Mexico set to legalize

Satty

Linky

MEXICO CITY, Mexico (AP) -- Mexico's Congress on Friday approved a bill decriminalizing possession of small quantities of marijuana, ecstasy, cocaine and even heroin for personal use, prompting U.S. criticism that the measure could harm anti-drug efforts.

The only step remaining was the signature of President Vicente Fox, whose office indicated he would sign the bill, which Mexican officials hope will allow police to focus on large-scale trafficking operations rather than minor drug busts.

"This law gives police and prosecutors better legal tools to combat drug crimes that do so much damage to our youth and children," said Fox's spokesman, Ruben Aguilar.

If Fox signs the measure and it becomes law, it could strain the two countries' cooperation in anti-drug efforts -- and increase the vast numbers of vacationing students who visit Mexico.

I haven't heard about that until now.... time to check newspaper.

I found it here's the maximum amount of drug allowed

Opio: 5g

Heroina: 25mg

Marihuana: 5g

Cocaina: 500mg

LSD: .015mg

MDA: 200mg

MDMA (Extasis): 200mg

Mescalina: 1gr

Peyote: 1kg

Psilocibin: 100mg

Hongos Alucinógenos: 250mg

Anfetaminas: 100mg

Dexanfetaminas: 100mg

Fenciclidina (PCP): 7mg

Metanfetaminas: 200mg

Nalbufina: 10mg

----

God forbid us... that's all we needed...

Are you cereal? :o

hilarious!

not trying to make beef w/ you, but i thought these "political" topics weren't supposed to be here? just like an andmin judgement on it....?

but yes be a big boon for "tourism" and a way to tax something lots of people would try to use.

hilarious!

not trying to make beef w/ you, but i thought these "political" topics weren't supposed to be here?   just like an andmin judgement on it....?

but yes be a big boon for "tourism" and a way to tax something lots of people would try to use.

Well, the subject is not really political per se and the thread is progressing fine so far.

BTW, I'm a staff member but not an admin. Just a simple editor/reporter. :AH-HA_wink:

oh sure, let's promote people using addictive drugs.

my take: get all the immigrants out of the US.

You know, I heard ona talk show once, that the government should set aside a day that all illegal immigrants should have a bounty on them. That'll clear `em real fast =D

uh, no, everyone that's not here legally should be kicked out. It just so happens that few if any of the illegals are from europe :P

Good luck getting your fruit picked, buildings built, and menial labor done. Debate all you want about to esoterics of immigration, there is a reality here and that is it.

So everybody that's not from England and northern Europe should be kicked out?

No ...Just those who enter without any legal documents, then start demanding

rights that are due to Americans who work hard and pay taxes.

Total bull$h!.

If you don't like being an illegal in America, get the F*CK out....

Don't take they day off and have a demonstration....

Clog our streets with stupid banners.

Speak English, follow the laws, pay the taxes, or git.

Total bull$h!.

amen! stupid illegal immigants >.>

Total bull$h!.

8)

Hmm... time to move to Mexico? :P I see no reason why Pot isn't legal here, since it's much less harmful than tobacco and all... not to mention alcohol...

pot destroys your brain and is a 'gateway drug' to other addictions. JMO, of course.

Edited by regfootball

The rhetoric in this thread is bordering on flat-out racism. Anyone with Chinese, Eastern and Southern European, and Irish ancestry (along with others) should ask their great-grandparents how legal their immigration was. My great-great-grandfather, for example, had his boat from Russia turned around before docking in NY, so he jumped out and swam for land.

C-Spec times have changed since the past. China is going to be better than a America shortly.

For exapmle we have child labor laws now not back then. My ancestors left here from Ireland back in the day for here and made it and he worked for ford. my other half is almost unkown but traces can be linked back to the Slave trading days. as a trader and one day lost his son in a auction.

plus like now we have emmisons not back then. (had to make a car topic in here)

they can be here to survie ok but when they dont pay back to us and send all there money back to different countrys like pakistan, mexico, and spain. IT REALLY PISSES ME OFF!

Also Cocaine is a hell of a drug!

(as i quitely get banned from C-Spec today)

C-Spec times have changed since the past. China is going to be better than a America shortly.

For exapmle we have child labor laws now not back then. My ancestors left here from Ireland back in the day for here and made it and he worked for ford. my other half is almost unkown but traces can be linked back to the Slave trading days. as a trader and one day lost his son in a auction.

plus like now we have emmisons not back then. (had to make a car topic in here)

they can be here to survie ok but when they dont pay back to us and send all there money back to different countrys like pakistan, mexico, and spain. IT REALLY PISSES ME OFF!

Also Cocaine is a hell of a drug!

(as i quitely get banned from C-Spec today)

What do you mean "better"? Richer? China is certainly not going to be better in terms of human rights and happiness of its citizens.

Child labor laws were made in the early 1900s, much before the second wave of immigration in the 1920s. Most immigrants from back then came specifically to send money back to their families, and had little allegiance to this country. German-Americans supported the Kaiser in WW1, along with the Irish because they despised the British. Immigrants from Europe were also bitterly racist against African Americans, because the Great Migration to the North threatened the low-paying factory jobs of immigrants.

