cars, its just sad to see that most of the rentals are indeed rental material. From a purely anecdotal observation, most of the Impala and Lucerne rentals I've seen in these neck-of-the-woods are vibrantly-colored and nicely equipped with alloys, spoilers, sunroofs and accompanying interior accruments. Contrast that with the 300 rentals, all of which tend to be base models with that pile-of-$h! 2.7l, wheel covers, no chrome accents, and worst of all, either white, gray, or swirl-marked black.

Also, remember that Impala figure included the remaining '05s. I don't think those figures broke the fleet percentage down by model year, only by model name.

Thats good but, the 300 sales will drop off when the all-new Sebring comes out. The 300 will likely sell around 200k in 2007my. I think that GM & Ford are wiser sticking with FWD until the whole market moves towards RWD or AWD. The Avalon, Azera,& Maxima are all FWD as is the Lucerne & Montego.

We will see if this car is a fad or a new long-term trend. Ultimately, the car is ugly and when the next Lucerne & Montego come out it will hurt the sales of the 300. THis doesn't even include the possible Invicta zeta sedan that Buick might have by 2010. The Invicta would killl the current 300 and hurt any next-gen 300.

Sorry, but this 19 year old has a full head of hair, and nothing to be worried about downstairs, and I would absolutely purchase a 300C if funding permitted.

Know why?

Chrysler is my company of choice, the 300 is rockin', and I personally dig its style.

Shh... Don't tell anyone, but I also love the Lucerne CXS.

The LX's rock, if I ever get the money I want a Mangum SRT-8 or Charger SRT-8 ^_^

Thats good but, the 300 sales will drop off when the all-new Sebring comes out. The 300 will likely sell around 200k in 2007my. I think that GM & Ford are wiser sticking with FWD until the whole market moves towards RWD or AWD. The Avalon, Azera,&  Maxima are all FWD as is the Lucerne & Montego.

We will see if this car is a fad or a new long-term trend. Ultimately, the car is ugly and when the next Lucerne & Montego come out it will hurt the sales of the 300. THis doesn't even include the possible Invicta zeta sedan that Buick might have by 2010. The Invicta would killl the current 300 and hurt any next-gen 300.

So..it's gonna take another generation of cars that came out after the 300 to "hurt sales" of the 300? That's pretty sad, hahahaha. Talk about playing catchup. By that time the 300 will be redesigned on the LY platform, and the competition will have to play catchup again! If these were fas their sales would have died off already, especially with gas prices. Yet they're selling better than ever.

At least Chrysler didn't half ass the LX cars, unlike the Lucerne and Montego. They all have good powetrains (Aside from the base 300 and Magnum), the midlevel V6 will be getting a 5-speed soon, and the hemi just rules. They're RWD and handle better than the other cars, they are exciting and distinctive. Can you say that about the Lucerne or Azera, or Montego? :lol: Nope.

Also, to each his own opinion, but the LX cars look awesome to me, far better than anything else in their size class. They blow the Impala, Lucerne, Azera, 500, etc. right out of the water