Sign in to follow this  
William Maley

Karma News: Fisker's New Owner Vows To Spend As Much As It Takes To Make It Success

Lu Guanqiu is the chairman and founder of China's Wanxiang Group Corp., which happens to be the new owner of Fisker Automotive. In a interview with Bloomberg, Lu says the company will be making significant investments into the troubled automaker.

"“I’ll put every cent that Wanxiang earns into making electric vehicles. I’ll burn as much cash as it takes to succeed, or until Wanxiang goes bust.”

That's saying something in the least. But the question is when will we see Fisker vehicles coming off the production line?

"The road is still very long. We want to concentrate for now on manufacturing in the US. If I don't succeed, my son will continue with it. If he doesn't make it, my grandson will," said Lu.

The plan at the moment is for production of the Karma to come back online, followed by the introduction of new models.

Source: Bloomberg

View full article

Money Pit! Says it all

His pockets are not that deep...

His pockets are not that deep...

True but then the Communist party will dump money into it to try and buy their way to justification for their system and world domination.

The whole reason China has succeeded is due to their hybrid Communist system where russian keeps looking to the past for their glory and not changing with the times. Russia could have easily had someone there buy this up and invest to make a go of it, but they do not know how to really make capitalist companies grow and I hope this guy has the business chops to make it grow and succeed as I only see a money pit bleeding red.

They can only buy so much. the real innovation in this world is driven by capitalistic free market systems, all communist/closed systems can do is copy and plagiarize the free market stuff.

I hope they can do it. The cars are just too cool. I very much want to see them on the road someday, maybe even own one.

What specifically needs to be done to restart production? (No wise-ass answers like "a miracle" please.)

• Upvote 1

Not sure what needs to be done.

I hope they can do it. The cars are just too cool. I very much want to see them on the road someday, maybe even own one.

What specifically needs to be done to restart production? (No wise-ass answers like "a miracle" please.)

To Quote the New Owner, Plenty of Money. They will need to get the assembly line back up to spec, line up the suppliers, get workers hired and trained and the list goes on. Be interesting to see if they can get a car out of the plant in 12 months.

I hope they can succeed, it was a fantastic car when it was here.

Competition will not hurt either of them...

Still destined to be a history note at best.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 90 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Social Stream

• Similar Content

• By Drew Dowdell
      Herick Fisker is back again after his original company succumbed to bankruptcy in 2014.  Now as Fisker, Inc., the latest vehicle he is showing is an electric crossover concept.  While we have a picture, the technical details are light.
      The EV will be priced near $40,000 and have a 300 mile range.  Powered by an 80 kWh enhanced lithium-ion battery, there will be rear-motor rear wheel drive and optional dual motor all wheel drive available. 
      Fisker is planning on the not-yet-named SUV in late 2021, just about a year after the Tesla Model Y is due to hit the market.  Fisker is planning on a Telsa-Like online only sales model with "nationwide concierge service". 

View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Herick Fisker is back again after his original company succumbed to bankruptcy in 2014.  Now as Fisker, Inc., the latest vehicle he is showing is an electric crossover concept.  While we have a picture, the technical details are light.
      The EV will be priced near $40,000 and have a 300 mile range.  Powered by an 80 kWh enhanced lithium-ion battery, there will be rear-motor rear wheel drive and optional dual motor all wheel drive available. 
      Fisker is planning on the not-yet-named SUV in late 2021, just about a year after the Tesla Model Y is due to hit the market.  Fisker is planning on a Telsa-Like online only sales model with "nationwide concierge service". 
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Tesla unveiled their newest addition to their lineup, the Tesla Model Y, last night at an event in Los Angeles. 
      The Model Y is a crossover based on the Model 3 platform but is large enough to carry 7 adults. Inside, the high seating and panoramic roof lend a feeling of spaciousness.  A front trunk and split folding second-row seats provide a total 66 cubic feet of storage. Like on the Model 3, accessing the Model Y works from a connection to the driver's smartphone.  The Tesla Mobile App connects to features like remote door lock, Summon, remote pre-conditioning, location tracking, and more.  Tesla has built the Model Y to be the safest mid-size SUV with rigid body structure and large crumple zone.  
      The Model Y will come in 4 powertrain variants.  The Standard Range version will start at $39,000 plus $1,200 delivery charge. It will also be offered in Long Range, Dual-Motor All-Wheel Drive, and Performance.  The highest performance Model Y will have a 0-60 of 3.5 second and a top speed of 150 mph.  Standard Range battery will offer 230 miles of range while the Long Range version will offer 300 miles on a full charge. 

Deliveries of the Performance, Long Range, and Dual-Motor models will begin in Fall of 2020 while the Standard Range will begin deliveries in Spring of 2021.

View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Tesla unveiled their newest addition to their lineup, the Tesla Model Y, last night at an event in Los Angeles. 
      The Model Y is a crossover based on the Model 3 platform but is large enough to carry 7 adults. Inside, the high seating and panoramic roof lend a feeling of spaciousness.  A front trunk and split folding second-row seats provide a total 66 cubic feet of storage. Like on the Model 3, accessing the Model Y works from a connection to the driver's smartphone.  The Tesla Mobile App connects to features like remote door lock, Summon, remote pre-conditioning, location tracking, and more.  Tesla has built the Model Y to be the safest mid-size SUV with rigid body structure and large crumple zone.  
      The Model Y will come in 4 powertrain variants.  The Standard Range version will start at $39,000 plus $1,200 delivery charge. It will also be offered in Long Range, Dual-Motor All-Wheel Drive, and Performance.  The highest performance Model Y will have a 0-60 of 3.5 second and a top speed of 150 mph.  Standard Range battery will offer 230 miles of range while the Long Range version will offer 300 miles on a full charge. 

Deliveries of the Performance, Long Range, and Dual-Motor models will begin in Fall of 2020 while the Standard Range will begin deliveries in Spring of 2021.
    • By Drew Dowdell
      On February 28th, Tesla announced that they would be closing most of their retail locations and moving to an online sales model in order to cut costs.  In a blog post yesterday, Tesla has reversed course on that position somewhat, and will not only close a portion of their stores. 
      Some of their locations, around 10%, have already closed and Telsa said they would have closed anyway due to low foot traffic.  Another 20% of locations are currently under review and depending on performance will be decided on in the next few months. 
      All sales will still remain online only, and customers who come into the stores will be shown how to order their vehicle online.  The 1000 mile or 7 day return policy (minus the non-refundable delivery charge) will remain in effect for any customer who has doubts about their purchase.  The remaining Tesla stores will have cars available for test drive and will keep a small number of vehicles in stock for people who want to take delivery immediately. 
      To compensate for this change in direction, Tesla will be raising prices by 3% on the more expensive trims of Model 3, and the Model S and Model X.  The base Model 3 remains $35,000 plus $1,200 delivery charge. Current prices are valid until March 18th.
  • My Clubs