And back to the subject of the usefulness of illegal immigrants, the Transcontinental Railroad was made by Chinese workers working in unbelievably dangers conditions because they had to blast through the Sierra Nevada. The railroad going the other way to meet with them at Promontory Point was mostly Irish immigrants.

On the subject of emissions, what are you referring to? (If it's cars, factories like Carnegie's steel mills polluted a hell of a lot more. You should look at photos of Pittsburgh from around 1910.)

I think he means emissions standards and he's trying to exemplify how times have changed since those days.

There are two sides to every issue, just like there are to the current immigration problem. The fact is we cannot simply deport tens of millions of illegals (not just Mexicans) nor can we allow everyone who wants to emigrate here to do so without some sort of process. The answer lies in immigration reform and all these silly Spanish-language anthems are just a veil over the real issue.

like what flybrian said...

But what i am saying is thats all in the past. America is not a industrial country anymore. were more of a bussiness orintated country. China is growing as an industrial country. And there military tech is increaing they even have a space orginization. yes so we have all those but soon we can be over taken. yes people there dont have much freedoms but look back at america we werent as free back then either. We were govt. controlled. And so are they right now. History repeats itself.

Another point if the US gets into a huge war do you think china will want to build are tanks, or even the US industry? after years of no help offerings to them?

Some groups think the immigration laws are focused just at them and its not they only make up a bigger % of illegal immigrants.

Im sorry If it came out wrong and you can ingnore this post since its is way off topic and going into a political issue.

oh but you so love those cigarettes, pulltabs, and cheap coffee!

Just coffee. I spend more time at Starbucks than I care to admit....but I'm usually doing something productive while I'm there.

I cant justify spending $6 on a coffe when i can make a gallon at home for 25 cents. and i have wireless internet at my home. if i leave any where i just fill my thermos with coffee.

Guest Josh

I can see pot being legalized in small amounts it's been going down in Canadia for awhile and nothing has been blowing up over there. Pot is not a gateway drug at all.

I'll say it but my dad schmokes and has since he was 18 and guess what? He put a roof over my head, food on my table and clothes on my back and has never been written up at work and makes damn near every shift. It's all about keeping things in context.

CoCaine is the devils drug, Heroine is good for hookers and not much else. That's all and no, I've done none of the drugs listed in my last sentence!

did you guys here that this week denver legalized certain amounts of pot.

just what we need high people sking into trees and stuff cough** Sonny **cough

Or high people driving up pikes peak. (car rolling down hill) "hey man hey do you think they should fill these potholes up here I mean its pretty crazy"

CoCaine is the devils drug, Heroine is good for hookers and not much else. That's all and no, I've done none of the drugs listed in my last sentence!

Is that possible living near detroit? :P

The rhetoric in this thread is bordering on flat-out racism. Anyone with Chinese, Eastern and Southern European, and Irish ancestry (along with others) should ask their great-grandparents how legal their immigration was. My great-great-grandfather, for example, had his boat from Russia turned around before docking in NY, so he jumped out and swam for land.

How is it "flat-out racism?" I could care less where the illegals are from, what their race is, what language they speak, etc. If they are here illegally, I do not want them here, they should not be here. The government needs to crack down on them and the companies that hire them. Make it just as expensive as having educated and legal workers. To come here and take part in rallies waving the flags of their home countries, demanding rights that they do not have and refusing to assimilate is like spitting in the eyes of legal immigrants and our ancestors. Now they are just stealing my money, too, and do not tell me otherwise.

Fortunately, they are digging their own graves by holding these boycotts and rallies. You are boycotting the country you want to live in? Become a citizen of? Get free medical care and education in? What?

How is it "flat-out racism?"  I could care less where the illegals are from, what their race is, what language they speak, etc.  If they are here illegally, I do not want them here, they should not be here.  The government needs to crack down on them and the companies that hire them.  Make it just as expensive as having  educated and legal workers.  To come here and take part in rallies waving the flags of their home countries, demanding rights that they do not have and refusing to assimilate is like spitting in the eyes of legal immigrants and our ancestors.  Now they are just stealing my money, too, and do not tell me otherwise.

Fortunately, they are digging their own graves by holding these boycotts and rallies.  You are boycotting the country you want to live in?  Become a citizen of?  Get free medical care and education in?  What?

amen!

How is it "flat-out racism?"  I could care less where the illegals are from, what their race is, what language they speak, etc.  If they are here illegally, I do not want them here, they should not be here.  The government needs to crack down on them and the companies that hire them.  Make it just as expensive as having  educated and legal workers.  To come here and take part in rallies waving the flags of their home countries, demanding rights that they do not have and refusing to assimilate is like spitting in the eyes of legal immigrants and our ancestors.  Now they are just stealing my money, too, and do not tell me otherwise.

Fortunately, they are digging their own graves by holding these boycotts and rallies.  You are boycotting the country you want to live in?  Become a citizen of?  Get free medical care and education in?  What?

wow. you read my mind.